Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the engineering entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) to provide admissions to various engineering colleges across India. JEE replaces AIEEE which was conducted by CBSE. JEE has two categories. JEE main and JEE advanced. Only those selected in JEE main will be eligible for JEE Advanced examination. JEE main is for admissions to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and other colleges designated as centrally funded technical institutes (CFTIs). JEE- Advanced is for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). In this article let us check the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
Subscribe Entri to attempt JEE main mock test.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates- April session
|Online application started from||February 2, 2020|
|Last date of submitting application||March 12, 2020|
|Exam Date||Exams scheduled on April 5,7,9 and 11 , 2020 is postponed and proposed to last week of May|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Let us check few areas that needs to be satisfied in order to be considered eligible to appear for the JEE Main Examinations.
Few factors that has to be checked for eligibility are
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
- Year of appearance in the examination
- State of eligibility
- Eligibility for Admissions
- There is no age limit to appear for JEE Main examination
- Candidates who passed 12th or equivalent in the year 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age will be able to attend JEE Main.
Below mentioned are the few qualifications that make the candidates eligible to appear for the JEE Mains 2020
- The final examination of 10+2 class system conducted by central or state boards in India.
- Intermediate or two years pre-university examination conducted by recognised board or university.
- Final examination of the two year course of the joint services wing of the National defence academy.
- A minimum of 5 subjects senior secondary school examination conducted by National Institute of Open schooling.
- Higher secondary certificate vocational examination.
- Exams conducted in India or foreign countries that is recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian universities (AIU).
- General certificate education (GCE) examination with advanced A level(London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka)
- High school certificate examination of Cambridge university or the International baccalaureate diploma of the international Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
Year of Appearance in the Examination
Below mentioned are the details of the year of appearance in the class 12 examination that will be considered eligible for JEE Main 2020
- Candidates who passed 12th examination or equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or before will not be eligible for JEE Main 2020.
- Candidates appearing for 12th examination in 2021 or later also will not be eligible for JEE Main 2020.
- Only candidates who passed 12th or qualifying examination in 2018,2019, or will be appearing in for class 12th or equivalent examination in 2020 will be considered eligible for JEE Main 2020 examinations.
State of Eligibility
- State of eligibility means the state from which the candidate has passed the class 12 or its equivalent examination. State of eligibility will be considered to be eligible for JEE Main examination. State of eligibility doesn’t mean the candidates native or place of residence.
- If the candidate has appeared for class 12 examination in Karnataka and the candidate is from Kerala then the candidates state of eligibility will be Karnataka
- If the candidate has passed the class 12 or its equivalent examination from one state and has appeared for improvement in another state then the state from where the candidate passed the examination at first will be considered as the state of eligibility. The state where the candidate attended the examination for improvement will not be considered.
- For candidates who passed or appearing class 12 from NIOS should select the state in which the study centre is located as the state of the eligibility.
- For the nationalities of India who passed Class 12 or its equivalent from Nepal or Bhutan, the state of eligibility will be determined based on the permanent address as mentioned in the passport
Eligibility for Admission
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs is mentioned below.
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.Tech.||Passed qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.Arch.||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B.Planning||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics|
Eligibility for Admission of B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Planning. To NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board
Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 75% marks in class 12 or equivalent exam or they must be in the top 20 percentile in their class 12 examination. For SC/ ST, the eligibility is to obtain a minimum of 65% marks in class 12 or equivalent.
The eligibility criteria by the Council of Architecture for admission to B.Arch. course other than NITs, IIITs, CFTIs:
Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry, mathematics and a minimum of 50% in the aggregate of the qualifying examination
For B. Planning the candidates should have a minimum of 50% in mathematics and a minimum of 50% in the aggregate of the qualifying examination.
How Entri will help you with the preparation for Competitive Examinations
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Click here for JEE Main 2020 exam pattern and syllabus
Subscribe Entri to appear for JEE Main 2020 mock tests
Entri wishes you all the best for upcoming examinations.
|JEE Exam Information Links|
|JEE Notification||JEE Mock Test|
|JEE Syllabus||JEE Video Course|
|JEE Exam date||JEE Study Materials|
|JEE Application Form||JEE Interview Questions|
|JEE Vacancy||JEE Job Profile|
|JEE Admit Card||JEE Salary|
|JEE Study Plan||JEE Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|JEE Previous Question Papers||JEE Result|
|JEE Best Books||JEE Cutoff|
|JEE Answer key||JEE Exam Analysis|
|JEE Selection Process|
Discussion about this post