Union Public Service Commission invites applications from the eligible candidates for the Combined Defence Services recruitment examination for the enrolment of candidates into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Indian Air Force Academy (AFA) which is located at various locations in the country. The examination is conducted by the UPSC every two years. This is the best opportunity for the aspirants to get into the defence academies and being commissioned as officers in various defence services. The examination is conducted in various stages which tests the intellectual, physical and mental health of each candidate. An SSB interview is the final stage of the process and the candidates are called in for an interview by the UPSC. Here are some tips each candidate can use while preparing for the CDS interview.
UPSC CDS Interview Tips
There are various stages of examination for the recruitment process. The written examination is followed by an interview stage. Candidates who are qualified in both these stages are then called in by the recruitment commission for a physical examination round. The final result will be published after considering performance in all these rounds.
- Be an honest candidate: The interview portion of the combined defence services exams is not intended to assess one’s knowledge of a subject. However, a candidate must speak from the heart or honestly answer all questions and must be confident about the answers given. There is a widespread misconception among candidates that telling lies about their hobbies in order to pass the interview will never help them. The interviewers are there not only to ask questions but also to assess a candidate’s personality and ability to understand that a “no” is a “no” and cannot be replaced with a “yes” and vice versa. As a result, you must be yourself and face the exam and interview honestly.
- Build your Communication Skills: One of the most important stages of the Combined Defence Service examination is the interview. It is very important that you communicate your ideas and answers clearly to the interviewers so as to make a better impression. As a result, concentrate on building your communication skills and body language for presenting yourself before the interview board. Some candidates are endowed with such abilities. And some people need to practice a lot in order to become excellent communicators of their ideas. Candidates who lack communication skills can approach those who have already taken the exam for useful advice.
- Be well informed: Every candidate who is appearing for the interview as part of CDS must be ready to face questions from various topics. So it is very important that each candidate is well informed and have adequate knowledge to answer every kind of answer that is asked to them. Building a habit of reading will help you gather information as well as remaining up to date with current affairs.
Here are some other important things that you have to keep in mind while appearing for the interview.
- Be polite and humble before the UPSC CDS interview board
- If your answer contradicts the interview panel, explain why.
- Consider the CDS interview to be a conversation with a group of people, and try to be rational and logical in presenting your points and also try to explain your answer confidently.
- Avoid being overly technical or factual in your responses.
- Accepting a mistake demonstrates that you are willing to learn and have grace.
- Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude throughout the CDS interview process and try to answer the questions in a positive manner.
- Do not panic or exhibit any negative body language or attitude during the interview.
- Provide detailed responses to the questions posed in the CDS interview 2021. Do not ramble on about anything that comes to mind.
- Avoid making comments or criticizing government policies, schemes, individuals, political parties and candidates are requested to maintain a neutral stand before the interview board.
- Avoid talking too much or too little.
Sign Up for Entri classes to qualify for any government examination you dream of. With the help of thousands of mock tests and guided tutorials from experienced mentors, your dream of gaining a government job is not a dream anymore!
|UPSC CDS Exam Information Links|
|UPSC CDS Notification||UPSC CDS Selection Process|
|UPSC CDS Syllabus||UPSC CDS Mock Test|
|UPSC CDS Exam Date||UPSC CDS Video Course|
|UPSC CDS Application Form||UPSC CDS Study Materials|
|UPSC CDS Vacancy||UPSC CDS Job Profile|
|UPSC CDS Admit Card||UPSC CDS Salary|
|UPSC CDS Study Plan|
|UPSC CDS Previous Question Papers||UPSC CDS Result|
|UPSC CDS Best Books||UPSC CDS Cutoff|
|UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria||UPSC CDS Exam Analysis|
|UPSC CDS Answer Key|