Table of Contents
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022: Kerala Public Service Commission- KPSC released an official notification about the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022 on their website. They are aiming to fill up only one Vacancy in Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) by this Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022. The online applications can be submitted from 16th August 2022 and the Last date to submit an Online Application is on or before 22nd September 2022.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for the position can now apply on the KPSC’s official website under the Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Notification 2022. Read the article below to learn more about the PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) new recruitment, the post, and the job roles.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Overview
The candidates should read the official notification before submitting the application form online. The candidates will be selected after the written exam followed by the interview. Read the article below to know more about Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022.
|Kerala Public Service Commission Technical Assistant (Drugs control) 2022|
|Name of the Post||Technical Assistant|
|Pay Scale||₹ 35,600 – 75,400/-|
|Online Application Started||16th August 2022|
|Last date to Apply||22nd September 2022|
|Method of Appointment||Direct Recruitment|
|Selection Process||Written/OMR/Online Test|
|Date of Exam||To be Announced|
Degree in Science graduates below 36 years can now apply for this position through their PSC application portal. PSC is recruiting Technical Assistant candidates towards vacant post through this particular recruitment. Selected candidates will have a pay scale of Rs.35,600 – 75,400/-.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification
Kerala Public Service Commission has commenced the recruitment process for Technical Assistant at the Kerala Drugs Control Department. This position is open to qualifying applicants who have completed a recognized Institute/ University and are between the age group of 19 and 36 years.
Eligible candidates are invited to apply for the currently vacant position. After the recruitment process, the Kerala Public Service Commission will notify the applicants who have been shortlisted for the job role. It must also be noted that the KPSC shall remain in effect for a minimum period of 1 year and a maximum period of 3 years unless a new rank list is released.
Candidates may quickly download the PDF of the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022 Notification by using the direct link that has been provided for their convenience. Candidates should thoroughly read the official PDF of the recruitment initiative so they are aware of all the pertinent details surrounding the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant recruitment 2022 notification before applying for vacancies advertised under the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Recruitment 2022.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Important Dates
Exam dates are available for review by applicants here. As soon as feasible, the candidates must start preparing. The post has only one available vacancy. Candidate should apply for the post as prior to the deadline mentioned by the officials.
|Application Starting Date||16th August 2022|
|Application Last Date||22th September 2022|
|Exam Date||To be Announced|
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Vacancy
The number of vacancies for the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant recruitment 2022 to be announced soon. The total number of vacancies for the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant under Drugs Control recruitment process was released on the official website.
|Name of the Post||Vacancies|
|Technical Assistant (Drugs Control)||01|
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Salary
The salary scale of Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Recruitment 2022 is Rs. 35,600 – 75,400/-. The various allowance will be added to it as per the 7th pay commission orders.
|Technical Assistant (Drugs Control)||Rs. 35,600 – 75,400/-|
The recruited candidates are also offered various perks benefits apart from the salary such as high salary, job security, sick leaves and other holidays, benefits for retirement, medical benefits, and constant working hours.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Recruitment 2022 exam, one must make sure that they meet the Kerala PSC eligibility criteria. To apply for the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Recruitment 2022, applicants must fulfil the eligibility conditions in terms of nationality, age limit and educational qualifications.
The candidate must fulfil the nationality criteria as follows:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/She should be a resident of Kerala.
- Candidates between 19 years to 39 years of age can apply for the Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Post.
- Only candidates born between 01.01.2003 and 02.01.1986 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other
- The concessions in upper age limits are available subject to the conditions that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 (Fifty) years.
- Age relaxation upto 5 years in maximum age limit is admissible to those who are employed in the Drugs Control Department for appointment to the post of Technical Assistant.
- Degree in Science with Chemistry as main subject with not less than 60% marks from a recognized University.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Application Form
The Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) application form was already released online mode. The candidates have to fill the application form online which is released in the month of August probably. The candidates must fill the application form well before the due date to avoid any problems.
How to Apply for Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022?
