Union Public Service Commission conducts the examination under the title Combined Defence Service Examination for the recruitment of candidates to various defense training institutions in the country. Some of the major training institutions are the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), and Indian Air Force Academy (AFA). The CDS examination is conducted every two years and the second leg of the examination in 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on November 14. Candidates who have applied for the examination can use UPSC CDS Previous Question Paper 2021 to make their preparation easier and to get an idea about the pattern of questions that are asked in the exam frequently. Go through this article fully to get an understanding of the questions asked.
UPSC CDS Exam 2021: Exam Overview
|Name of exam||Combined Defence Services Examination|
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam level||National Level Exam|
|Exam frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam timing||2 hours|
|Language of question paper||The question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics are set bilingually in Hindi as well as English|
|Nature of questions||Objective-type Multiple-Choice questions|
|Number of papers||Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA): Three
Officers’ Training Academy (OTA): Two
|Total marks||IMA, INA and AFA: 300
|Application Fees||Rs 200|
|Vacancies||CDS 1: 345
CDS 2: 339
UPSC CDS 2021: Important Dates
- Date of examination: November 14, 2021
- Tentative date of publishing of result: December 2021
UPSC CDS Previous Question Paper
The Union Public Service Commission releases a lot of different recruitment notifications for the various vacancies presented by the central government authorities. However, to be selected for these recruitment opportunities the candidates will have to go through the selection procedure which consists of different stages. The first stage of UPSC CDS recruitment 2021 consists of the written examination and the candidates will have successfully passed the written examination to go to the next stage which consists of the personal interview. Candidates have to qualify in both stages to get a place in the final rank list.
Here you can download the previous year’s question papers for various year CDS examinations.
Click to download Section wise
UPSC CDS Previous Year Questions Benefits
Candidates start their preparation using the previous year’s questions to ensure getting a good idea about the examination and the questions asked. Previous year questions of the examination can be downloaded from the official website of UPSC @upsc.gov.in by the candidates. There are many benefits for the candidates in using the previous year’s question paper for the preparation as a whole. Let’s take a look at the benefits.
- Increases your level of confidence by many times. This is because by the time you attend the exams you will be too familiar with the exam pattern as well as the structure of the questions that are asked.
- You will have a better insight into the type of questions asked for the examination and the marking schemes.
- Candidates will be aware of the important topic from the examination syllabus that they will have to focus on.
- You will be able to score a minimum percentage for your upcoming exams. This is because a certain set of questions will be asked definitely. Regular solving of previous questions will help you find what those questions are.
- It will help you in improving your time management skills during the examination and will enable you to attend a maximum number of questions in the given duration.
- Solving more previous year question papers will give an idea of how frequently a question comes in each of the previous question papers.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UPSC CDS Exam Information Links|
|UPSC CDS Notification||UPSC CDS Mock Test|
|UPSC CDS Syllabus||UPSC CDS Video Course|
|UPSC CDS Exam Date||UPSC CDS Study Materials|
|UPSC CDS Application Form||UPSC CDS Interview Questions|
|UPSC CDS Vacancy||UPSC CDS Job Profile|
|UPSC CDS Admit Card||UPSC CDS Salary|
|UPSC CDS Study Plan|
|UPSC CDS Best Books||UPSC CDS Result|
|UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria||UPSC CDS Cutoff|
|UPSC CDS Selection Process||UPSC CDS Exam Analysis|
|UPSC CDS Answer Key|