Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from interested candidates to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV). Applications are invited for the years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 for the Direct Recruitment against these vacancies. The Group IV posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, TamilNadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. As of July 01, 2019 6491 vacancies are reported across the state. The TNPSC Group 4 2019 selection is through a single-stage written examination.
TNPSC Group IV 2019 Vacancy
- Every person appointed as the Village Administrative Officer(VAO) post shall reside in the village under his/her charge and shall continue to reside in the said Village as long as he/she is in- charge of that Village.
TNPSC Group 4 2019 Qualification
- For Village Administration Officer, Junior Assistant(Non – Security & Security ), Bill Collector, Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Drafts-man – SSLC /Matriculation.
- For Field Surveyor, preference shall be given to those who are trained in the survey in Industrial Training Institutes.
- Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination in Typewriting.
- Steno-Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination both in Typewriting and in Shorthand.
- Village Administration Officer – 21 to 30 years
- All Other Posts – 18 to 30 years
Age relaxation according to the state government norms is applicable. Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature. Click here to know about the TNPSC online portal. TNPSC Application Portal.
TNPSC Group 4 2019 Selection Process
The TNPSC Group 4 2019 Selection Process includes single stage written examination followed by the document verification. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
Single Paper(S.S.L.C Standard)
General Studies(75 nos) +
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test(25 nos) +
General Tamil/ General English(100 nos)
= 200 Questions
The candidates can find the detailed syllabus for the examination TNPSC Group 4 2019 Syllabus.
Previous Year Cutoff
- Candidates should note that previous year cutoff is for reference only, depending upon the number of applicants and level of examination cutoff may vary.
TNPSC GROUP IV Syllabus
- Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy
- Magnetism, electricity, and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Main Concepts of life science-Classification of the living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system
- Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Latest events
- National symbols
- Profile of States- Eminent persons & places in the news
- Sports & games-Books & authors
- Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
- Problems in conduct of public elections,
- Political parties and political system in India,
- Public awareness & General administration,
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
- Earth and Universe-Solar system
- Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate-Water resources – rivers in India
- Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife
- Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography – population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
- Geographical landmarks, Current socio-economic problems, Latest inventions on science & technology
History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis
- South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom-India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter
- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj
- Tamil Nadu
- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections
- Official language and Schedule- VIII
- Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, Lok-Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms.
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programmers
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Conversion of information to data-Collection
- Compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data
- Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest- Area-Volume-Time and Work.
- Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
- Phrases & Meanings
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Prefix, Suffix
- Articles & Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Question tags, Tenses, Voice
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle, Homophones
- Sentence correction
- Figures of speech observed in the Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems. ( Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116 )
- Biography of MahatmaGandhi, Nehru, Bose, Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala, Dr.Salim Ali, Rani of Jhansi, Mandela, Lincoln
- Shakespeare’s Writings – Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116 )
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s (The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant )
- Dr.Karl Paulnack ( Music – The Hope Raiser ) etc
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus TNPSC Group IV Syllabus
For more details about the recruitment, interested candidates can check the official notification. TNPSC GROUP IV 2019 Official Notification
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.