The Tamil Nadu Public Service commission fills up the vacancies under group 3 and group 3A posts every year. For this purpose, the Tamil Nadu Public Service conducts the TNPSC Group 3 exam every year. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 3 Exam 2022 is very prestigious and highly competitive in nature. You can crack this exam with a proper study plan. In this article, we will help you formulate a study plan for Group 3 exam conducted by the TNSC, TNPSC Group 3 Study Plan 2022. Let us also discuss the TNPSC Group 3 exam strategy, TNPSC Group 3 preparation plan, etc.
TNPSC Group 3 Study Plan 2022
One among the many questions usually candidates face while in the preparation process of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 3 exam is if they can crack the examination during the first attempt. It is absolutely possible to clear your TNPSC group 3 exam 2021 with flying colors. The only requirements for clearing this exam are a regular and appropriate study plan, valid and up-to-date study materials, and an imminent and genuine urge to clear the examination. Basic requirements for formulating your own study plan for the TNPSC Group 3 exam are
- In-depth knowledge regarding the pattern of the examination and TNPSC Group 3 exam syllabus 2022
- Schedule your time wisely. Prepare a proper timetable covering all topics. Time management is also very crucial for executing your TNPSC Group 3 Study plan 2022.
- Genuine and authentic study materials
|Days||Language(English)||History||Geography||Economics||Polity||Science (30||Aptitude & Reasoning (45 min)||Current Affairs(1 hr)|
|Day 1||6th Samacheer Kalvi book term-1||Indus valley civilization||Earth & Universe-1||Nature of Indian Economy-1||Citizenship||Acids, Bases & Salts-1||Number series easy level||January 1st week + today current affairs|
|Day 2||6th Samacheer Kalvi book term -2||Jainism||Earth & Universe-2||Nature of Indian Economy-2||Constitution of India-1||Acids, Bases & Salts-2||Simplification||January 2nd week + today current affairs|
|Day 3||6th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term-3||Buddhism||Solar system-1||Methods of Measuring National Income-1||Constitution of India-2||General Scientific laws-1||Direction-1||January 3rd week + today current affairs|
|Day 4||Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb||Pra-Mauryan Age||Solar system-2||Methods of Measuring National Income-2||Constitution of India-3||General Scientific laws-2||Direction-2||January 4th week + today current affairs|
|Day 5||Articles, Prepositions||Magadha empire-1||Monsoon, rainfall, weather||The salient feature of constitution -1||Main Concepts of Life Science||Number series high level||Revise January month|
|Day 6||Vocabulary||Magadha empire-2||climate water resources||Indian Financial System||The salient feature of constitution -2||Elements & Compounds||HCF & LCM||Revise January month|
|Day 8||7th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term-1||The Aryan & the Vedic Age||Soil, Minerals & Natural resources-1||Land Reforms & Agriculture||The preamble to the constitution||Classification of living organism-1||Blood Relation-1||February 1st week + today current affairs|
|Day 9||7th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term-2||The Mauryan Empire||Soil,Minerals & Natural resources-2||Application of science in agriculture||Fundamental Rights-1||Classification of living organism-2||Blood Relation-2||February 2nd week + today current affairs|
|Day 10||7th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term-3||Gupta’s age, Gupta Administration||Social geography||Strategies for Planning||Fundamental Rights-2||Nature of Universe-1||Clock||February 3rd week + today current affairs|
|Day 11||Infinitive, Gerund, Participle||The Harsha Period||Rivers in India-1||Five year Plan-1||Fundamental Rights-3||Nature of Universe-2||Calendar||February 4th week + today current affairs|
|Day 12||Prefix, Suffix||Sangam Age||Rivers in India-2||Five year Plan-2||Fundamental Rights-4||Units & Measurements-1||Wrong Number Series||Revise February month|
|Day 13||Blending words, Compound words||The Rajputs||Forest & Wildlife||Five year Plan-3||Directive Principles of State Policy||Units & Measurements-2||Venn diagrams||Revise February month|
|Day 15||8th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term -1||Advent of Europeans-1||Rivers in Tamil Nadu-1||Industrial growth||Fundamental duties-1||Units & Measurements-3||Simple Interest||March 1stweek + today current affairs|
|Day 16||8th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term -2||Delhi Sultans-1||Rivers in Tamil Nadu-2||Insurance Sector||Fundamental duties-2||Blood & blood circulation||Compound Interest||March 2nd week + today current affairs|
