Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) has invited application from Graduates & Under Graduates to fill the popular Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) posts. As of March 2019, 44531 vacancies are reported from different RRB’s. The selection process involves two stages of Computer Based Test following Skill test (for typist and clerk posts) and Aptitude test (for Station Master) and document verification and medical examination. The stage 01 exam would be common for all and the stage 02 written examination will be different for each pay band. The RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 would be the same for both stages of examination with slight variation in the difficulty level. The Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) vacancy includes Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Commercial Apprentice and Station Master in various Railway Boards. Graduation and HSE are the minimum education qualification for different posts. Candidates should note that those awaiting results of the minimum educational qualification is not eligible.
RRB NTPC Important Dates
- Online Application Starting Date – 01 March 2019
- Closing Date – 31 March 2019
- Closing Date for Payment of Application Fee – 05 April 2019
- Phase 01 CBT – Tentatively scheduled for August/September 2019
RRB NTPC 2019 Salary
For the junior clerk, accountant, timekeeper salary will be on level 2 of the 7th pay with initial pay of Rs. 19900 /, for Commercial cum Ticket Clerk salary will be on the level 3 of the 7th pay with initial pay of Rs. 21700/.
Click here to get a detailed account of the salary. RRB NTPC Salary
RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Pattern
- Candidates have to attend different Stage 02 examinations for each pay levels.
- Negative marking is present in both stages of the examination(1/3 marks for each wrong answer)
- The normalization of the Marks is present.
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019
Preliminary Stage and Main Examination
- Number System, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF,
- Ratio and Proportions, Percentage,
- Time and Work, Time and Distance,
- Simple and Compound Interest,
- Profit and Loss,
- Elementary Algebra,
- Geometry and Trigonometry,
- Elementary Statistics
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series,
- Coding and Decoding,
- Mathematical Operations,
- Similarities and Differences,
- Relationships, Analytical Reasoning,
- Jumbling, Venn Diagrams,
- Puzzle, Data Sufficiency,
- Statement- Conclusion, Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making,
- Maps, Interpretation of Graphs, etc.
- Current Events of National and International Importance, Games and Sports,
- Art and Culture of India,
- Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India,
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE),
- History of India and Freedom Struggle,
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World,
- Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system,
- General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India,
- UN and Other important World Organizations,
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large,
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, Common Abbreviations,
- Transport Systems in India,
- Indian Economy,
- Famous Personalities of India and World,
- Flagship Government Programs,
- Flora and Fauna of India,
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India etc
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern and Pay Levels
Candidates are advised to visit websites of RDSO [www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in ) ► Directorates ► Psycho Technical Directorate ► Guidelines for Aptitude Test ] for question patterns and other details of Computer Based Aptitude Test(CBAT). CBAT would be of qualifying nature and mandatory for the Station Master and Traffic Assistant Posts. Candidates should score at least 42 T-score for having a passing grade in this section.
Candidates can find the detail information’s about the recruitment from the official notification. RRB NTPC Official Notification 2019
Daily practice is key to your success. Start your preparation, attempt mock tests analyze progress. Entri wishes you all the best for your future.