Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is expected to release a recruitment notification inviting applications for LIC Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) 2022 posts from eligible candidates very soon through the official website. Life Insurance Corporation of India conducts AAO Exam every year to recruit candidates for the post of AAO. Candidates interested can start preparing ahead to crack the exam. LIC AAO exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for Legal, IT, Chartered Accountant, Actuarial, and Rajbhasha posts.
As LIC AAO is one of the most participated examinations in the country, it is very important that the candidates make their preparation very strategic result oriented. For this, it is very important to follow LIC AAO Best book. Hence candidates preparing to take the LIC AAO exam can check this article for LIC AAO 2022 Subject – wise Books that will benefit in preparing for the prelims, mains exam. Read this complete article to get an idea about the LIC AAO Best book and LIC AAO preparation books.
LIC AAO Best Book
It is very important that the candidates who are preparing for the examination to follow the right study materials. Candidates who are following the right study material will be able to cover the whole syllabus and said by the commission and also all the important topics.
Books for LIC AAO Prelims & Mains Exam 2022
To crack any competitive examination aspirants must be well aware of the syllabus and exam pattern. This will help you in drafting a very good study plan. With a proper study plan, guidance, and hard work one can easily crack the exam. Here are some of the best LIC AAO Preparation books.
- High School English Grammar and Composition – Wren & Martin
- Objective English for competitive examinations – Hari Mohan Prasad
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- R.S. Agarwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal
- For general awareness and banking awareness, read the newspaper and download the Current Affairs PDF given in the Entri.
Topic Wise Best Books For LIC AAO Exam 2022
Candidates who are preparing for the LIC AAO examination can refer to the list of the topic-wise study materials that is been informed by the commission to kickstart their exam preparation.
|English Language||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||Computer Aptitude||General Knowledge, Current Affairs||Insurance and Financial Market Awareness|
LIC AAO Preparation Ideas
- Setup a Time Table – It is very important to follow a strict timetable if you want to succeed. Structure your study plan accordingly. Devote more time to study, and spend less time sleeping or doing other activities. Structure the syllabus properly giving more attention to important topics. Do not skip any topics, because all are equally important. To gain extra information watch video sessions related to the syllabus.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on that more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
- Learn The Steps To Solve Questions: This is a must for all sections of the syllabus. Go through the example problems for this purpose. There are many simple ways to do the maths in the Arithmetic sections that will save your time as well as effort. Candidates are requested to be clear with such tricks before appearing for the examinations.
- Develop Reading Habits: For the General Awareness section, you need extensive reading as this section needs one to remember a lot of information on a wide range of topics. Candidates are requested to read newspapers daily as it is the main source of Current Affairs. Also the candidates are requested to read a newspaper of their regional; language too.
- Make Notes: As you study, make sure to create notes of important points, formulas, steps, etc. This will help in better revision and will be extremely useful during revision.
- Good Old Revision – Revising all the topics before the examination is a very healthy habit to follow. Revise all the topics that you are good at. List the important topics into a checklist and settle on how each and every point is to be revised before the exam is held. It will help you focus on your learning during the examination.
- Stay Calm – Too much pressure and anxiety can affect your performance negatively. So, stay calm and positive so you can handle it all with ease. Often candidates end up scoring less because they were too stressed or nervous before the examination.
LIC AAO Selection Process 2022
The LIC AAO recruitment process involves three phases as given below-
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
LIC AAO Exam Pattern
The given below is the exam pattern that is been followed by the recruitment commission for the recruitment of candidates to the LIC AAO post.
LIC AAO Preliminary Exam Pattern
LIC AAO Preliminary Examination consists of an objective test that will be conducted online. The test will have three sections as shown below:
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
* English Language is of qualifying nature.
LIC AAO Mains Exam Pattern
The main examination consists of objective tests for 300 marks and descriptive tests for 25 marks. Both the objective and descriptive tests will be held online. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive test by typing on the computer. A descriptive test will be conducted immediately after the completion of the objective test.
|Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||30||90||40 Minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60||20 Minutes|
|Professional knowledge||30||90||40 Minutes|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60||20 Minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|
* Descriptive test of English Language etc. will be of qualifying nature and the marks in the English Language will not be counted for ranking.
The exam updates regarding the exam dates, results, will be updated on this page after the official notification is released for the LIC AAO recruitment 2022. We have provided a list of useful books for preparing each subject. Choose the best books and also practice the mock tests to score in the CBT – Prelims and Mains. Entri provides an online platform to practice the latest practice test series for LIC AAO 2021. Download the App for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams, and study cards with a single subscription fee. You can access full-length latest mock tests and previous year question papers. Also, subscribe to our youtube channel.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.