Table of Contents
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the recruitment notice ADVT. NO : A-6/E-1/2021 for the post of Additional Private Secretary APS UP Secretariat. It’s a great opportunity for those aspiring for a government job. All information regarding the eligibility criteria laid down by UPPSC is given in this article. Read on to know all the criteria set by the Commission.
UPPSC APS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to apply for UPPSC Assistant Private Secretary post should be aware of the eligibility criteria put forth by the Commission. The Commission has set certain standards regarding age limit, educational qualifications and office management skills. UPPSC will only consider candidates who fulfill all the criteria put forward by them. The applications of all other candidates will be rejected. It should be noted that failure to meet any one of the criteria can also lead to the application getting rejected. Hence applicants are urged to go through the eligibility criteria in detail to avoid disqualification and rejection.
UPPSC APS 2022 Age Limit
According to UPPSC, applicants should have attained the age of 21 years but should not have crossed the age of 40 years as on 1 July 2022. The relaxation on upper age limit for reserved categories are as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC) of UP: 5 years
Scheduled Tribe (ST) of UP: 5 years
Other Backward Classes (OBC) of UP: 5 years
Skilled Players of UP: 5 years
State Government employees of UP: 5 years
Ex- servicemen: 5 years (provided they have completed 5 years in service)
Candidates will have to produce documents such as birth certificate or any other equivalent certificates as proof of age. The candidates belonging to reserved categories will have to submit caste documents.
UPPSC APS 2022 Educational Qualifications
According to the Uttar Pradesh Secretariat Personal Assistant Service Rules, the educational qualifications for those holding the post of Assistant Private Secretary are as follows:
- The candidate must have a Bachelors degree from a university established by law in India or a qualification recognized by the government as equivalent.
- The candidates must have a speed of minimum eighty (80) words per minute in Hindi shorthand and twenty five (25) words per minute in Hindi typewriting.
- The candidates should have knowledge of computer in accordance with the course prescribed for the certificate course in computing CCC conducted by DOEACC society OR the course conducted by the board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh OR a course recognized by the government as equivalent.
UPPSC APS 2022 Marital Status
UPPSC has certain regulations regarding the marital status of applicants. Male applicants who are married and have more than one wife (living) will not be considered. Similarly female candidates who have married someone who already has a wife will also not be considered.
Important Points Regarding Eligibility Criteria
- UPPSC has given the list of institutes that are recognized and not recognized by the Commission. Candidates have to go through the official notification to ensure that their institution falls under the recognized category.
- Candidates will have to enclose copies of marksheets and degree certificates which are self attested or attested by Gazetted officers.
- Candidates will have to produce documents such as birth certificate or any other equivalent certificates as proof of age.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories will have to submit caste documents.
- If any candidate is found to have forged any certificate, he/ she will be debarred from all selection of UPPSC forever and action will be taken against them for forgery.
UPPSC APS 2022 – How to Apply Online?
Once the candidates have ensured their eligibility for the post of APS, they can proceed to submit their applications online. This can done by visiting the careers section in the official website of UPPSC – uppsc.up.nic.in. Fill in all the required information, upload photo and other required documents, pay the application fee and submit the application form. It is a good practice to keep a print out of the application form for future reference.
Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.
Check out the following articles related to UPPSC APS Recruitment