Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is yet to announce the 2021 notification for the prestigious Group 1 Services. Earlier the notification Group 1 2020 was released in January 2020, but the Mains exam is yet to be conducted! The mains exam was postponed due to the pandemic and the revised dates are yet to be notified. Meanwhile, aspirants shortlisted and applied for Group 1 Mains 2021 and also those awaiting for the Group 1 Services 2021-22 notifications, can gear their preparations. In this article get the basic idea of TNPSC Group 1 Preparation Plan, Tips and Strategies. Given below, we are sharing the TNPSC Group 1 preparation plan, tTNPSC Group 1 preparation materials, TNPSC Group 1 preparation tips and much more.
TNPSC Group 1 Topics to Cover 2022
Paper I- The candidates should know the important areas and focus points for the upcoming mains exam 2022. Make sure to also download TNPSC Group 1 preparation books and take into consideration the TNPSC Group 1 preparation strategy.
- The modern history of India and Indian culture
- Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu
- General Aptitude and Mental ability Test
- Tamil Society, its culture and heritage
- English language skills
- Indian polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India.
- Geography of India
- Administration of Union and states with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Current events of National importance
- Current events of international importance
- Socio-economic problems of India and Tamil Nadu
- The impact of the global economy on India
- Current economic trends: the Indian economy
TNPSC Group 1 Relevant Study Material 2022
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is annually conducting selection exams to recruit the most eligible and abled candidates for Group 1 posts. The candidates who are interested in the post can apply online. The online portal is now open for applying. The TNPSC group 1 exam is conducted for selecting candidates for about 134 vacancies in the following departments namely, Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Assistant Commissioner, District Employment Officer, District Officer, Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies, District Registrar, Assistant Director of Rural Development. The recruitment will be based on the three-tier selection process. The selection process includes the prelims exam, mains, and interview. Those candidates who are qualifying for the prelims can only attend the mains exam. The candidates who pass the mains can only attend the last and final stage of the recruitment process, namely, the interview. Given below are some important study materials.
- Modern Times: India 1880s-1950s (Environment, Economy, Culture)
- A Concise History of Modern India
- History of modern India
- A History of Modern India
- Certificate Physics And Human Geography; Indian Edition
- Researching Geography: The Indian context
- Indian Polity
- Indian Constitution & Indian Polity For Civil Service Preliminary & Main Examinations
- Objective Indian Polity
TNPSC Group 1 Books 2022
As this government post in offering life security and high salary the number of candidates applying for the post is increasing year by year. The candidates should expect a tight competition. To crack the exam easily, the candidates need to find the best study materials and books for the preparation. The study materials play a very crucial role in making the preparation fruitful. Numerous study materials are available in the market nowadays, selecting the best materials to study is the decision of the candidates. Choose the best and be the best! The candidates should be very careful while selecting the study materials for the preparation. The syllabus for the prelims is different from the main. Now, the candidates can find the most helpful study materials for the exam here.