Those interested in applying for the position must do so via the online application process. The Kerala Public Service Commission is accepting applications for the role of Technical Assistant under the department of Drug Control through its official website. Candidates can follow these steps to apply for this role.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission.
Step 2: Click on the link for One Time Registration link. The candidate will be redirected to a new OTR portal.
Step 3: Sign up and enter all the mandatory details such as Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, etc.
Step 4: On successful registration, the Registration ID and Password will be generated.
Step 5: Visit the Kerala PSC Thulasi website and log in with these credentials.
Step 6: Look for the post you wish to apply for and click on the “Apply Online” Link.
Step 7: Fill in all the necessary details in the application form carefully.
Step 8: Verify all the details and submit the application form by clicking on the “Registration Card”.
Step 9: Take a printout of the application form for future references.
Candidates should also keep in mind that all information provided to the Kerala Public Service Commission must be accurate. And, candidates must present any documents requested by the board without fail. If the committee discovers any unethical behaviour or the applicant fails to present the required documentation during the application process, the application will be denied without further consideration.
Interested and Eligible candidates for the Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Recruitment 2022 post can check the given link below to apply online or visit the official website of TSPSC,
The exam board has not considered any application fee till now. The candidates who are applying for the post, can login to the official website and apply with their personal data. No further fees will be deducted from the official site for the application.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Selection Process
The Kerala PSC Selection Process involves two stages:
- Stage-1: Written/ OMR
- Stage-3: Interview
The candidates need to clear the Written exam first. The candidates who will clear the Written test/ OMR will be eligible for the Interview. The candidates who will clear the Interview will then be called for Document Verification. The final merit list will be published after the Interview round.
The candidates who are ultimately chosen will receive their employment order in the mail to their communication address, and they must report to their assigned location on the specified day.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification- Syllabus
Pharmaceutical Chemistry I (Inorganic Chemistry)
- Introduction to Pharmacopoeia and monograph
- Quality Control and test for purity.
- Study of pharmaceutically important compounds
- Theory of co-ordination compounds with special reference to application in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical analysis
- Test for purity of swelling property of bentonite, Acid neutralizing capacity of aluminium hydroxide gel, etc.
- Determination of specific rotation of a compound, refractive index and partition co-efficient.
Pharmaceutical Analysis I
- Neutralization titrations
- Non-aqueous titrations
- Precipitation titrations
- Complexometric titrations
- Oxidation – reduction titrations
- Gravimetric analysis
- Miscellaneous methods
Pharmaceutical Chemistry II (Chemistry of Natural Products)
- Carbohydrates, Proteins and Amino acids
- Terpenoids, Alkaloids and Glycosides
- Vitamins and Purines
- Fats and Oils
- Introduction, Definition and scope of Forensic pharmacy. Pharmaceutical legislation in India and historical developments.
- A detailed study (a) Pharmacy Act. (b) Drugs and Cosmetics Act. (c) Medicinal and Toilet preparations (Excise Duties) Act and Rules. (d) Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act. (e) Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act.
- A brief study of (a) Drugs Prices Control Order. (b) A.I.C.T.E. Act. (c) Patents Act. (d) Trade and Merchandise marks Act. (e) States Shops and Establishments Act. (f) Minimum Wages Act. (g) Factories Act. (h) Prevention of Food Adulteration Act and Rules. (i) Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act. (j) Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act. (k) The Poisons Act
- Drug tragedies.
- Study of the biological sources and traditional drugs.
- Introduction to alternative systems of medicine.
- Systematic study of source.
- General techniques of biosynthetic studies and basic metabolic pathways.
- Introduction, classification and study of different chromatographic methods and their applications.
- Preparation of the extracts and various extraction techniques including supper critical fluid extraction.
- Marine pharmacognosy, novel medicinal agents from marine sources.
- Plant allergens and allergenic substances. Classification and preparation of allergenic extracts.
