Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) will be releasing the Group 4 notification in 2022 tentatively by September 2022. All interested candidates can apply online to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV & VAO). The Group IV posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service, and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. As of July 2019, 6491 vacancies were reported across the state. Let us check the TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process 2022 – TNPSC Rules which is primarily through a single-stage written examination.
TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process 2022
The TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process includes single stage written examination followed by the on-screen document verification. After Document verification, the shortlisted candidates will be summoned for counselling to allot the post and Unit / Department in the order of rank and category. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories. Check the detailed cut off marks at end of the page. So, the Group IV posts will have the following selection criteria Written Examination, Document Verification and Counselling Group IV Posts includes Village Administrative Officer, Junior Assistant (Non-Security), Junior Assistant (Security), Bill Collector Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, Typist, Steno-Typist (Grade- III)
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Selection Procedure 2022
For the Group 4 Written Examination 2022, there will be two types of question paper sets. In type 1, there is General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 questions) and General English (100 questions). Type 2 includes General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 questions) and General Tamil (100 questions). Candidates can choose either of the general English and Tamil for attending the second 100 questions. The general studies and aptitude section (75+25 questions) is a compulsory part. The questions on General Studies will be given in both English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil and General English will be given in the respective languages. The detailed TNPSC Group 4 question pattern for Tamil Nadu PSC Group 4 is as shown below.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
Single paper – S S L C Standard
General Studies (75 nos) +
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 nos) +
General Tamil/ General English (100 nos)
Total 200 Questions
TNPSC Group 4 Interview Selection 2022
The candidates need to appear in an interview in order to successfully get a job in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 4 department and then only they will be able to go to the last stage of the selection procedure which is the medical centre. You can check out the details related to the selection procedure for the recruitment opportunity by downloading the official Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission notification presented by the concerned organisation. The candidates will have to successfully pass the two-stage selection procedure which also consists of a counselling stage. All of the information related to the selection procedure presented by the authorities will be available through the contact information that the candidates have included in their application form.
There are certain documents that must be submitted by the candidates while filling up the application form for the vacancies presented by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Given below is the list of documents with their resolution that must be uploaded to the official website while filling up the application form by all of the candidates.
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- Identity Proof
- Group 4 Photograph Specifications
- Dimensions 165 x 123 pixels (preferred)
- Image file size should be below 50 KB
- The image file should be in JPG or GIF format
- Group 4 Signature Specifications
- Dimensions 80 x 125 pixels (preferred)
- Image file size should be below 20 KB
- The image file should be in JPG or GIF format
TNPSC Group 4 Allotment 2022
After you have successfully given the interview, allotment will be provided by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission taking into consideration the vacant positions available in the organisation. All of the decisions related to the allotment will be made by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidates will not be able to raise any objection in terms of the decisions made by the concerned authorities of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission for the allotment. The last decisions related to the allotment will be made by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission as per the panel created by the authorities. The information related to allotment will be available through the SMS sent by the concerned authorities of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
TNPSC Group 4 Previous Year Question Papers 2022
It is very important to practice the previous year’s question papers for every competitive examination. Previous papers will aid the candidate to be familiar with exam patterns, that is the questions asked repeatedly for most examinations. The topics repeated should never be missed! Then, the practice will help to understand time management. The candidate should consider practising the actual exam, which will really help to assess the time spend on each question. Click here to download a free pdf of TNPSC Group 4 previous year’s question papers.
- Previous Question Paper I
- Previous Question Paper II
- Previous Question Paper III
- Previous Question Paper IV
- 2019 Previous Question Paper 1
- 2019 Previous Question Paper 2
- 2019 Previous Question Paper 3
- 2018 Previous Question Paper 1
- 2018 Previous Question Paper 2
- 2018 Previous Question Paper 3
TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips 2022
- Understanding the pattern and syllabus is very important. Analyze it and do the planning accordingly. The pattern consists of general studies, aptitude, and general Tamil or general English. Stick to the pattern and syllabus while revising, note the completed topics.
- Set a Time table. Candidates should make their own schedules or plans to revise the subjects covered. This helps to memorize all the important points before the exam without any hassle.
- While revising the topics themselves, make brief notes of hard sections. For example, make a small list of important articles from the current affairs, important dates and events.
- Practising with the previous year’s question paper and TNPSC Group 4 question pattern 2019 will help you to understand the question pattern and repeated questions
- Practice available Mock test series. Practice more and be more confident.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Strategy 2022
- Know your exam- Just like we discussed, before attending any public exam, always make sure to know the exam well. We are dealing with a state-level exam that recruits well proficient candidates for the role of Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Typist, Field Surveyor, Village Assistant Officer etc.. So in order to crack an exam where lakhs of candidates appear, one should have an effective study plan. If you have a clear cut idea about the exam syllabus, pattern and structure, you can prepare and plan your studies accordingly. So, let’s have a look into TNPSC Group 4 syllabus, exam pattern, etc.. here.
- Depending upon your schedule, design a timetable for everything you do. Rise early in the morning and go with the pattern that you made for yourself. Everyone has got only 24 hours and if you master in dividing the time in accordance with your activity, you win. This helps in effective time management and voilà! you just created enough time to go through your portions. You may find it difficult to follow the schedule but gradually it will become better. Keep in mind that TNPSC Group 4 2021 preparation should take at least 5 months in order to cover all the topics
- Selective Learning- This is something that is very important to everyone who appears for a competitive exam. Filter the study materials and only go through the important portions. The subjects are vast and you don’t really have to waste time by going through unnecessary topics. These exams certainly follow some patterns. Identify those and go accordingly. This will definitely add more points to your preparations.
- Practice Previous Question Papers- You know what? questions papers that age at least 10 years should be your new best friend. Sit and go through as many questions as you can and there is no ‘NO’ in this. By doing this, you will get a clear picture of the exam and the topics that are stressed the most. These are real questions of the exam, attend it the way you write the original examination and self evaluate. Identifying repeated questions and stressed parts helps you in selective learning.
- Attend TNPSC Grade 4 mock tests- Your preparation is only complete after you attend mock tests. Mock tests help you to be familiar with the exam along with time management. It helps you to self evaluate and analyse which part of the syllabus you can score the most and which part is difficult for you. Attending mock tests can help you grow by analysing your scores.
So, this is the brief of the Group IV posts’ selection process for 2022. The candidates should register themselves for applying to the post. The syllabus ( English, and Tamil version) and exam pattern, revised one, has been updated by the Tamil Nadu PSC. The exam study materials and study plans to execute your preparations will be updated on our page.
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Information Links|
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification||TNPSC Group 4 Mock Test|
|TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus||TNPSC Group 4 Video Course|
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam date||TNPSC Group 4 Study Materials|
|TNPSC Group 4 Application Form||TNPSC Group 4 Interview Questions|
|TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy||TNPSC Group 4 Job Profile|
|TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card||TNPSC Group 4 Salary|
|TNPSC Group 4 Study Plan||TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|TNPSC Group 4 Previous Question Papers||TNPSC Group 4 Result|
|TNPSC Group 4 Best Books||TNPSC Group 4 Cutoff|
|TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria||TNPSC Group 4 Exam Analysis|
|TNPSC Group 4 Answer key|