|General Science||Class 6th to Class 12th NCERT Science Books||–||–|
|Sama cheer Kalvin Science books for Class 6 to Class 12||NCERT Publication||–|
|Current Events||Newspapers like The Hindu||Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation||–|
|Tamil Current Affairs magazines like Pothook Arrive Ulagam||–||–|
|Geography||Sama cheer Kalvi books for Class 6 to Class 12||–||Multiple authors|
|Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT books||Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation||Multiple authors|
|History and Culture of India||Sama cheer Kalvi books for Class 6 to Class 12 (New Syllabus)||NCERT Publications||Multiple authors|
|India’s Struggle for Independence||Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation||Bipin Chandra|
|Indian National Movement||Tamil Nadu State Board books for Class 11 and Class 12||Penguin Random House India||Multiple authors|
|Indian Economy||Indian Economy||Tamil Nadu State Board||Ramesh Singh|
|State Board books for Class 11 and Class 12||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India||Multiple authors|
|Indian Polity||Indian Polity||Tamil Nadu State Board||M. Lakshmikanthan|
|Subject||Name of the Book||Publication||Author|
|Modern History of India and Indian Culture||History of Modern India||Orient Black Swan Publications||Bipin Chandra|
|Social Issues in India and Tamil Nadu||Tamisha Varela||Teensy Publication||Rd. J. Dharmaraja|
|General Mental Ability||Same books as the Prelims||–||–|
|Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India||Indian Polity||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India||M. Lakshmikanthan|
|State Board Political Science books of Class 11 and Class 12||Tamil Nadu State Board||Multiple authors|
|Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India||Developments in Science and Technology||Spectrum Books Private Ltd.||Ishwar Singh|
|Science and Technology Part- The Hindu||The Hindu||Multiple authors|
|Tamil Society ‐ Its Culture and Heritage||State Board Class 12 book||Tamil Nadu State Board||Multiple authors|
|Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu||Geography of India||Spectrum Publications||Majid Husain|
|Environment, Biodiversity and Disaster Management||Environment||Shankar IAS Academy||Shankar IAS Academy|
|NCERT Biology and Geography books of Classes 6 to 10||NCERT||Multiple authors|
|Indian Economy – Current economic trends and the impact of the global economy on India||Indian Economy for Civil Services Exam||Tata McGraw-Hill Education India||Ramesh Singh|
TNPSC Group 1 Video Classes 2022
Video lessons will help the candidates to understand each and every concept included inside this entrance examination presented by the concerned authorities of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and there are various video lessons available for the aspirants through our platform. Entri is a learning platform that comes out with various video lessons especially for the people who are wanting to crack the TNPSC group 1 services entrance examinations and these video lessons will be available free of cost. You can check out the video lessons today and start your preparation for the prestigious entrance examination presented by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
TNPSC Group 1 Tips and Tricks 2022
- Attend the mock tests and online test series.
- Make sure to have a perfect TNPSC Group 1 Exam Strategy
- Read newspaper daily.
- Solve the sample questions for obtaining more marks in the general knowledge section.
- For scoring more marks in the General Knowledge section, the candidates are advised to read and learn the Indian Yearbook by the Government of India and Arihant’s Yearbook 2019.
- Get the instructions from experts.
- Prepare based on a working timetable.
- Allot more time for the weaker areas.
- Give more importance to the thrust areas.
- Learn time management.
- In addition to this, the candidates should prepare honestly with confidence and willpower.
- Read the best books for TNPSC Group 1 and start preparing now!
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Strategies 2022
The last notification had only 66 vacancies notified against the 6 posts in various departments. So, the correct preparation plans for the TNPSC Group 1 only help to get into the final merit list. For this highly competitive preliminary examination, it is important to prepare smartly. How to start your studies? Usually, this is the question, that is in the mind of all aspirants. The first thought should be to understand the Exam – the frequency of the exam, a pattern followed selection procedures, exam patterns. Then, the candidate should make own planning and the preparation should end till the last phase of selection! After these basics, make study plans and follow these points described below.
- Completely understand the exam pattern for both Prelims and Mains. The mark distribution is very important to be kept in mind, plan your topics on the basis of marks! The portions with more marks should never be omitted!
- Now, make the appropriate study plans. It needs nearly 6 months to smoothly cover the Prelims topics for a beginner. And, nearly 3-4 mths for the Mains exam. The pattern of exam, as given above, an objective for Prelims and Descriptive for the Mains. So, it should be really focused to improve your writing skills too!!
- Next, phase after proper study plan setting comes the Study material selection. Always start from scratch. Don’t leave the textbooks you used in your school times. When it comes to the Combined Civil Services – state-wise/ UPSC – NCERT / SCERT books will be a basic companion for all aspirants. Collect the e-books or textbooks from classes 6-12 for all the subjects. Start preparations.
- Then, prepare short notes on the topics and this will be a revision tool too. Memorize the facts daily or in a fixed interval. Note the year, important static gk take-aways, personalities, awards, etc, in your short notes.