- Biological sources, preparation, identification tests and uses of the following enzymes: Diastase, Papain, Bromelain, Maltase
- Protein containing drugs: Gelatin, Collagen, spirulina
- Introduction to herbal drug technology. Development and evaluation of herbal formulations.
- Adulteration and evaluation of crude drugs.
- Herbaceous health foods.
- Herbal cosmetics – including classifications with examples.
- Patenting of Herbal Drugs
- Estimation of phytopharmaceuticals : Atropine, Quinine, Curcumine, Aloin, Caffeine.
- Physicochemical evaluation of crude drugs and formulations including ash values, extractive values, refractive index.
Pharmacology-I & Biopharmaceutics
- General Pharmacology.
- Drug dose & dosage: Fixed dose combination -Advantages & disadvantages.
- Rational use of medications.
- Pharmacogenetic variation in drug action
- Principles of Toxicology.
- Pharmacology of drugs in special groups- Pregnancy, lactation pediatrics and elderly.
- Chrono pharmacology
- Pharmacology of different classes of drugs.
- Biotransformation – phase I and phase II reactions
- Compartment models- Definition, One compartment model- IV Bolus, IV Infusion, Extra Vascular administration.
- Non-linear pharmacokinetics- One compartment model IV Bolus administration, Michaelis Menten equation.
- Measurement of Bioavailability- Cmax, t max, AUC. Design of single dose Bioequivalent study, dissolution and disintegration
Pharmacology-I & Clinical Pharmacy
- Measurements in pharmacology
- Drug discovery and new drug development
- Pharmacology of certain groups of drugs
- Antimicrobial drugs & Chemotherapy
- Immuno pharmacology.
- Drug & Poison information services
- Clinical pharmacokinetics & individualization of drug therapy
- Adverse drug reactions: Detection, monitoring & reporting of ADRs.
- Definition and implications of Evidence based medicine, Practice based research & laboratory based research
- Preparation of drug profiles, leaflets, packaging inserts.
- Drug interactions: clinical significance, potentially dangerous interactions, role of pharmacist in identification, assessment and ways to overcome interactions.
- Concept of Essential drugs and rational drug use.
- Clinical management
Pharmaceutical Chemistry III (Medicinal Chemistry)
- Basic Concepts and Applications of Prodrug Design
- Study of Classification, Mechanism of Action, uses and Structure of selected drugs
Pharmaceutical Analysis II
- Potentiometric titrations: Introduction, Electrochemical cells, half-cells, electrodes, measurement of potential and application in pharmaceutical analysis
- Conductometric titrations: Basic concepts, different types of conductometric titrations, apparatus used and applications in Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Thermal Analysis: Basic Concepts and Applications in Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Polarography, Amperometry and Electrophoresis.
- Turbidimetry and Nephelometry
- Theoretical aspects, basic instrumentation, elements of interpretation of spectra.
Pharmaceutics and Microbiology
- Tablets Characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. Types of tablets, excipients, granulation methods and machinery involved.
- Tablet coating: Types-sugar coating, film coating, compression coating, electrostatic and enteric coating.
- Capsules: Advantages and disadvantages of capsules.
- Sterile products
- Pharmaceutical aerosols: components, propellants, containers, valves and actuators, types of aerosol systems, manufacture, quality control, pharmaceutical applications.
- Surgical ligatures and sutures, types, Catgut-preparation and standardization. Cotton-absorbent and non-absorbent
- Blood products and plasma.
- Packaging materials. Types of glasses and plastics employed for packing and their evaluation.
- Introduction, fundamentals of cosmetic science.
- Controlled drug delivery systems
- Process validation and performance evaluation.
- Pharmaceutical calculations.
1. Introduction to the scope of microbiology,Microscopy-compound, dark field,
phase contrast, UV, fluorescence and electron microscopy.
2. Classification of microbes and bacterial taxonomy. Elementary study of
important pathogenic microorganisms, biochemical methods for identification.
a) Structure of bacterial cell. Endospores and mechanism of spore formation. L
forms. Identification methods of microbes; stains and types of staining
b) Bacterial Nutrition, cultivation of bacteria. Culture media, its classification
with examples. Aerobic and anaerobic culture methods. Isolation of Pure culture.
c) Classification & Structure of Viruses. Cultivation of Viruses, Viral replication.
