Table of Contents
CTET (Central Teaching Eligibility Test) is a national level examination conducted to certify the eligibility of candidates to be appointed as teachers at Primary and Upper Primary levels. The authorities will release the admit card in the month 3rd week of June 2020 (tentatively). All the successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit cards by visiting the official website.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the 14th edition of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on 5th July 2020 (Sunday). The test will be conducted in twenty languages in 112 cities all over the country. The Official Notification was released on 23rd January 2020. All candidates can register themselves for CTET July 2020 exam by 2nd March 2020.
CTET Recruitment 2020 vacancies will be updated here. Job openings for CTET Recruitment 2020 will be released by the officials. We will update the detailed information of CTET Recruitment 2020 soon on this page. Job seekers who would like to know the updates of CTET Recruitment 2020 can check here. Get the entire details of CTET Recruitment 2020 by reading this page further.
CTET 2020: An Overview of the Exam
The competent authority i.e. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi will conduct the CTET exam on scheduled date and time. The Board has released CTET notification 2020 on its official website. Interested candidates can visit detailed information from the official website. Check quick facts about the CTET 2020 exam in the table below:
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2020|
|Regulating Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Test Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper Based|
|Test Duration||2.30 Hours|
|Total Questions||150 MCQs|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Registration will start from||24th January 2020|
|Closing date of registration||9th March 2020 (Extended)|
|Application Fee||General/OBC candidates-Rs.700/- (Paper-I/Paper-II) & Rs.1200/- for both papers.
SC/ST/PwD Category-Rs.350/- (Paper-1/Paper-2) & Rs.600 for both papers.
|Fee payment mode||Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card|
|Date of Entrance Exam||5th July 2020|
|Announcement of result||27th July 2020|
CTET 2020 Exam: Important Dates
Interested candidates who are preparing for CTET 2020, must apply before the due date. The official dates for the CTET July 2020 exam have been announced and the same has been updated in the table below.
|Events of the Exam||Dates (Released)|
|Submission of online application form will start from||24th January 2020|
|Closing date of application form||9th March 2020|
|Last date for payment of application fee using debit/credit card or E-challan||13th March 2020|
|The crucial date for correction/modification in the application form||17th to 24th March 2020|
|Admit Card issuance date||3rd week of June 2020|
|Date of CTET entrance test||5th July 2020 (Sunday)|
|Answer key release date||23rd July 2020|
|The result will be declared on||27th July 2020|
|CTET Certificate/Marks statement will be issued||August 2020|
CTET 2020 Exam Schedule
The authorities have released the exam schedule for CTET 2020 July
|Events||Paper I||Paper II|
|Date of Examination||July 5, 2020||July 5, 2020|
|Entry in the Examination Center||8:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Checking of Admit Cards||9:00 to 9:15 AM||1:30 to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||9:15 AM||1:45 PM|
|Test Booklet to be on at||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|Last Entry in the Exam Center||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Test Commences||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:00 Noon||4:30 PM|
CTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Important Points
Given below are some salient points related to CTET 2020 eligibility criteria –
- Reserved category candidates (SC, ST, OBC and PWD) will get upto 5% relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks of the educational qualifications mentioned above.
- Diploma and degree courses recognised by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) will only be considered.
- In the case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education) courses, those recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) will only be considered.
- A candidate with a Diploma in Education (Special Education) must undergo a 6-month NCTE recognised special programme in Elementary Education.
- Educational qualifications mentioned in CTET 2020 eligibility criteria are applicable to teachers of Languages, Social Studies/ Social Science, Mathematics, Science, etc.
- For physical education teachers, minimum qualification norms for these teachers as per NCTE regulations will be applicable.
- For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. norms set by the State Government or other managements will be applicable.
- If found out that a candidate does not fulfil the required CTET eligibility criteria and is still appearing for the exam will be rejected at any stage.
CTET Application Fee
|Categories||Fee for Paper-I or Paper-II||Fee for both Paper-I & II|
|General/OBC (NCL)||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1200|
|SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person||Rs. 500||Rs.600|
Highlights of CTET 2020
The key points about CTET 2020 July session are highlighted below:
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Selection of Primary and Elementary Teachers in Central Government Schools|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes (each paper)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language Medium||English and Hindi|
CTET Mock Test Series
The preparation for CTET 2020 must be done judiciously if one wants to clear the exam with flying colours. The Exam is going to be conducted offline thus a proper practice in the pen and paper mode of examination is needed. A number of test series are provided by Adda247 & Career Power for candidates to prepare from. Click on the link given below to attempt CTET Mock Test Series 2020.