The first round of the JEE Main session for January 2020 was conducted successfully. The second session of JEE Main which was scheduled for April 5,7,8,9,11, 2020, has now been postponed to curb the COVID-19 outbreak. Revised dates will be announced soon. Candidates can use this time productively and invest in better preparation for the upcoming session. In this article, we will discuss JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips in order to make preparation easy for the aspirants.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
How to start preparing for JEE Main 2020?
The candidates can follow the steps given below in order to make their JEE Main preparation easy:
STEP 1: Go through the JEE Main 2020 syllabus in detail
STEP 2: Understand the exam pattern of JEE Main
STEP 3: Make a plan for the JEE Main 2020 preparation
STEP 4: Make a note of all the Books you will need to refer
STEP 5: Practice till you are perfect using mock tests and previous year papers
STEP 6: Revision
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips: Know your Syllabus
To crack JEE Main, one needs to be perfect in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 11 and 12. NTA provides the aspirants with the detailed syllabus for the JEE Main Exam. This allows students to know what and how to prepare for JEE Main 2020. Once you go through the syllabus in detail, you can divide the syllabus as per your comfort and start preparing. It would be better to give more time for difficult and those topics which have higher weightage.
JEE Main Syllabus – Topics with weightage
The weightage of each topic asked in the JEE Main Syllabus was calculated by analyzing all the previous question papers of the JEE Main Examination.
Given below are the JEE Main Syllabus for each topic along with its weightage:
JEE Main 2020 Physics Topics with Weightage
|Sl No||Topic||Weightage (in %)|
|1.||Physics and Measurement||4|
|2.||Work, Energy and Power||3|
|4.||Properties of Solids and Liquids||5|
|5.||Kinetic theory of Gases||3|
|6.||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||3|
|9.||Laws of Motion||3|
|12.||Oscillations and Waves||3|
|15.||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||5|
|18.||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||6|
|19.||Atoms and Nuclei||3|
JEE Main 2020 Maths Topics with Weightage
|Sl. No||Topics||Weightage (in %)|
|1.||Sets, Relations and Functions||5|
|2.||Complex numbers and quadratic equations||7|
|3.||Matrices and Determinants||7|
|4.||Permutations and Combinations||4|
|5.||Binomial theorem and its Simple Applications||2|
|6.||Sequence and Series||5|
|8.||Limit,continuity, and differentiability||10|
|10.||Three Dimensional Geometry||6|
|12||Statistics and Probability||8|
JEE Main 2020 Chemistry Topics with Weightage
|Sl. No||Topic||Weightage ( in %)|
|1.||Some basic concept in chemistry||5|
|2.||States of matter||3|
|7.||Redox Reaction and Electrochemistry||4|
|10.||General Principle and Process of Isolation of Metals||2|
|11.||Classification of Elements and Periodic Table||3|
|14.||S- Block Elements Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals||1|
|15.||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||5|
|16.||d- and f- Block Elements||4|
|19.||Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds||3|
|20.||Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry||3|
|22.||Organic Compounds Containing Halogens||2|
|23.||Organic Compounds containing Oxygen||6|
|24.||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||1|
|27.||Chemistry in Everyday Life||4|
|28.||Principles Related to Practical Chemistry||3|
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips: Exam Pattern
Candidates must have know about the JEE Main exam pattern before preparing for the exam. Understanding the marking scheme gives candidates an idea about how to their exam. This is one important factor mentioned in JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips.
JEE Main 2020 Exam pattern – Paper 1
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Total number of questions||90 (30 questions each subject)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for every correct response; – 1 mark for a wrong answer.|
|Medium of paper||English or Hindi (Gujarati also provided for Aspirants from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli)|
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips – Important points
- Study each chapter from every subject and understand the concepts. NCERT books can be used for this purpose.
- While studying, make a note of important points and formulas. These short notes will be handy during revision.
- After studying a chapter or topic, self analyze how much you can recollect and to what extent you have understood the topic. Redo the topics if you are finding it difficult.
- Practice questions based on the topic studied.
- Attempt as many JEE Main mock test as you can after completing the syllabus. Analyze your performance
- Use the analysis to know your weak areas and concentrate on improving them while doing your revision.
- It is difficult to crack any exam especially one like JEE Main without revision. So keep revising again and again to become thorough.
- Try to understand all the concepts and clear all doubts.
- Don’t forget to take break and relax. Always stop when you are tired. Also, do regular exercise and eat healthy to keep yourself mentally and physically fit.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips – Books
NCERT books are good to get your basics strong for the JEE Main Exam. Other reference books which the Candidates can go through are also given in the table below along with the NCERT books.
|Physics||· NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII )
· Concepts of physics (Vol. 1 and 2) by H.C Verma
· Fundamentals of Physics, Authored by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
· Understanding Physics, Author – Pandey (Arihant Publications)
· Problems in General Physics, Authored by I.E Irodov
· Understanding physics, Author – Freedman and Young
· Problems and solution of physics, Author – Shashi Bhushan Tiwari
· Problems in Physics, Author – SS Krotov
|Chemistry||· Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations, Author – R.C. Mukherjee
· Organic Chemistry, Authored by O P Tandon
· Concept of Physical Chemistry, Author – P Bahadur
· Concise Inorganic Chemistry, Authored by J D Lee
· Physical Chemistry, Author – P.W. Atkins
· Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
|Maths||· NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII )
· Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma
· Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney
· The Elements Of Coordinate Geometry, Authored by S L Loney
· Algebra, Author – Dr. S K Goyal Arihant Publications
· Play with Graphs, Author – Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
· Differential Calculus, Author – Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
· Integral Calculus, Author – Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
· Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH
Other Important Links:
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
- JEE Main 2020 Previous Question Papers
- JEE Main 2020 Study Materials
- JEE Main 2020 Study Plan
- JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- JEE Main 2020 Cut off
Preparation is the key to a success, so prepare yourself before you attempt the JEE Main Exam. Follow the above tips and tricks given in this article to ensure you have a successful run and study at an NIT, IIIT or GFTI. All the best!!