Entrance examinations are the standard way to test aspirant’s capability. These Entrance exams are found almost in every field. Some take months to practice while others demand years of practice. Today we are going to discuss about one such paper i.e., JEE Main .It is considered to be one of the toughest entrance exams in India. Let us know briefly about the exam first and then we shall proceed to discuss about the JEE Main 2020 Study Plan.Joint Entrance Examination or (JEE) is an all India common engineering entrance examination. It is conducted for the purpose of admission to various engineering Colleges across India. This examination takes place in 2 stages – JEE Main 2020 and the JEE Advanced.
JEE Main 2020, tests the aspirant’s capability and in depth knowledge of their subjects as a preliminary stage on national level while JEE Advanced is recognized internationally as one of the most challenging engineering admission tests. . JEE Main will also be an eligibility test for the JEE Advanced, which the aspirant has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).Since 2019, National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting JEE Main Examination in online mode and twice a year. The first attempt is in the month of January and the second attempt is in the month of April. The best score of the aspirant is considered for preparing the All India Rank list.
JEE Main 2020 Study Plan
The aspirants can easily crack the JEE Main 2020 examination. It is really not hefty as far as aspirants are extremely determined to crack it.
JEE Main 2020 Study Plan: Understand the entire Exam Pattern and Syllabus thoroughly
The first stepping stone towards success is knowing what to study. The right guide can proceed to the right track.(Entri is the best and right guide to take you to the right track.)
Preparing without understanding the Exam pattern and syllabus can cause severe loss of time.
|Name of the programme||Mode of the exam|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Computer Based Examination|
|B.Arch./B .Planning||Computer Based Examination (except for Drawing test)|
Aspirants have to be familiar with these 3 subjects.
The 3 subjects carry equal weightage of marks i.e., 33% each.
Here are the topics to cover subject wise.
Chemistry– Alcohol, Aldehyde Ketone, Chemical Bonding, Coordination Compounds, Chemical Thermodynamics, Ether, General Organic Chemistry, Phenol, Redox Reactions, s-block and p-block elements, Solutions and Solid State etc.
Physics – Electrostatics, Heat & Thermodynamics, Law of Motion, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Ray Optics, Rotational Motion, Simple Harmonic Motion, Wave Motion and Wave Optics etc.
Mathematics – Applications of Derivatives, Circles, Complex Numbers, Definite Integration, Matrices and Determinants, Probability, Sequence and Series, Three Dimentional Geometry, Theory of Equations, Vectors etc.
JEE Main 2020 Study Plan: Study Materials
A book is a dream you hold in your hand. Without knowing which books to study and refer, it’s difficult to proceed our journey.
Most important list of books to study for JEE Main 2020 are as follows:
- NCERT Mathematics
- Maths : RD Sharma and ML Khanna
- Topic wise solved papers by Amit M. Agarwal
- NCERT Physics
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Topic wise solved papers by D.C. Pandey
- NCERT Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by N Avasti
- Inorganic Chemistry by VK Jaiswal and JD Lee
It is always better to start the exam preparation with the toughest subject or the subject which you are not very proficient as it gallops too much of time. It is of ultimate importance that one has to make a distinct selection of the appropriate study materials that has to be referred.
Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing else can be managed. Taking the practice in strategic way is the key for the optimal performance in JEE Main 2020.
Build a Battle Plan for preparation
- Build a good timetable and follow it religiously.
- Systematic study is more crucial than the random conceptual study.
- Analyse the topic you are weak on, and start working on that particular topic.
- While studying, jot down the important points to revise during the exams
Revise Up to Date
- Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally but what you do consistently.
- Whatever is studied, should be overhauled by the end of the day, week and month.
- Without prior revision, it is really hefty to crack the examination.
- Revision makes you perfect in all the topics.
- Perform self-assigned tests, once each topic is finished studying.
Practice through mock tests ”Practice makes the man Perfect”
- Answering previous year question papers can give you an idea of the type of questions asked by the JEE Main .
- Helps you assess your own preparation level well in advance. In addition, you can time your answers optimally. It also helps you know how much time you can spend on each question.
- Do not give up if you have failed in mock tests.
- Don’t think about the final paper, the JEE exam, focus on doing better in next test. It’s a gradual process to improvement till the final day of the exam.
Points to be avoided in JEE Main Study plan
- Inconsistency in studies. Maintain some hours to study daily and follow it religiously. Be up to date in all that you study.
- Stay away from Social Media. Get rid of all the distractions like TV, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. All these distractions can be addictions also. While preparing for JEE Main and Advanced, you need only one addiction and that is your Studies.
- Avoid unnecessary outing with friends and families.
Hard work and passion
Finally, you must work hard with a passion and perseverance and think of your dream. So buck up, study hard, will yourself to go that extra mile. Do not think exams as a burden but as a golden opportunity to improve and show your talent and intelligence.
Sum up of the important steps to conquer the JEE Main Exam 2020
- Study as per exam pattern
- Source wisely
- Time management
- Focus on each topic
- Have goals
- Practice mock test papers
- Have dedication and passion
- Keep yourself physically and mentally fit
You can prepare your best with Entri, as it is the excellent online platform for all the Competitive Exams. Entri wishes you all the best for your examinations and future endeavors.
“YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GREAT TO START, BUT YOU HAVE TO START TO BE GREAT.”
|JEE Exam Information Links|
|JEE Notification||JEE Mock Test|
|JEE Syllabus||JEE Video Course|
|JEE Exam date||JEE Study Materials|
|JEE Application Form||JEE Interview Questions|
|JEE Vacancy||JEE Job Profile|
|JEE Admit Card||JEE Salary|
|JEE Answer key||JEE Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|JEE Previous Question Papers||JEE Result|
|JEE Best Books||JEE Cutoff|
|JEE Eligibility Criteria||JEE Exam Analysis|
|JEE Selection Process|