Table of Contents
The official notification to recruit candidates for Group 3 posts under the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is all set to release through the official website. TNPSC Group 3 recruitment occurs every year. The selection stages in this examination include written examination and interview. This recruitment is considered to be a good fortune for candidates wanting to work in the Tamil Nadu government service sector. Hence the examination is also highly competitive in nature. Let us decode some basic strategies to crack this exam. TNPSC Group 3 study material or good quality study material is very important for aspirants to clear this exam. In this article we will discuss TNPSC Group 3 exam tips, TNPSC Group 3 exam strategy and TNPSC Group 3 study materials 2022. Candidates who are preparing for the TNPSC Group 3 examination can go through the complete article to get an idea regrading the TNPSC Group 3 Study material 2022.
TNPSC Group 3 Study Material 2022
The selection criteria to recruit candidates for group 3 posts under the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission includes a written exam and interview process. Hence it is of utmost importance that candidates score well for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 3 exam. The age limit of the candidates wishing to appear for this recruitment is 18 years and 30 years. Relaxation in age is applicable for candidates based on the norms passed by the commission. The vacancy details will soon be released by the officials on their web portal.
A brief description of the examination has been stated above. Now we can discuss our core topic which is TNPSC Group 3 Study material 2022.
- The first thing crossing over, hearing the name study materials is Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 3 books 2022. Candidates should be extra cautious to get their hands on the best preparation books possible for the TNPSC Group 3 Exam 2022.
- Although all study materials are equally important, the second point to be remembered while preparing for TNPSC Group 3 exam 2021 is that candidates must have complete knowledge regarding the examination pattern and syllabus.
- Previous year-solved question papers are also very important. Candidates should refer to the previous year’s questions and curate their preparation accordingly.
- We can synopsize the above-mentioned points by stating that to successfully clear the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 3 exam 2022 candidates should be very well versed with respect to the examination syllabus and have an depth understanding of the examination pattern. Learn from the best books and practice as many previous questions as possible.
TNPSC Group 3 Exam Books 2022
- It’s mandatory for aspirants to prepare for the group 3 exam which the Tamil Nadu Public service commission conducts with the updated and best book
- Three different sections for which questions are asked for the above mentioned exam is from general studies, aptitude and mental ability and general tamil/ english
- Best books available in the market for candidates to prepare are stated below
- For general studies manual for TNPSC exam written by M Karthikeyan and publisher of the book is Mc graw Hill India
- TNPSC Group 3 main exam paper 2 book by VVK Suburaj and Tamizh elakkiya thagaval kalanjiyam by Nandani pathippagam publishers for all subjects
TNPSC Group 3 Video Classes
TNPSC examination is witnessing a great participation from candidates from various parts of the state every year. So it is very important that the candidates who are appearing for the TNPSC examination to follow a great preparation strategy and preparation procedure for the examination. It is possible that the candidates can attend video classes for the examination. Entri provides video classes for the TNPSC Group 3 examination through the Entri application. Also the candidates can also attend the Entri video classes from expert mentors covering all the necessary topics and concepts for the recruitment examination.
TNPSC Group 3 Mock Test 2022
TNPSC Group 3 examination is one of the most participated and anticipated examinations that is about to happen in the year 2022. Candidates from various parts of the country appear for this examination. It is very important that the candidates who are preparing for the examination to make the exam preparation strategic to ensure good marks in the examination. Attempting the maximum number of mock tests can help the candidates to have a good experience in the examination. Attempting the mock tests will give the candidates insights regarding the type of questions asked, the main topics from which the questions are asked, the difficulty level of the questions that can be anticipated, and the repeatedly asked questions. The given below are the TNPSC Group 3 mock test free that the candidates can use as part of their exam preparation.
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) test 3||Click Here|
|General English (SSLC Standard) Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General English (SSLC Standard) Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General English Mock test 1||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 1||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 2||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 3||Click Here|
TNPSC Group 3 Previous year Question Paper
Candidates who are preparing for the TNPSC Group 3 examination can now download the previous year question papers from the links that are given below and make their preparation more result oriented and strategic.
|Sl No.||Name of the Section||Question paper pdf|
|1||TNPSC Group 3 exam 2015, General tamil||Click here|
|2||TNPSC Group 3 exam 2015, General English||Click here|
|3||TNPSC Group 3 exam 2015, General studies||Click here|
TNPSC Group 3 Exam Tips and Strategies
For successfully scoring well in the group 3 exam coming under the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission candidates must prepare a feasible study plan depending on an individual schedule. However, if you keep in mind the points stated below you can score exceptionally well
- Preparing a suitable timetable which you have to follow strictly
- Studying for at least 3 hours every day
- Topic-wise or subject wise mode of studying and covering all the topics
- Be updated with the current affairs
- Allocate a good amount of time for revision. Cover all the topics very well before the time you are planning to allocate for revision
- Take enough breaks in between to recharge yourself so that you can learn better
TNPSC Group 3 Study Plan 2022
The given below is a study plan that the candidates can follow as part of their TNPSC Group 3 examination 2022.