|Day 17||8th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term -3||Delhi Sultans-2||Population||Demography||Fundamental duties-3||Reproductive system-1||Visual Reasoning-1||March 3rd week + today current affairs|
|Day 18||Books & Author||The Mughal Empire-1||Agricultural pattern||Poverty||Fundamental duties-4||Reproductive system-2||Visual Reasoning-2||March 4th week + today current affairs|
|Day 19||Tense1||The Mughal Empire-2||Density and distribution of natural calamities||Unemployment-1||Parliament||Physical quantities, standards, and units-1||Time & Work type 1||Revise March month|
|Day 20||Tense2||Religious Movements||Disaster Management||Unemployment-2||Members of Parliament||Physical quantities, standards, and units-2||Time & Work type 2||Revise March month|
|Day 22||9th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term -1||socio‐economic factors-1||Landforms-1||Rural Development Programmes-1||Union legislature||National Scientific Laboratories||Logical Reasoning-1||April 1st week + today current affairs|
|Day 23||9th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term -2||socio‐economic factors-2||Transport including surface transport & communication||Rural Development Programmes-2||State Legislature||Invention & discoveries-1||Alpha Numeric Reasoning-1||April 2nd week + today current affairs|
|Day 24||9th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term -3||The Marathas Age||Important Organization in India||Rural Development Programmes-3||State Executive||Invention & discoveries-2||Alpha Numeric Reasoning-2||April 3rd week + today current affairs|
|Day 25||Modal verbs||Vijayanagara Kingdom||Important Organization in the world||Union Budget-1||Panchayat Raj||Force, Motion & Energy||Data Interpretation- pie, bar easy level||April 4th week + today current affairs|
|Day 26||Sentence Patterns-1||Governor-General of Bengal||Ecology & Environment-1||Union Budget-2||Municipalities||Mechanics & Properties of Matter||Data Interpretation- pie, bar high level||Revise April month|
|Day 27||Sentence Patterns-2||Governor-General of India-1||Ecology & Environment-2||Union Budget-3||President||Magnetism, Electricity & Electronics||Dice-1||Revise April month|
|Day 29||10th Samacheer Kalvi Books Term-1||Governor-General of India-2||Major oceans||Social sector Problems-population, education||Vice President||Nutrition & dietetics||Dice-2||May 1st week + today current affairs|
|Day 30||Revolt 1857-1||Movements of Oceanic water||Social sector Problems-health, employment, poverty||Prime Minister||Human diseases including communicable & non-communicable||Percentage easy level||May 2nd week + today current affairs|
TNPSC Group 3 Main Topics to Cover
Candidates must be well known and informed about the main topics that ahs to be covered for the TNPSC Group 3 examination. The TNPSC Group 3 exam comprises the following subjects and the main topics that has to covered are such as:
- General Tamil
- General English
- General Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
- General Knowledge.
General Studies (Higher Secondary Standard)
- Physics: Nature of Universe ‐ General Scientific laws ‐ Inventions and discoveries ‐ National
scientific laboratories ‐ Mechanics and properties of matter ‐ Physical quantities, standards and
units ‐ Force, motion and energy ‐ Magnetism, electricity, and electronics ‐ Heat, light and sound
- Chemistry: Elements and Compounds ‐ Acids, bases, and salts ‐ Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides
- Botany: Main Concepts of life science ‐ Classification of a living organism ‐ Nutrition and dietetics – Respiration
- Zoology: Blood and blood circulation ‐ Reproductive system ‐ Environment, ecology, health and hygiene ‐ Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases, prevention and remedies ‐ Animals, plants, and human life.
- Current Events:
History- Latest diary of events‐national ‐ National symbols ‐ Profile of States ‐ Eminent persons and places in the news ‐ Sports & games ‐ Books & authors ‐ Awards and honors’ ‐ India and its neighbors.
Political Science– Problems in conduct of public elections ‐ Political parties and political system in India ‐ Public awareness & General administration ‐ Welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility
Geography- Geographical landmarks in news
Economics- Current socio‐economic problems
Science- Latest inventions on science and technology
- Geography: Earth and Universe ‐ Solar system ‐ Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate ‐ Water resources ‐ rivers in India ‐ Soil, minerals and natural resources ‐ Forest and wildlife ‐ Agricultural pattern – Transport including surface transport and communication ‐ Social geography – population‐density and distribution ‐ Natural calamities‐Disaster Management.
