Table of Contents
KSEB Sub Engineer Study Material 2023: Kerala State Electricity Board conducts a recruitment examination is one of the most anticipated and very first government examinations in 2023. This examination is conducted for the recruitment of eligible candidates to the post of sub engineers every year and the details regarding the examination are published through the official website of Kerala PSC through the official notification.
Recently, the commission has published the official notification inviting applications to the exam and now through the official notification has informed the details regarding the post. As per the information published by Kerala PSC through the official exam notification, the recruitment examination will be conducted at different centers across the state. This is one of the best opportunities for government job aspirants to land a government job and this offers fair salary packages for the candidates who join for the job. This examination is conducted under the supervision of Kerala PSC and candidates who are appearing for the examination must be well prepared so as to get a good rank in the final rank list. For the result to be very good candidates should make their exam preparation more strategic and effective the candidates must have an idea and knowledge regarding the Kerala PSC KSEB Sub Engineer exam and to correctly schedule and plan the preparation, knowing the examination details is very important. Follow the correct KSEB Sub Engineer Study Material 2023 to ensure your spot on the final rank list. In this article are the complete details regarding the KSEB Sub Engineer Study material 2023 and the tips to prepare for the examination in 2023.
KSEB Sub Engineer Recruitment 2023: Overview
KSEB Sub Engineer Exam 2023: Overview
|Post Name||Sub – Engineer|
|Organization Name||Kerala State Electricity Board-KSEB|
|Job Type||State Government|
|Job Location||All Over Kerala|
To ensure good marks in the examination and to score a good position in the final rank list it is very important to understand the complete syllabus and the study materials that have to follow for the examination. Here are the details regarding the KSEB Sub Engineer exam syllabus and the KSEB Sub Engineer Study materials that can be used for better performance in the examination.
KSEB Sub Engineer Syllabus 2023
|Module I||Electric circuits : Network graph. K C L, KVL, node and mesh analysis, transient response of dc and ac networks; sinusoidal steady state analysis, resonance, basic filter concept; ideal current and voltage sources, Thevenin’s, Norton’s, superposition and Maximum power transfer theorems, two port network, three phase circuits: Electromagnetics: Gauss Theorem, electric field and potential due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distribution; Ampere’s and Biot-Savart’s law; inductance; dielectrics; capacitance. Signals and systems: Representation of continuous and discrete time signals; shifting and scaling operation; liner time invariant and causal systems: Fourier, Laplace and Z transforms. Instrumentation: Insulation megger, earth megger, Kelvin’s Double bridge, Quadrent electrometer, Rotating sub-standard, TOD meter.|
|Module II||Electrical Machines: Single phase transformer – equival ent circuit, phasor diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency; three phase transformers – connections, parallel operation; auto-transformer; energy conversion principles; DC machines – types, windings, generator characteristics, armature reaction and commutation, starting and speed control of motors; three phase induction motors – principles, types, performance characteristics, starting and speed control: single phase induction motors; synchronous machines – performance, regulation and parallel operation of generators, motor starting, characteristics and applications; servo and stepper motors. Electrical Machine Design: Design of transformers – single phase and three phase transformers – distribution and power transformers – output equation – core design – window area – window space factor – overall dimensions of core. Windings – no. of turns – current density) – conductor section – Design of DC machines: output equation – specific loading – choice of speed and no of poles – calculation of main dimensions – choice of type of winding – number of slots – number of conductors per slot – length of air gap – design of field windin g – conductor cross section – design of interpole – flux density under interpole – calculation of turns of interpole w i n d i n g – design of compensating winding. Design of synchronous machines: specific loading – output equation – main dimensions – types of winding – number of turns – number of slots and slot design – field design for water wheel and turbo alternators – cooling of alternators. Design of three phase induction motors: main dimensions – stator design – squirrel cage and slip ring types – number of stator and rotor slots – rotor bar current – design of rotor bar – endring current -design of end ring – design of slip ring rotor winding.|
