Kerala Public Commission is a Constitutional body. The commission deals with the civil service matters referred to it under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution. It also releases the notification for selecting candidates to various posts under the State Government departments. Recently the Commission has published the Fireman Trainee notification. It is better to start your preparation for the same soon, as KPSC usually announces exams six months after the notification. So, these articles deal with the best books for Kerala PSC Fireman, which will be your companion to success.
Application Procedure for KPSC Fireman Trainee
Through the One Time Registration portal, on the KPSC website, the candidates can apply for the exam. The candidates should register themselves with the portal before applying and, already registered candidates can log in and apply using their User-ID and Password. There will be an “Apply Now” button against the respective post. Click on that and apply it by filling the required data. This provisional application can not be corrected after the final submission. If any mismatch is found against the notification criteria, the application will be summarily rejected. The number of vacancies is yet to be notified by the commission. The candidates can apply now, as the application procedure is open till 20th November.
Only candidates born between 02.01.1993 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) are eligible for applying, that is, they will be between 18 -26 years.
The candidates with a pass in Plus Two or its equivalent and having a Diploma in Computer Application (preferential) is enough for the post. So, without a doubt, this is a good opportunity for the aspirants. The post, however, demands some physical criteria too. The job nature requires physical parameters and tests. Also, the candidates should be skilled in swimming.
The exam as said is having two phases:
- Written/OMR based test for 100 marks
- Physical Efficiency Test ( Only for the candidates fulfilling the prescribed Physical standards).
- Document Verification
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Facts about India
- Renaissance of Kerala
- Constitution of India and Civil rights
- General English
- Social Welfare Schemes and Measures
- Information Technology and Cyber Laws
Best books for Kerala PSC Fireman
After having an idea about the exam pattern and the complete syllabus, the candidate can plan their own strategy. Self- study plans can be implemented. A hard work of about six months can really help you to get the top ranks in the exam. For the students who want to rely on books prior to the mock tests and online classes, here are some options:
- Indian Bharanakhadana(Indian Polity) By Jobin S Kottaram
- Psc Memory Codes By Talent
- India Charithram [ Part 1 And Part 2 ] [Reference Books For Psc, Upsc Exams ] By Prof. A.Sreedharamenon
- Make a habit of reading Newspapers both English daily and that of Malayalam dailies. Also, point down the information relevant for your exam. add points to it on a daily basis. Thus, your current affairs sections can be secured!
- PSC bulletin released by Kerala PSC is a very good option.
- A yearbook of any publisher of your interest.
- Kerala Novodhaanam (Kerala Renaissance) by various publishers.
- SCERT and NCERT textbooks of class 8,9 and 10th.
- Also, you can use guides of various L.D.C exams for the preparation of this exam too.
Entri is one of the best platforms where you can start your preparations. All these options are available in Entri. Candidates can get current affairs daily notes explained by the experienced ones. Also, online notes with explanations can be viewed and can be saved for later. Thousands of mock test papers can be practiced along with your preparations. Previous year question papers are also available.
Get the previous year question paper of the KPSC Fireman Trainee Exam, Click here.