Kerala PSC has announced the exam date for the Junior Instructor- Mechanical Agricultural Machinery in the Industrial Training Department. The exam is scheduled to be held on 05th May 2021. In this article, candidates can download the Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Mechanic Agriculture Machinery syllabus.
Join our Kerala PSC latest exam courses and get to your dream job. Download Entri for all the information regarding the course.
Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Mechanic Agriculture Machinery: Notification Highlights
|Name of post||Junior Instructor- Mechanical Agricultural Machinery|
|Date of Notification||29 December 2018|
|Number of vacancies||02|
|Scale of pay||Rs. 26,500-56,700/-|
|Method of Recruitment||Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from among Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Tribes only)|
|Exam Date||05 May 2021
Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Mechanic Agriculture Machinery Syllabus
Occupational Safety & Health
Importance of Safety and general Precautions to be observed in the shop. Basic first aid, safety signs – for Danger, Warning, caution & personal safety message.
Hand & Power Tools
Marking scheme, Marking material-chalk, Prussian blue. Cleaning tools- Scraper, wire brush, Emery paper, Description, care and use of Surface plates, steel rule, measuring tape, try square. Calipers inside and outside.
Systems of measurement, Fasteners.
Basic Workshop Machines, Basic Electricity, and Heat Treatment
- Drilling machine: Description and study of Bench type Drilling machine, Portable electrical Drilling machine, drill holding devices, Work Holding devices, Drill bits.
- Sheet metal: State the various common metal Sheets used in the Sheet Metal shop
- Basic electricity: Electricity principles, Ground connections, Ohm’s law, Voltage, Current, Resistance, Power, Energy. Voltmeter, ammeter, Ohmmeter Multimeter, Conductors & insulators, Wires, Shielding, Length vs. resistance, Resistor Ratings.
- Fuses & circuit breakers
- Description of Chemical effects
- Basic electronics
- Introduction to welding and Heat Treatment Welding processes
- Non-destructive Testing Methods
Tractor Engine Basics & Engine components
- Engine Basics: Classification of engines, Principle & working of 2&4-stroke diesel engine (Compression Ignition Engine (C.I) ), Principle of Spark Ignition Engine(SI), differentiate between 2-stroke and 4 strokes, C. I engine and S.I Engine, Direct injection and Indirect injection, Brief on common rail diesel injection engine. Engine output, compression pressure, Compression ratio.
- Engine Components
- Description of Cylinder block, Cylinder block construction
- Description & function of connecting rod
- Cooling systems
- Cooling system components
- Description of crankshaft & Camshafts
- Lubrication system
- Intake & exhaust systems- Intake system components & Exhaust system component
Tractor Transmission System & Power Tiller
- Carburetor operation, Diesel Fuel Systems, Clutch, Manual transmissions, Final Drive & Drive Shafts, Steering & Suspension System Braking system components.
- Description, working principle & use of power tiller
Primary Tillage Implements and Soil Forming Equipment
- Types of tillage & their uses, Types of harrows & their uses, Types of cultivator
Secondary Tillage Implements and Irrigation Pumps
- Types of seed drills & their uses, Types of planters, Types of fertilizer applicators, Source of water
- Types of electrical motors, Reapers & their types Functions, Types of threshers, Purpose of a combine harvester, Need of green harvesting equipment
Seed Processing Machines
- Important of winnowing, Importance of rice huller and polisher, Working of fans and blowers, Operation of transporting and handling.
Download the Kerala PSC Junior Instructor (Mechanic Agriculture Machinery) Syllabus 2021 PDF: