Employee Appreciation Day is an event held on the first Friday in March that allows employers to express gratitude and appreciation to their employees. It was started by Dr. Bob Nelson, who was a founding member of Recognition Professionals International in 1995. The event was held to coincide with the publication of his book, 1,001 Ways to Reward Employees, and had designed to remind employers to thank their employees when they do a good job. Over the past 20 years, several companies have taken this opportunity to recognize the achievements and contributions of their employees with special celebrations, gifts, and surprises. Continue reading to learn more about the day.
Grab Latest GK study materials! Register Here!
Employee Appreciation Day 2023: Date
Employee Appreciation Day 2023 is celebrated on March 3, 2023. It’s considered the ideal time to thank every employee by offering heartfelt, amusing, and memorable recognition experiences.
Employee Appreciation Day 2023: History
Dr. Bob Nelson, a founding member of Recognition Professionals International, established Employee Appreciation Day in 1995 to commemorate the publication of his book 1,001 Ways to Reward Employees and to remind managers about the importance of praising their employees when they perform well. Nelson worked with his publishing company, Workman Publishing, beginning in 1995 to highlight the holiday in work calendars. Since then, more than 2 million copies of his book have been sold, and it has been translated into more than 25 languages. In 2012, the book was revised and expanded and given the new title 1,501 Ways to Thank Workers.
Employee Appreciation Day 2023: Theme
The theme for Employee Appreciation Day in 2023 is not yet available. The Employee Appreciation Day 2023 theme page will be updated as soon as it is published.
Employee Appreciation Day 2023: Quotes
- “A good employee is someone who always thinks about his company before thinking about himself and we are blessed to have such wonderful employees”
- “Thank you for your tireless work. Nothing matches your stamina.”
- “It means so much that we can always depend on you.”
- “Your hard work makes our jobs that much easier and more enjoyable. Thank you for always contributing 100%!”
- “The company’s success is a direct result of your efforts. We hope you know how valuable and important you are to this organization’s mission!”
- “Your commitment to the team wins you the most valuable player award!”
- “You give us all something to aspire to. The team looks up to you, and the boss is in awe of your accomplishments!”
- “You do more than just show up; you show us all how it should be done!”
Employee Appreciation Day 2023 Ideas: How to Celebrate
Thank You Note
It may sound cliché, but small courtesies, such as a thank you from a manager to his team members, can make a big difference. Praise them for their efforts; it can be a heartwarming moment that inspires respect for you and your company. Express your gratitude in a heartfelt message, on social media, in a thank-you note, or with a friendly handshake. Workers feel good at work when they feel their contribution matters.
Offer A Gift Card
Find out your employees’ hobbies so you can give them gift cards that match their preferences.
Take Them Out for a Trip
Offer them a cup of coffee or take them on an outing to make them feel comfortable. Interact with them casually and keep the moment memorable.
In the world of virtual reality, flexibility helps. Allowing a little flexibility, if it’s possible in your sector, can pay big dividends when you need to complete tasks at the last minute.
Invite a local artist or band to entertain your group. If possible, hire musicians who play music your employees like and cater to their preferences.
Attempt the following Quiz by Entri to boost your score in the examination
- World Students day quiz
- Global Hand washing day quiz
- World Mental Health day quiz
- International day of Girl Child quiz
- Indian Air force quiz
- Modern Agriculture quiz
- World Animal Welfare day quiz
- World Rivers day Quiz
- Gandhi Jayanti Quiz
- World Maritime day Quiz
- World Heart day Quiz
- World Alzheimer’s day Quiz
Discussion about this post