Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has issued the official notification for the group 1 posts recently. The recruitment will be purely based on the three-step selection process. Around 134 vacancies are available in the TNPSC. The TNPSC exam will be conducted offline. The TNPSC exam is regarded as a highly prestigious exam conducted annually on a state-level basis. Those candidates who wish to apply for the TNPSC post should do it at the earliest. The selection will be based on the prelims, mains, and final interview. Best Books TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2022 In Tamil PDF can be checked from below. Those candidates who are selected after the prelims will only be selected for the mains exam. The prelims exam is regarded as the qualifying exam. The candidates who are shortlisted after the prelims can attend the mains exam. The then selected candidates can appear for the interview. Those candidates who can pass the interview will be immediately posted in the respective vacancies. As the number of candidates appearing for the exam is increasing annually, the competition will be tough. So, the selection of the best TNPSC Group 1 books in Tamil and the resources suitable for the preparation should be chosen with extra care and consideration.
Best Books For TNPSC Group 1 2022
Books play a vital role in preparing for any competitive exam. Those candidates who wish to crack the exam should select the most suitable books that can help the candidates at each stage of the exam preparation. The aspiring candidates should find it as a golden opportunity to attend the exam as the government job is offering lifetime security and a high salary for the employees. The right guidance is necessary for the candidates to move towards the target. TNPSC conducts an exam every year to select the ablest and interested candidates to fill the available vacancies. The candidates should thoroughly cover the syllabus. The candidates should choose the books that can cover the complete syllabus. There are many TNPSC Group 1 books available in the market for every competitive exam. But what is important is the choice of the best book to crack the exam with ease.
|Subject||Name of the Book||Author||Publication|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability||TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary General Studies, Aptitude, and Mental Ability||VVK Subbu raj||Sura College of Competition|
|–||A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal||S. Chand & Co.|
|–||Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal||S. Chand & Co.|
|General Science||Class 6th to Class 12th NCERT Science Books||NCERT Publication|
|–||Sama cheer Kalvin Science books for Class 6 to Class 12||Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation|
|Current Events||Newspapers like The Hindu||–||–|
|–||Tamil Current Affairs magazines like Pothook Arivu Ulagam||–||–|
|Geography||Sama cheer Kalvi books for Class 6 to Class 12||Multiple authors||Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation|
|–||Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT books||Multiple authors||NCERT Publications|
|History and Culture of India||Sama cheer Kalvi books for Class 6 to Class 12 (New Syllabus)||Multiple authors||Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation|
|India’s Struggle for Independence||Bipin Chandra||Penguin Random House India|
|Indian National Movement||Tamil Nadu State Board books for Class 11 and Class 12||Multiple authors||Tamil Nadu State Board|
|Indian Economy||Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India|
|–||State Board books for Class 11 and Class 12||Multiple authors||Tamil Nadu State Board|
|Indian Polity||Indian Polity||M. Lakshmikanthan||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India|
Topic Based Books For TNPSC Group 1 2022
Best Books for TNPSC Group 1 General Studies and Aptitude, General Awareness, Economy Science, History, Geography are given here. The syllabus for General Studies and Aptitude, General Awareness, Economy Science, History, Geography is vast. But it is easy to crack the exam if the candidates are ready to pay extra time and honest efforts. Given below are the list of best books for the upcoming TNPSC Group 1 Prelims and Mains exam 2021 for the subjects like General Science, Indian Polity Current Events, Geography, History, and Culture of India, Indian National Movements, Aptitude and Mental Ability, Indian Economy. These books are beneficial as it covers all the topics under consideration. These TNPSC Group 1 mains books also include the previous year’s question papers for the candidates to practice. The mock questions can be easily practised by reading and locating the important points from the book. The major’s concepts and events are described thoroughly, and a detailed explanation has been given for each section. Make sure to also check out TNPSC Group 1 syllabus and book PDF.
TNPSC Group 1 Best Books for Mains Paper I
The Mains exam for the TNPSC group 1 category will include three papers on subjects like Modern Indian History, Indian Culture, Social issues in the country, Tamil Nadu, environment, Aptitude, Indian economy. The main exam includes three papers, and the list of best books are given below. The main paper 1 covers the topics like Social Issues in India and Tamil Nadu and General Mental ability Modern History of India and Indian culture. The given below books can provide the best details and information’s about the status of the state, the history and geographical distribution of the country. Those who wish to cover up the entire syllabus within the limited time can depend upon the following books.
|Subject||Name of the Book||Author||Publication|
|Modern History of India and Indian Culture||History of Modern India||Bipin Chandra||Orient Black Swan Publications|
|Social Issues in India and Tamil Nadu||Tamisha Varela||Rd. J. Dharmaraja||Teensy Publication|
|General Mental Ability||Same books as the Prelims|
Top Books for TNPSC Group 1 Mains Paper 2
The TNPSC Group 1 mains paper 2 also includes three main subjects. They are Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India, and Tamil society- its culture and heritage the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India. These recommended books are descriptive. These books can be regarded as the best source to cover the entire syllabus.
