Kerala PSC has announced the exam date for the Junior Instructor (Food and Beverages Guest Service Assistant) in the Industrial Training Department. The exam is scheduled to be held on 18th May 2021. In this article, candidates can download the Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Food and Beverage syllabus 2021.
Join our Kerala PSC latest exam courses and get to your dream job. Download Entri for all the information regarding the course.
Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Food and Beverage Notification Overview
|Name of post||Junior Instructor (Food and Beverages Guest Service Assistant)|
|Department||Industrial Training Department|
|Category No||160/2018 & 199/2020|
|Date of Notification||160/2018- 24/09/2018
|Number of vacancies||160/2018- Ezhava/Thiyya/Billava – 01 199/2020- 02|
|Scale of pay||Rs. 26500 – 56700/-|
|Method of Recruitment||Direct Recruitment|
|Exam Date||18 May 2021
Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Food and Beverage Syllabus
Module I – Hotel and Food Service Industry
- Hotel Introduction – Growth and Role of Hotel Industry – Sectors of the Foodservice Industry
- Classification of Food Service establishment – Commercial-hotels, restaurants, fast food operations, clubs, take-a-ways, function catering; Welfare – schools, hospitals, industries, defence services catering, prison catering, youth hostels; Transport catering railway catering, airline catering, marine catering, and motorway catering.
- Scope and Career prospects in the catering industry.
- Coordination of Food and Beverage with other departments – food production, kitchen stewarding, front office, housekeeping, engineering department, HR/Personnel department, stores, food and beverage controls, finance, marketing, security, training and development, system department.
Module 2 – Types of Food and Beverage Outlets and Food And Beverage Service Equipment’s
- Types of Food and Beverage outlets – multicuisine restaurant, specialty restaurants, coffee shops, grill rooms, discotheque, bar, lounge, room service, banquets, cafeteria, night clubs, fast food restaurants, pubs, snacks/milk bar, kiosks, etc.
- Food and Beverage service equipment
Module 3 – Menu Planning and Types of Services
- Menu Planning: Origin of menu-functions of menu-Types of menu-a la carte, Table d’hote, carte du jour, plat du jour, cyclic menus; Menu planning-factors to be considered while planning a menu – Courses and terminology in French classical menu- menu sequence – Menu compilation and table set-up. Cover and accompaniments.
- Types of Services: French, English, American, Russian, Gueridon, Buffet, Counter, Rooms, etc. Factors influencing the type of service.
- Room service organization-job description and responsibilities of room service staff types of room service-equipment used in room service-room service tray layout procedure for service-room service errand card-doorknob menu-service techniques napkin folds – Taking reservations
- Service Procedures – Mise-en-scene, Mise en-place, Rules for laying a table – cover set up-procedure of operations during lunch and dinner-Service of appetizers, main course, alters and beverages – clearance of ashtrays – crumbing the cover-Rules for waiting at the table.
Module 4 – Revenue Control System, Banquet and Bar Operations
- Revenue Control System
- Banquet Operation- Types of the banquet – Duties and Responsibilities of banquet Brigades
- Buffet: Factors in planning buffet – Area equipment – Sequence of food – Organizing and Planning
- Bar Operation – Types of a bar – Parts of the bar – Bar equipment – Furniture – Linen bar stock and inventory – bar licensing – bar control system – bar staffing – Stock taking – goods received the book – Cellar stock register – Bin card – Overage and shortage.
Module 5 – Beverages, Cocktails and Mocktails
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Beer, Sake, Cider, Perry and Mead, Cocktails,
- Making cocktails – Whiskey-based cocktails, Gin based cocktails, Brandy based cocktails, Rum based cocktails, Vodka based cocktails, Tequila based cocktails, etc.
- Mocktails – introduction, mocktail recipes
Module 6 – Food and Beverage Service Sequence
- Basic technical skills
- Taking bookings: Procedure of bookings – The booking sheet
- Preparation for service
- Table Service
- Taking customer food and beverage orders
- Service of foods: Service of alcoholic bar beverages
- Billing methods: Bill as check – Separate bill – Bill with order – Prepaid – Voucher – No-charge-Deferred.
Module 7 – Wines, Food and Wine Harmony
- Food and wine harmony
- Cheese-production, classification
Module 8 – Cheese, Tobacco, Cigarette, and Cigar
- Tobacco-Introduction of tobacco-cultivation of tobacco-harvesting, curing.
- Cigarette-manufacturing of a cigarette– Brand of cigarette – national and international; service of cigarettes.
- Cigar-manufacturing of the cigar, wrapper colors, size of the cigar, shapes of the cigar, selection of cigar, international brands of cigars-storage of cigar-service of cigar-lighting the cigar-other tobacco products.
Download the complete topic-wise Syllabus PDF for the Junior Instructor (Food and Beverage):
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to the upcoming Kerala PSC Examinations 2021. Download and subscribe to Entri App and start practicing the latest mock tests to ace your preparations.