Virus-Host interactions. Bacteriophages, phage typing. Bacteriocins. d)
Introduction to fungi of Medical and pharmaceutical importance. Fungal
reproduction and cultivation.
a) Immunological Preparations: Principles, Antigens and Haptens, Immune
System, Cellular and Humoral Immunity, Antibodies, Immunological Tolerance.
Hypersensitivity. Active and Passive immunization, Vaccines and Sera, their
preparation, standardization and storage. Development of Hybridoma for
b) Antigen – Antibody reactions and their applications.
4. Control of microbes by Physical and Chemical methods:
a) Disinfection, factors influencing disinfectants, dynamics of disinfection,
Evaluation of Disinfectants.
b) Sterilisation- different methods, validation of sterilisation methods and
equipments. Sterility testing of pharmaceutical products as per the I P.
5 a) Antibiotics: Antimicrobial Spectrum and methods used for
standardization. Microbial assay of antibiotics.
b)Fermentation technology; Basic principles of fermentation, isolation and
screening of industrially important microbes, types of fermentation, downstream
process, Fermenter design and control of different parameters. Fermentation
process. Screening of soil for organisms producing antibiotics. Extraction of
fermentation products with special reference to Penicillin,alcohol , amylase and
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) Admit Card 2022
The Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Admit Card will be released on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The candidates must carry at least 2 copies of their admit card to the exam hall. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the exam without a valid admit card. Along with the Admit Card, students are advised to bring one photo ID proof to the exam centre.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) Cutoff 2022
The Technical Assistant will be shortlisted after those aspirants have effectively cracked the examination and results have been declared. The selected candidate will go further for the interview round and when the interview round has been completed the final rank list will be published on the official website of the Kerala Public Commission. The exam is a cut-off examination with the answers submitted on the OMR sheet by candidates. The cut-off marks are designed in such a way that selected candidates must obtain that mark for final selection. Due to increased competition, aspirants should aim to score more than the cut-off marks. The cut-off can vary every year with the number of applicants and based on how tough the question paper was. he cut-off marks and rank list will be published on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. As the vacancy seat is not large, it would be better for candidates to obtain a higher score for selection. But after obtaining good cut-off marks candidates have performed significantly in the interview round also.
Important Points on Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Notification
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualifications instead of qualification mentioned in the
Notification shall produce the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the
time of certificate verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent
to the prescribed qualification concerned.
- In the case of difference in original Caste/Community claimed in the application and that
entered in SSLC book, the candidate shall produce a Gazette notification in this regard,
along with Non creamy layer certificate / Community certificate at the time of certificate
- An in-service training of three months will be given to the direct recruiters during the
period of probation after appointment to the post.
- The Ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier.
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 Important Links
|Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drugs Control) Links 2022|
|Notification PDF||Click here|
|Apply Online||Click here|
Kerala PSC Technical Assistant (Drug Control) 2022 FAQs
Q1. How can I apply online for KPSC Recruitment 2022?
Ans. You can apply online for KPSC Recruitment 2022 through the official web portal @keralapsc.gov.in
Q2. When is deadline to apply online for Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022?
Ans. The deadline to apply online for Kerala PSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022 is 22nd September 2022.
Q3. Age limit for Technical Assistant post in Kerala PSC Recruitment 2022?
Ans. Minimum Age limit for Kerala PSC Technical Assistant is 19 years as on July 1, 2022.
Q4. Age limit for Technical Assistant post in Kerala PSC Recruitment 2022?
Ans. Maximum Age limit for Kerala PSC Technical Assistant post is 36 years as on July 1, 2022.
Entri App is a fantastic online platform for anyone interested in taking bank tests, government exams, or other competitive exams. Our team of professionals offers concise and clear video classes that aid in the understanding of subjects.