|Subject||Name of the book||Author||Publication|
|Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India||Indian Polity||M. Lakshmikanthan||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India|
|State Board Political Science books of Class 11 and Class 12||Multiple authors||Tamil Nadu State Board|
|Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India||Developments in Science and Technology||Ishwar Singh||Spectrum Books Private Ltd.|
|Science and Technology Part- The Hindu||Multiple authors||The Hindu|
|Tamil Society ‐ Its Culture and Heritage||State Board Class 12 book||Multiple authors||Tamil Nadu State Board|
Books for TNPSC Group 1 Mains Paper 3
The TNPSC Mains exam paper includes the subjects like Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu, Indian economy-current economic trends, and impact of the global economy on India environment, Biodiversity, and disaster management. The following books are prescribed to make the preparation fruitful. These books can cover all the relevant topics under consideration. The previous questions are discussed in detail by the experts. These books can be regarded as reliable sources to study the thrust areas. The focus points are separately highlighted for the students.
|Subject||Name of the book||Author||Publication|
|Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu||Geography of India||Majid Husain||Spectrum Publications|
|Environment, Biodiversity and Disaster Management||Environment||Shankar IAS Academy||Shankar IAS Academy|
|NCERT Biology and Geography books of Classes 6 to 10||Multiple authors||NCERT|
|Indian Economy – Current economic trends and the impact of the global economy on India||Indian Economy for Civil Services Exam||Ramesh Singh||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India|
TNPSC Group 1 Interview Books
The candidates who crack the mains exam can directly move on to the next stage of the selection, namely, the interview. During the interview session, the candidates will be asked many questions from the current affairs sections. The candidates should learn more things about the recent incidents happening in India and the state of Tamil Nadu. The candidates should pay extra attention to this part. Here are some books that can help the candidates to crack the interview session.
|Name of the book||Author||Publication|
|Getting a Government Job: The Civil Service Handbook||Multiple authors||Peterson’s|
|Amazing Interview Questions||Richard Bacevich||Amazingjobskills|
|Interview and Group Discussions||Unknown||GKP|
TNPSC Group 1 Preparation Tips 2022
The last notification had only 66 vacancies notified against the 6 posts in various departments. So, the correct preparation plans for the TNPSC Group 1 only help to get into the final merit list. For this highly competitive preliminary examination, it is important to prepare smartly. How to start your studies? Usually, this is the question, that is in the mind of all aspirants. The first thought should be to understand the Exam – the frequency of the exam, a pattern followed selection procedures, exam patterns. Then, the candidate should make own planning and the preparation should end till the last phase of selection! After these basics, make study plans and follow these points described below.
- Completely understand the exam pattern for both Prelims and Mains. The mark distribution is very important to be kept in mind, plan your topics on the basis of marks! The portions with more marks should never be omitted!
- Now, make the appropriate study plans. It needs nearly 6 months to smoothly cover the Prelims topics for a beginner. And, nearly 3-4 mths for the Mains exam. The pattern of exam, as given above, an objective for Prelims and Descriptive for the Mains. So, it should be really focused to improve your writing skills too!!
- Next, phase after proper study plan setting comes the Study material selection. Always start from scratch. Don’t leave the textbooks you used in your school times. When it comes to the Combined Civil Services – state-wise/ UPSC – NCERT / SCERT books will be a basic companion for all aspirants. Collect the e-books or textbooks from classes 6-12 for all the subjects. Start preparations.
- Then, prepare short notes on the topics and this will be a revision tool too. Memorize the facts daily or in a fixed interval. Note the year, important static gk take-aways, personalities, awards, etc, in your short notes.
- Other, subject-wise best books list has been updated on our page. There are hundreds of publications available in the markets and browsing through them to find the right one is always a hurdle. For the preliminary examination, the best way to keep you ahead of the race is only possible by following the state government textbooks. The best resource for the applicants is the school textbooks. One should follow them as their sole bible for the basic science, geography, polity, and history topics.
- Subscribe to Entri for all the topics to be covered in Regional Languages, short tricks videos, samcheer lessons notes, daily challenges, rank booster questions including each subject.
- For the current affairs section, one has to follow any standard newspaper( like The Hindu) and try to give importance to the matters related to Tamil Nadu. Candidates can also refer to Entri App for the current affairs section to prepare for TNPSC Group 1.
- Assess your preparations, daily, weekly, monthly by practising mock tests. Avail of the full-length mock test series and also the sectional tests. Ranking will be available in the online platform of Entri, so candidates can get an idea of their performance. Improve by making necessary steps in the preparation strategy and plans.
- The previous question paper will be a good source for understanding the exam pattern followed by the commission in the past years. We recommend you to practice a previous paper right before, making a preparation plan, So that candidates will get an idea regarding the topics he/she is knowledgeable/ unconcerned about!
According to the updated syllabus, the TNPSC Group 1 exam will be conducted based on a three-staged selection process. The prelims exam will be the first step in the selection. Those candidates who qualify for the prelims exam will only be allowed to attend the mains exam. The final stage of selection is the interview. As the syllabus for the prelims and mains are the same, the candidates should be very careful while choosing the best books. The TNPSC Group 1 Prelims exam can be regarded as the qualifying test. The TNPSC Group 1 Prelims syllabus is vast yet cracked. Make sure you keep your hands on these topics and never miss these in your preparations. You can also prepare with the help of mock tests and previous year question papers as a last-minute preparation strategy. Use Entri App and try to take some free mock tests and sample questions. This will help you to score marks better than reading the whole book within a limited time. Use such smart ways of study and make sure to attend a crash course as a final revision. Grab your dream job! Don’t let the study materials be a limit to it.