Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has announced the exam dates for Group 1 Preliminary exam. The exam is scheduled to be held on 30th October, 2022. The Admit Card will be released a few days before the exam. Candidates are advised to check the official website regularly for updates regarding the exam. The TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary exam is a screening test. Candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage based on their performance in the Prelims but the marks obtained in Prelims will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
TNPSC Group 1 Important Exam Dates 2022
TNPSC has officially issued the exam dates for the upcoming TNPSC Group 1 preliminary exam 2022. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released the detailed notification on the official website at tnpsc.gov.in. TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary exam will be conducted from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM on 30th October, 2022.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2022
The TNPSC Group 1 exam is conducted on the same lines as the UPSC IAS Exam. TNPSC is a state-level exam that is held in offline mode and the question papers are set in English and Tamil languages. The Group 1 Exam consists of 3 rounds. Prelims consist of one objective paper of 300 marks. Mains consists of three descriptive papers of 750 marks total. The interview is conducted for 100 marks. The candidates must download the TNPSC Group 1 mains syllabus separately for preparation. TNPSC Group 1 syllabus in Tamil medium will also be available on the official website.
The prelims will be conducted for a total of 300 marks. Out of 300 marks, 200 questions will be objective type. The prelims exam is considered only as a qualifying exam. The marks obtained by the candidates can help them to move on to the next stage of the selection process. The prelims exam can qualify the candidates to attend the main exam. After the exam, the answer key will be issued. The candidates can cross-check the answers. The rank list will be published soon. The candidates who are appearing on the prelims rank list can only apply for the mains exam.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCS, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|General Studies General Studies (Degree Standard) 175 Questions Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) 25 Questions Total – 200 Questions||3 Hours||300||90||120|
Stage 2 will be the main exam. The TNPSC group 1 mains is scheduled to be conducted in July. Those candidates who wish for the governmental job should start the proration at the earliest. The candidates need to crack the three papers. Each paper carries 250 marks. As the competition is tight, the candidates should pay extra effort to crack the exam.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum qualifying marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s,STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|General Studies –Descriptive type (Degree Standard) Paper-I Paper-II Paper-III Interview & Records||3 hours each||250 250 250 for each paper and Interview: 100||255||350|
TNPSC Group 1 Vacancy 2022
As of now, the Group 1 notifications are yet to be released and the vacancy against each post is not available. Aspirants can bookmark this page or self subscribe to get the latest notification updates of Group 1 2022. For now, let us go through the vacancy notified against the TNPSC Group 1 2020 notification:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post and Post Code||Name of the Service and Code No. (001)||No. of Vacancies|
(Post Code: 1001)
|Tamil Nadu Civil Service||18|
|2.||Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I)
(Post Code: 1002)
|Tamil Nadu Police Service||26|
|3.||Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes) (Post Code: 1003)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service||25|
|4.||Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
(Post Code: 1004)
|Tamil Nadu Co-operative Service||13|
|5.||Assistant Director of Rural Development
(Post Code: 1006)
|Tamil Nadu Panchayat Development Service||7|
|6.||District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services)
(Post Code: 1008)
|Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services||3|
- The question paper will be set in both Tamil and English languages. The Syllabus for both the Preliminary Examination and Main Written Examination are available on the official websites of TNPSC. Applicants should ensure their eligibility for examination. They should go through all the instructions carefully and ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination before applying. The admission to any stage will not ensure the selection of the candidate. The eligibility criteria have to be strictly satisfied for selection.
- Hall Tickets for eligible applicants will be made available on the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net or www.tnpscexams.in so as to enable the applicants to download the same.
- Applicants should watch the Commission’s website before the scheduled date of examination to download their hall tickets. The Admit card will not be sent by post at any cost.
- Candidates can contact the commission’s toll-free number on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m regarding any clarification or information if required.
- Individual communication regarding the date and time of any examination will not be sent to the applicants by post.
- All the details will be made available on the official website.
- Applicants will be also intimidated via SMS and e-mail but commission is not responsible for non-delivery of SMS / e-mail due to any reasons.
- Mobile phones and other electronic articles are banned and are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Unless specific instruction is given, applicants are not required to submit along with their application any certificates which should be uploaded when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination, Certificate Verification, and Oral Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Candidates caught copying from the papers of any other applicant or permit his/her papers to be copied or give or attempt to give or obtain or attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description will be rejected.
- Any such misconduct in the exam hall will be severely viewed and penalized.
ENTRI app is an online learning platform that provides lot of different study materials and video classes for the people who are planning to crack various entrance examinations. You can check out the various numbers of video classes available on our platform and then you will be able to crack the entrance examinations of your preference in the first try. Enroll now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the dates for TNPSC Group 1 main exam be announced?
The dates for the mains will be announced after the declaration of the results of preliminary exam.
What are the posts under TNPSC Group 1?
TNPSC Group 1 posts are mainly non technical posts. Some of them are:
- Deputy Collector (Civil Services)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category 1)
- Commercial Tax Officer ( Commercial Tax Services)
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies (Co-operative Service)
- District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
Is TNPSC Group 1 examination conducted every year?
The exam will be conducted only when there are vacancies for the posts. It need not necessarily be conducted annually.
Can candidates choose the exam center for the Prelims?
Candidates have the option of choosing two exam centers from the 38 available centers while applying for the exam. They will be allotted one of their option.