- Other, subject-wise best books list has been updated on our page. There are hundreds of publications available in the markets and browsing through them to find the right one is always a hurdle. For the preliminary examination, the best way to keep you ahead of the race is only possible by following the state government textbooks. The best resource for the applicants is the school textbooks. One should follow them as their sole bible for the basic science, geography, polity, and history topics.
- Subscribe to Entri for all the topics to be covered in Regional Languages, short tricks videos, samcheer lessons notes, daily challenges, rank booster questions including each subject.
- For the current affairs section, one has to follow any standard newspaper( like The Hindu) and try to give importance to the matters related to Tamil Nadu. Candidates can also refer to Entri App for the current affairs section to prepare for TNPSC Group 1.
- Assess your preparations, daily, weekly, monthly by practising mock tests. Avail of the full-length mock test series and also the sectional tests. Ranking will be available in the online platform of Entri, so candidates can get an idea of their performance. Improve by making necessary steps in the preparation strategy and plans.
- The previous question paper will be a good source for understanding the exam pattern followed by the commission in the past years. We recommend you to practice a previous paper right before, making a preparation plan, So that candidates will get an idea regarding the topics he/she is knowledgeable/ unconcerned about!
TNPSC Group 1 Mock Tests 2022
Mock test is a great way to prepare for the entrance examination of different types and also the mock tests are prepared taking into consideration the important topics included in the entrance examination. You can check out the various mock tests available on our platform and these mock tests will help you to prepare for the entrance examination of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Given below, we are sharing some of the most important specifications related to the mock tests available for this entrance examination.
TNPSC Group 1 2022 Previous Question Papers
When you are preparing for the exams with the above-given books, make sure you don’t waste time by reading the whole material. Reading the whole text will not be proper from an exam point of view. Pick out the relevant topics and contents from the contents page. Locate the area to be focused. Highlight the important areas to read and points to be remembered. Make a note for yourself from the text. Given below, we are sharing the important specifications of TNPSC Group 1 2022 Previous Question Papers. TNPSC Group 1 question paper 2022 will be available through the official website created by the organisation. TNPSC Group 1 previous year question paper can also be downloaded from the same website.
Prelims Previous Paper PDFs
- 2021 – Preliminary GS
- 2019 – Prelims
- 2017 – Prelims
- 2015 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Question paper
- 2014 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Question paper
Mains Previous Papers PDFs
- 2019 – Paper I – General Studies
- 2019 – Paper-II – General Studies
- 2019 – Paper III – General Studies
- 2011 – Paper I – General Studies
- 2011 – Paper-II – General Studies
- General Studies & Tamil
TNPSC Group 1 2022 Model Question Papers
TNPSC model question paper Group 1 will be a great way to prepare for the entrance examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and these model question papers can be downloaded from the official website of our platform. TNPSC Group 1 main question paper must be downloaded by all of the candidates who will be promoted to give the main examination. TNPSC Group 1 previous year question papers with answers in Tamil PDF can be downloaded from the link given below. TNPSC Group 1 prelim question paper and main question people must be downloaded separately. Check out the official links given below.
TNPSC Group 1 2022 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 1 exam is conducted on the same lines as the UPSC IAS Exam. TNPSC is a state-level exam that is held in offline mode and the question papers are set in English and Tamil languages. The Group 1 Exam consists of 3 rounds. Prelims consist of one objective paper of 300 marks. Mains consists of three descriptive papers of 750 marks total. The interview is conducted for 100 marks.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCS, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|General Studies General Studies (Degree Standard) 175 Questions Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) 25 Questions Total – 200 Questions||3 Hours||300||90||120|
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum qualifying marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s,STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|General Studies –Descriptive type (Degree Standard) Paper-I Paper-II Paper-III Interview & Records||3 hours each||250 250 250 for each paper and Interview: 100||255||350|
TNPSC Group 1 2022 Prelims Syllabus
Part- 1 General Studies- General Science
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper
- Power of Reasoning
- Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning
- Science is a tool to understand the past, present, and future.