- History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu: Indus valley civilization‐ Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas ‐ Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis ‐ South Indian history ‐ Culture and Heritage of Tamil people ‐ India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture ‐ Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom ‐ India‐as secular state ‐ Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu ‐ Political parties and populist schemes
- INDIAN POLITY: Constitution of India ‐ Preamble to the constitution ‐ Salient features of the constitution ‐ Union, state and territory ‐ Citizenship‐rights amend duties ‐ Fundamental rights ‐ Fundamental duties ‐ Human rights charter ‐ Union legislature – Parliament ‐ State executive ‐ State Legislature – assembly ‐ Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu ‐Judiciary in India – Rule of law/ Due process of law – Elections ‐ Official language and Schedule VIII ‐ Corruption in public life ‐ Anti‐corruption measures –CVC, Lok‐ Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG ‐Right to information ‐ Empowerment of women ‐ Consumer protection forms.
- INDIAN ECONOMY: Nature of Indian economy ‐ Five‐year plan models‐an an assessment ‐ Land reforms and agriculture ‐ Application of science in agriculture ‐ Industrial growth ‐ Rural welfare oriented programs ‐ Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty ‐ Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
- INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT: National renaissance ‐ Emergence of national
leaders ‐ Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore ‐ Different modes of agitations ‐ Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom
struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar, and others.
- APTITUDE and MENTAL ABILITY TESTS: Conversion of information to data ‐ collection, compilation, and presentation of data ‐ Tables, graphs, diagrams ‐ Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Simplification –Percentage ‐Highest Common Factor (HCF) ‐ Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐ Ratio and Proportion ‐Simple interest ‐ Compound interest ‐ Time and Work
- Logical Reasoning: Puzzles ‐ Visual Reasoning ‐ Number Series
General English (S.S.L.C. Standard)
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object, etc)
- Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Reading Comprehension
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+ Verb, Gerund+ Noun)
TNPSC Group 3 Syllabus: English Literature
- Figures of speech observed in the following Poems: Alliteration – Allusion – Simile – Metaphor – Personification – Oxymoron –Onomatopoeia – Anaphora – Ellipsis – Rhyme Scheme – Rhyming Words – Repetition – Apostrophe, A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words –
Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry: A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your – Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
- Important lines from Poems: Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116
- Questions on the Biography of Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala – Dr.Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
- Questions on Shakespeare’s: Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s: The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant
- Dr.Karl Paulnack: Music-The Hope Raiser
- Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays: Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to Success- Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India 2020’) – Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ – Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that.
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places: Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple
- British English – American English
- Authors and their Literary Works: Match the Poems with the Poets- A psalm of Life – Be the Best – The cry of the children – The Piano – Manliness Going for water – Earth -The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – The Flying Wonder -Is Life But a Dream – Be the Best – O captain My Captain – Snake – Punishment in Kindergarten -Where the Mind is Without fear – The Man He Killed – Nine Gold Medals
- Which Nationality does the story belong to?: The Selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window
- Identify the Author with the short story: The Selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window – A Man who Had no Eyes – The Tears of the Desert – Sam The Piano – The face of Judas Iscariot – Swept Away – A close encounter – Caught Sneezing – The Wooden Bowl – Swami and the sum
- Whose Autobiography / Biography is this
- Which Nationality does Poet belong to?: Robert Frost – Archibald Lampman – D.H. Lawrence – Rudyard Kipling, Kamala Das – Elizabeth Barrett Browning – Famida Y. Basheer – Thomas Hardy – Khalil Gibran – Edgar A. Guest – Ralph Waldo Emerson – Jack Prelutsky – F. Joanna – Stephen Vincent Benet – William Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Long Fellow – Annie Louisa Walker – Walt Whitman – V.K. Gokak
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors: Sahitya Akademi Award winner: Thakazhi Sivasankaran Pillai – ‘Farmer’, Kamala Das – 1. Punishment in Kindergarten 2. My Grandmother’s House, R.K. Narayan – Swami and the sum – Rabindranath Tagore – Where the mind is without fear, Dhan Gopal Mukherji – Kari, The Elephant, Deepa Agarwal – After the Storm, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam – Vision for the Nation, Indra Anantha Krishna- The Neem Tree, Lakshmi Mukuntan- The Ant Eater and the Dassie, Dr Neeraja Raghavan – The Sun Beam
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from Julius Caesar – The Merchant of Venice
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with the suitable option