|Module III||Power Systems: Basic power generation concepts; transmission line models and performance; cable performance, insulation; corona and radio interference; distribution systems; per-unit quantities; bus impedance and admittance matrices; load flow; voltage control; power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components; fault analysis; principles of over-current, differential and distance protection; solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; system stability concepts, swing curves and equal area criterion; HDVC transmission. Control Systems: Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagrams; steady-state errors; Routh and Niquist techniques; Bode plots; root loci; lag, lead and lead-lag compensation; state space model; state transition matrix, controllability and observability. Electrical and Electronic Measurements: Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and induction type instruments; measurement of voltage, current, power ,energy and power factor; instrument transformers; digital voltmeters and multimeters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscilloscopes; potentiometric recorders; error analysis.|
|Module IV (A)||Analog and Digital Electronics: Characteristics of diodes. BJT, MOSFET, amplifiers – biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; operational amplifiers – characteristics and applications; simple active filters: VCOs and timers; combinational and sequential logic circuits; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; multivibrators; sample and hold circuits; A/D and D/A converters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing. Power Electronics and Drives: Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs – static characteristics and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters – fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters; basis concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.|
|Module IV (B)||Electrical system Design: Medium and HV installations – selection of cables and cable glands, guidelines for cable installation, Installation of induction motors, Design of distribution systems with light power and motor loads, Selection and installation of transformers, switchgears and protective devices – Design of indoor and outdoor 11 KV substation upto 630
KVA – Design of earthing system – Pipe, plate and mat earthing – lightning arresters. Metering and protection. HT and LT breaker control panels. Selection of standby generator – installation and its protection. Pre-commissioning tests of cables, transformers and generators.
|Renaissance in Kerala|
KSEB Sub Engineer Study Material 2023
Candidates have to follow the quality and correct study materials to ensure good marks in the competitive examination. As the KSEB Sub Engineer examination is one of the most anticipated examinations of 2023, it is important for the candidates to make the preparation more strategic and accurate. There are a lot of magazines that you can read daily in order to have proper knowledge regarding the subject of current affairs. You must read a newspaper daily in order to prepare for the entrance examination. You can read the newspaper in Hindi or in English or in your regional language according to the subjects that will be included in the sentence examination. Candidates can also download the detailed notes and study materials from Entri for KSEB Sub Engineer 2023 examination.
KSEB Sub Engineer Exam Tips 2023
Here are the things each candidate has to keep in mind while preparing for the examination:
- Understand The Examination Syllabus Thoroughly: One of the most important parts of your KSEB Sub Engineer Preparation 2021 is being thorough with the exam syllabus. Without having a good knowledge of the different topics that come under each of the sections, you cannot plan KSEB Sub Engineer preparation 2021 in the proper way.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
- Learn The Steps To Solve Questions: This is a must for all sections of the syllabus. Go through the example problems for this purpose. There are many simple ways to do the maths in the Arithmetic sections that will save your time as well as effort. Candidates are requested to be clear with such tricks before appearing for the examinations.
- Develop Reading Habits: For the General Awareness section, you need extensive reading as this section needs one to remember a lot of information on a wide range of topics. Candidates are requested to read newspapers daily as it is the main source of Current Affairs. Also, the candidates are requested to read a newspaper in their regional; language too.
- Make Notes: As you study, make sure to create notes of important points, formulas, steps, etc. This will help in better revision and will be extremely useful during revision.
- Solve Practice Questions: Every time you finish a concept, solve a sufficient number of questions. You must improve your application skills and problem-solving abilities. Refer to your notes and example problems if necessary. Candidates can also refer to the previous year’s question papers and also solve those to get a knack for examination.
KSEB Sub Engineer Exam Strategy 2023
One of the important strategies each candidate has to follow is the proper use of available time and materials. All the candidates who wish to score a rank in the final list have to prepare their preparation timetable on the basis of the easiness of the syllabus. Also, candidates have to make sure that the material that they follow is the right one and has the whole details that are required.