- Nature of Universe – General Scientific Laws – Mechanics
- Properties of Matter, Force, Motion, and Energy – Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics, and Communications.
- Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides.
- Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, Human diseases.
- Environment and Ecology.
- Latest diary of events
- National symbols – Profile of States
- Eminent personalities and places in the news
- Books and authors.
- Polity – Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness and General administration
- Welfare-oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography – Geographical landmarks.
- Economics – Current socio-economic issues.
- Science – Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
Geography of India
- Location – Physical features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate – Water resources – Rivers in India – Soil, minerals, and natural resources – Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- Transport – Communication.
- Social geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribe.
- Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
History and Culture of India
- Indus valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms – South Indian history.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, custom.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony
- Constitution of India
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local governments, Panchayat Raj.
- Spirit of Federalism: centre-state Relationships.
- Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of law.
- Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
- Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, poverty.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance – Early uprising against British rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose and others.
- Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant movements.
- Communalism and partition
History, Cultural and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from the Sangam age till contemporary times.
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role of women in the freedom struggle. (iv) Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu – Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism – Self Respect Movement, Dravidian movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar Anna.
Development Administration In Tamil Nadu
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio-Economic development.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
- e-governance in Tamil Nadu.
Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest – Compound interest
- Area – Volume
- Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles-Dice
- Visual Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Reasoning
- Number Series.
TNPSC Group 1 2022 Mains Syllabus
Paper-1 General Studies
- The modern history of India and Indian culture
- Social issues in India and Tamil Nadu
- Current Affairs
- General Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC Standard)
Paper-II General Studies- Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India
- Constitution of India
- Union Executive
- Union Legislature
- Union Judiciary
- State Executive
- State Legislature
- State Judiciary
- Local Government
- Union Territories
- Federalism in India
- Civil Services in India
- State Services in India
- Official Languages
- Special Status to Jammu & Kashmir
- Political Parties
- Issue Areas in Indian Administration
- India’s Foreign Policy
Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- Science and Technology
- Advancements in the fields of I.T., Space, Computers, Robotics, Nano-Technology
- Health and hygiene, Human diseases, Prevention and remedies
- Latest inventions in science & technology.
Tamil Society ‐ Its Culture and Heritage
- Tamil Society: Origin and expansion.
- Art and Culture: Literature, Music, Film, Drama, Architecture, Sculpture, Paintings and Folk Arts.
- Socio-economic history of Tamil Nadu from Sangam age to date.
- Growth of Rationalist, Dravidian movements in Tamil Nadu Their role in the socio-economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- The social and cultural life of contemporary Tamils: Caste, Religion, Women, Politics, Education, Economy, Trade and relationship with other countries.
- Tamil and other Disciplines: Mass Media, Computer, etc.
Paper- III General Studies- Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Location, Physical features – Major Rivers, Weather and Climate Monsoon, Rainfall‐Natural resources.
- Socio-Cultural Geography, Population.
- Basics of Geospatial Technology.
Environment, Bio-Diversity and Disaster Management
- Environmental Pollution and Management
- Climate Change
- Environmental Laws, Policies & Treaties in India and Global
Indian Economy – Current economic trends and the impact of the global economy on India
- Features of Indian Economy
- Agriculture, Industry
- Infrastructures in India
- Banking and Finance
- Public Finance
- Issues in the Indian Economy
- India’s Foreign Trade
- International Agencies
- Tamil Nadu Economy & Issues
Regular Practice is the only key to success while preparing for the TNPSC Group 1 exam. Candidates have to practice daily and should keep time aside for practising all sections. Candidates can find topic-related questions for scoring sections like both numerical and logical reasoning in the Entri app. All the topics will be covered in the Entri application with detailed solutions and analysis of your preparation. Spending 60 minutes to solve the questions from both parts A & B will help you to perform well in the actual examination.