Group II and IIA services in the Tamil Nadu PSC are one of the highly attractive and the competitive examination in the state. In TNPSC Group 2 services there are nearly 18 designations spread across the various departments. Group 2 services posts are usually available with the Subordinate Service, Ministerial Service, and Secretariat Services of Tamil Nadu state government. The Group 2 service is one grade higher than that of Grade 2A. The TNPSC Group 2 and 2A services eligibility is different in age, education, etc. The examination pattern and the salary also vary in both these services.
In Combined Civil Services Examination–II (Interview Posts) /Group-II Services,
selection is made in three successive stages
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Written Examination and
- Oral Test
While for the Group II A services there is an only single-stage written examination. No interview or separate Preliminary and Main examination.
Posts under TNPSC Group 2 services
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4800
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
- Sub Registrar, Grade 2
- Probation Officer in the Prison Department –
- Assistant Inspector of Labour
- Junior Employment Officer (Non-Differently Abled)
- Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled)
- Special Assistant in Vigilance and Anti Corruption
- Special Branch Assistant in Intelligence wing of the Police Department
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4600
- Assistant Section Officer in TNPSC
- ASO cum Programmer in TNPSC
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4300
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit
- Audit Inspector in Hindu Religious
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4200
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in TN Agricultural Marketing and Agricultural Business Department
- Handloom Inspector
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department – Rs.5200-20200 + GP 2800
- Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayat Department – Rs.5200 –20200 + GP Rs. 2400
Posts under TNPSC Group 2 A services
The scale of Pay: Rs.5200- 20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2800/
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service (Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Industries and Commerce Department, Industries and Commerce Department,etc.)
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department
The scale of Pay: Rs.5200- 20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2600/
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Secretariat
Service / Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service/ Cooperative Subordinate Service
- Lower Division Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly
The scale of Pay: Rs.5200- 20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2400/-
- Junior Co-operative Auditor in the Co-operative Audit Department
TNPSC Group 2 and 2A services Eligibility Criteria 2019
TNPSC Group 2 & 2A Education Qualification
Group 2 Educational Qualification
Group 2A Education Qualification
TNPSC Group 2 & 2A Eligibility Age Limit
TNSPC Group II Age Limit
- For all posts (Except Probation Officer, Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled), and Deputy Commercial Tax Officer – 18 – 30 years
- Sub-Registrar Grade-II – 20 – 30 years
- Probation Officer – 22 -30 years
- Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled) – 18 – 40 years
No Maximum age limit for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars), Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes (Muslims) and DestituteWidows of all castes.
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer 18 – 30 years
For the persons holding a degree in Law maximum age limit is 32 Years. Below 35 Years for (37 years for Law degree holders) Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars), Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes (Muslims) and DestituteWidows of all castes.
TNPSC Group II-A Age Limit
- 18 – 30 years. No Maximum age limit for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars), Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes (Muslims) and DestituteWidows of all castes.
Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of the notification of the TNPSC Group 2 and 2A services.
The syllabus for Group II and IIA services are similar while Group II has some extra topics compared to later. Here candidates can download the syllabus for the Group II and II A services. combined_civil_services_II_updated
For more details about how to prepare for the TNPSC Examinations, interested candidates can check here, TNPSC Examination Preparation. For applying to any of these posts one should register themselves with the TNPSC Application Portal. Here you can find step by step procedure for applying towards TNPSC notifications, TNPSC One Time Registration.
Entri wishes you all the best for your future. Start your preparation today with Entri.