- Match the Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/ Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title: The Selfish Giant – How the camel got its hump – The Lottery ticket – The Last Leaf – Two friends – Refugee – Open window – Reflowering – The Necklace Holiday
- About the Poets: Rabindranath Tagore – Henry Wordsworth Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker -V K Gokak – Walt Whitman – Douglas Malloch
- About the Dramatists: William Shakespeare – Thomas Hardy
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur: Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a friend – To cook and Eat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – The Apology – The Flying Wonder
- Authors and books: Rabindranath Tagore – Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker – Oscar Wilde – Pearl S. Buck
- Theme observed in the Literary works: Snake – The Mark of Vishnu – Greedy Govind – Our Local TeamWhere the mind is without fear – Keep your spirits high – Be the best – Bat – The Piano – The Model Millionaire – The Cry of the Children – Migrant bird – Shilpi
- Famous Quotes
- Period the Poets belong: William Shakespeare – Walt Whitman – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow Annie Louisa Walker – D.H. Lawrence
- Matching the Poets and Poems: Discovery – Biking – Inclusion – Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a Friend – To cook and Eat – Bat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – Earth – The Apology – The Flying Wonder – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Be the best – Is life, but a dream – Women’s rights – The Nation united – English words – Snake – The man he killed
- Nature centred Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation: Flying with the moon on their wings – Migrant bird – Will Thirst Become – Unquenchable? – Going for Water – Swept away – Gaia tells her
TNPSC Group 3 Mock Test 2022
TNPSC Group 3 examination is one of the most participated and anticipated examinations that is about to happen in the year 2022. Candidates from various parts of the country appear for this examination. It is very important that the candidates who are preparing for the examination to make the exam preparation strategic to ensure good marks in the examination. Attempting the maximum number of mock tests can help the candidates to have a good experience in the examination. Attempting the mock tests will give the candidates insights regarding the type of questions asked, the main topics from which the questions are asked, the difficulty level of the questions that can be anticipated, and the repeatedly asked questions. The given below are the TNPSC Group 3 mock test free that the candidates can use as part of their exam preparation.
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) test 3||Click Here|
|General English (SSLC Standard) Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General English (SSLC Standard) Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General English Mock test 1||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 1||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 2||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 3||Click Here|
TNPSC Group 3 Previous Year Question Papers
Given below are certain benefits of practicing from TNPSC Group 3 previous question papers for the TNPSC Group 3 examination 2022.
- Practicing previous year’s questions can help the candidates have a clear understanding of the exam pattern.
- Also, candidates will learn how to manage time by allocating an ample amount of time to all questions
- Helps candidates figure out important topics and also unimportant topics too
- Practicing previous questions also helps candidates figure out TNPSC Group 3 syllabus
- Helps the candidate form an idea regarding the marking scheme
- You will be able to find out the subjects you are weak in and you are good at. So that candidates can work on their weak subjects more.
In order to help the candidates prepare well for the TNPSC Group 3 exam 2022 we are providing the direct links to download TNPSC Group 3 previous questions pdf.
|Sl No.||Name of the Section||Question paper pdf|
|1||TNPSC Group 3 exam 2015, General tamil||Click here|
|2||TNPSC Group 3 exam 2015, General English||Click here|
|3||TNPSC Group 3 exam 2015, General studies||Click here|
TNPSC Group 3 Exam Strategy And Preparation Plan
- Candidates can score well in the general studies section if they follow the current affairs regularly.
- Candidates should also regularly attempt mock tests. Attempting mock tests is very crucial. This can help the candidates assess their level of preparation
- Practice as many previous questions as possible
- Read and practice from authentic study materials
- Manage your time of attempting the exams by solving previous year question papers
- During the process of the interview, you should carry attested copies of the required documents.
- The candidate should be confident enough to handle the hardest situation when going for the interview.
- Refer to Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 3 exam books and practice all questions from them.
- Spend at least 3 hours from your daily schedule to prepare for the group 3 exam by the TNPSC.
- Seek help from the entri app and learn the entire syllabus for TNPSC Group 3 exam 2022
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|TNPSC Group 3 Exam Information Links|
|TNPSC Group 3 Notification||TNPSC Group 3 Mock Test|
|TNPSC Group 3 Syllabus||TNPSC Group 3 Video Course|
|TNPSC Group 3 Exam date||TNPSC Group 3 Study Materials|
|TNPSC Group 3 Application Form||TNPSC Group 3 Interview Questions|
|TNPSC Group 3 Vacancy||TNPSC Group 3 Job Profile|
|TNPSC Group 3 Admit Card||TNPSC Group 3 Salary|
|TNPSC Group 3 Answer key||TNPSC Group 3 Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|TNPSC Group 3 Previous Question Papers||TNPSC Group 3 Result|
|TNPSC Group 3 Best Books||TNPSC Group 3 Cutoff|
|TNPSC Group 3 Eligibility Criteria||TNPSC Group 3 Exam Analysis|
|TNPSC Group 3 Selection Process|