|Aptitude and mental ability||
TNPSC Group 3 Exam Syllabus 2022
The written examination syllabus for the TNPSC Group 3 and Group 3A services:
General Studies (Higher Secondary Standard)
- Physics: Nature of Universe ‐ General Scientific laws ‐ Inventions and discoveries ‐ National
scientific laboratories ‐ Mechanics and properties of matter ‐ Physical quantities, standards and
units ‐ Force, motion and energy ‐ Magnetism, electricity, and electronics ‐ Heat, light and sound
- Chemistry: Elements and Compounds ‐ Acids, bases, and salts ‐ Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides
- Botany: Main Concepts of life science ‐ Classification of a living organism ‐ Nutrition and dietetics – Respiration
- Zoology: Blood and blood circulation ‐ Reproductive system ‐ Environment, ecology, health and hygiene ‐ Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases, prevention and remedies ‐ Animals, plants, and human life.
- Current Events:
History- Latest diary of events‐national ‐ National symbols ‐ Profile of States ‐ Eminent persons and places in the news ‐ Sports & games ‐ Books & authors ‐ Awards and honors’ ‐ India and its neighbors.
Political Science– Problems in conduct of public elections ‐ Political parties and political system in India ‐ Public awareness & General administration ‐ Welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility
Geography- Geographical landmarks in news
Economics- Current socio‐economic problems
Science- Latest inventions on science and technology
- Geography: Earth and Universe ‐ Solar system ‐ Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate ‐ Water resources ‐ rivers in India ‐ Soil, minerals and natural resources ‐ Forest and wildlife ‐ Agricultural pattern – Transport including surface transport and communication ‐ Social geography – population‐density and distribution ‐ Natural calamities‐Disaster Management.
- History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu: Indus valley civilization‐ Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas ‐ Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis ‐ South Indian history ‐ Culture and Heritage of Tamil people ‐ India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture ‐ Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom ‐ India‐as secular state ‐ Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu ‐ Political parties and populist schemes
- INDIAN POLITY: Constitution of India ‐ Preamble to the constitution ‐ Salient features of the constitution ‐ Union, state and territory ‐ Citizenship‐rights amend duties ‐ Fundamental rights ‐ Fundamental duties ‐ Human rights charter ‐ Union legislature – Parliament ‐ State executive ‐ State Legislature – assembly ‐ Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu ‐Judiciary in India – Rule of law/ Due process of law – Elections ‐ Official language and Schedule VIII ‐ Corruption in public life ‐ Anti‐corruption measures –CVC, Lok‐ Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG ‐Right to information ‐ Empowerment of women ‐ Consumer protection forms.
- INDIAN ECONOMY: Nature of Indian economy ‐ Five‐year plan models‐an an assessment ‐ Land reforms and agriculture ‐ Application of science in agriculture ‐ Industrial growth ‐ Rural welfare oriented programs ‐ Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty ‐ Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
- INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT: National renaissance ‐ Emergence of national
leaders ‐ Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore ‐ Different modes of agitations ‐ Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom
struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar, and others.
- APTITUDE and MENTAL ABILITY TESTS: Conversion of information to data ‐ collection, compilation, and presentation of data ‐ Tables, graphs, diagrams ‐ Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Simplification –Percentage ‐Highest Common Factor (HCF) ‐ Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐ Ratio and Proportion ‐Simple interest ‐ Compound interest ‐ Time and Work
- Logical Reasoning: Puzzles ‐ Visual Reasoning ‐ Number Series
General English (S.S.L.C. Standard)
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object, etc)
- Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Reading Comprehension
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+ Verb, Gerund+ Noun)
TNPSC Group 3 Syllabus: English Literature
- Figures of speech observed in the following Poems: Alliteration – Allusion – Simile – Metaphor – Personification – Oxymoron –Onomatopoeia – Anaphora – Ellipsis – Rhyme Scheme – Rhyming Words – Repetition – Apostrophe, A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words –
Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry: A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your – Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
- Important lines from Poems: Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116
- Questions on the Biography of Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala – Dr.Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
- Questions on Shakespeare’s: Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s: The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant
- Dr.Karl Paulnack: Music-The Hope Raiser
- Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays: Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to Success- Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India 2020’) – Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ – Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that.
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places: Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple
- British English – American English
- Authors and their Literary Works: Match the Poems with the Poets- A psalm of Life – Be the Best – The cry of the children – The Piano – Manliness Going for water – Earth -The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – The Flying Wonder -Is Life But a Dream – Be the Best – O captain My Captain – Snake – Punishment in Kindergarten -Where the Mind is Without fear – The Man He Killed – Nine Gold Medals
- Which Nationality does the story belong to?: The Selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window
- Identify the Author with the short story: The Selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window – A Man who Had no Eyes – The Tears of the Desert – Sam The Piano – The face of Judas Iscariot – Swept Away – A close encounter – Caught Sneezing – The Wooden Bowl – Swami and the sum
- Whose Autobiography / Biography is this
- Which Nationality does Poet belong to?: Robert Frost – Archibald Lampman – D.H. Lawrence – Rudyard Kipling, Kamala Das – Elizabeth Barrett Browning – Famida Y. Basheer – Thomas Hardy – Khalil Gibran – Edgar A. Guest – Ralph Waldo Emerson – Jack Prelutsky – F. Joanna – Stephen Vincent Benet – William Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Long Fellow – Annie Louisa Walker – Walt Whitman – V.K. Gokak
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors: Sahitya Akademi Award winner: Thakazhi Sivasankaran Pillai – ‘Farmer’, Kamala Das – 1. Punishment in Kindergarten 2. My Grandmother’s House, R.K. Narayan – Swami and the sum – Rabindranath Tagore – Where the mind is without fear, Dhan Gopal Mukherji – Kari, The Elephant, Deepa Agarwal – After the Storm, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam – Vision for the Nation, Indra Anantha Krishna- The Neem Tree, Lakshmi Mukuntan- The Ant Eater and the Dassie, Dr Neeraja Raghavan – The Sun Beam
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from Julius Caesar – The Merchant of Venice
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with the suitable option
- Match the Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/ Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title: The Selfish Giant – How the camel got its hump – The Lottery ticket – The Last Leaf – Two friends – Refugee – Open window – Reflowering – The Necklace Holiday
- About the Poets: Rabindranath Tagore – Henry Wordsworth Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker -V K Gokak – Walt Whitman – Douglas Malloch
- About the Dramatists: William Shakespeare – Thomas Hardy
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur: Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a friend – To cook and Eat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – The Apology – The Flying Wonder
- Authors and books: Rabindranath Tagore – Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker – Oscar Wilde – Pearl S. Buck
- Theme observed in the Literary works: Snake – The Mark of Vishnu – Greedy Govind – Our Local TeamWhere the mind is without fear – Keep your spirits high – Be the best – Bat – The Piano – The Model Millionaire – The Cry of the Children – Migrant bird – Shilpi
- Famous Quotes
- Period the Poets belong: William Shakespeare – Walt Whitman – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow Annie Louisa Walker – D.H. Lawrence
- Matching the Poets and Poems: Discovery – Biking – Inclusion – Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a Friend – To cook and Eat – Bat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – Earth – The Apology – The Flying Wonder – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Be the best – Is life, but a dream – Women’s rights – The Nation united – English words – Snake – The man he killed
- Nature centred Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation: Flying with the moon on their wings – Migrant bird – Will Thirst Become – Unquenchable? – Going for Water – Swept away – Gaia tells her
TNPSC Group 3 Exam Pattern
- The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts the examination for group posts on an annual basis
- The exam is objective-based one
- The maximum marks candidate can score is 300
- Time limit provided by authorities for attempting the test is 3 hours
- This year’s recruitment pattern is not official yet. However we are bringing to you previous year’s TNPSC Group 3 exam pattern
- Candidates can go through the table attached below to acquire more knowledge regarding the pattern of examination
- We are aware that group 3 posts has two divisions group 3 and 3A services
- Station fire officer belongs to group 3 service, and selection for this post includes written test, physical efficiency test and interview
- Rest all posts falls under group 3A services amongst which Store keeper in training and employment department has only written test as selection criteria
- Assistant supervisor industrial cooperative societies also has only written test to select candidates
|Subject||Number of questions|
|Aptitude/ Mental ability||25|
|General english/ Tamil||100|
The Tamil Nadu Public service commission group 3 and 3 A services exam can take place anytime soon. We have provided this article to help you with TNPSC group 3 exam preparation. Collect as many TNPSC group 3 books as possible to ace your preparation. Stay tuned with entri for all updates and attempt various mock tests. All the best for your exam preparations from Entri!
|TNPSC Group 3 Exam Information Links|
|TNPSC Group 3 Notification||TNPSC Group 3 Mock Test|
|TNPSC Group 3 Syllabus||TNPSC Group 3 Video Course|
|TNPSC Group 3 Exam date||TNPSC Group 3 Answer key|
|TNPSC Group 3 Application Form||TNPSC Group 3 Interview Questions|
|TNPSC Group 3 Vacancy||TNPSC Group 3 Job Profile|
|TNPSC Group 3 Admit Card||TNPSC Group 3 Salary|
|TNPSC Group 3 Study Plan||TNPSC Group 3 Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|TNPSC Group 3 Previous Question Papers||TNPSC Group 3 Result|
|TNPSC Group 3 Best Books||TNPSC Group 3 Cutoff|
|TNPSC Group 3 Eligibility Criteria||TNPSC Group 3 Exam Analysis|
|TNPSC Group 3 Selection Process|