Table of Contents
This will be a great opportunity for all the TNPSC aspirants to get a job as VAO, Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, typist & Steno-Typist. The notification for the TNPSC Group 4 exam is expected to release by September. Those who are preparing for the exam, try to understand the exam pattern and also start studying with the syllabus. Check the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus and Exam pattern 2022 -Tamil and download the TNPSC Group Syllabus PDF in both English and Tamil. So, here we can go through the selection process, section-wise mark distribution, subjects, and the detailed TNPSC Group 4 syllabus. Also, check out the previous year’s TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2021 PDF. TNPSC Group 4 exam syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2020, TNPSC Group 4 exam date 2022 syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2020 in Tamil pdf download link, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus in Tamil links are given below.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2022
For the Group 4 Written Examination 2022, there will be two types of question paper sets. In type 1, there is General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 questions) and General English (100 questions). Type 2 includes General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 questions) and General Tamil (100 questions). Candidates can choose either of the general English and Tamil for attending the second 100 questions. The general studies and aptitude section (75+25 questions) is a compulsory part. The questions on General Studies will be given in both English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil and General English will be given in the respective languages. The detailed TNPSC Group 4 question pattern for Tamil Nadu PSC Group 4 is as shown below.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
|Single paper – S S L C Standard
General Studies (75 nos) +
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 nos) +
General Tamil/ General English (100 nos)
Total 200 Questions
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022
TNPSC Group 4 General English grammar, TNPSC Group 4 2019 aptitude and mental ability test syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 general studies current events, TNPSC Group 4 General Tamil syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 maths syllabus is mentioned below with all the specifications. You must download the TNPSC Group 4 2021 syllabus also to compare it with the TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2022 in Tamil. TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2022 in Tamil pdf download is also given below for your convenience. TNPSC Group 4 mark allocation for each subject must be checked from the official notification as soon as possible. Check out the syllabus for TNPSC Group 4 here-
- Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards, and units-Force, motion, and energy
- Magnetism, electricity, and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases, and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Main Concepts of life science-Classification of the living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system
Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene
Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies
Animals, plants, and human life.
Current Affairs/ Events
- Latest diary of events-national -National Symbols-Profile of States
- Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors
- Awards & honors’-India and its neighbours
- Problems in conduct of public elections-
- Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness & General administration
- Welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
- Geographical landmarks
- Current socio-economic problems
- Latest inventions in science & technology
- Earth and Universe-Solar System-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate
- Water resources — rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources
- Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-
- Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian History-Culture and
- Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian Culture-Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, Lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women
- Consumer protection forms.
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment – Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth
- Rural welfare-oriented programmers – Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
National renaissance – Emergence of national leaders – Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore – Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation, and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data – Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple Interest-Compound interest, area-Volume-Time and Work.
Puzzles-Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series.
Part A – Grammar
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….) Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, and Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, and Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun + Verb, Gerund + Noun)
Part-B – Literature
- Figures of speech observed in the following Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems – Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116
- Questions on the Biography of Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller Kalpana Chawala – Dr Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
- Questions on Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s – The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant
- Dr Karl Paulnack – Music-The Hope Raiser
- Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essay – Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to Success- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India2020’) – Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ – Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that’
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple
- British English – American English
Part-C – Authors and their Literary Works
- Match the Poems with the Poets
- Which Nationality does the story belong to?
- Identify the Author with the short story
- Whose Auto biography / Biography is this?
- Which Nationality does Poet belong to?
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from Julius Caesar – The Merchant of Venice
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with the suitable option
- Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title
- About the Poets
- About the Dramatists
- William Shakespeare – Thomas Hardy
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur
- Various works of the following Authors
- Famous Quotes – Who said this?
- To Which period do the Poets belong
- Matching the Poets and Poems
- Nature centred Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation
TNPSC Group Syllabus PDF 2022
Make sure to check out the information about the TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2021 Tamil medium, TNPSC Group 4 2019 General Studies syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 2019 general Tamil syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2021 in English, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus Tamil, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus 2021 in Tamil study material, TNPSC Group 4 maths syllabus in Tamil, TNPSC Group 4 vao syllabus as soon as possible to give the exam. Given below is the TNPSC Group 4 syllabus pdf. TNPSC Group 4 syllabus in Tamil medium pdf is mentioned here for the help of the candidates including the TNPSC Group 4 2021 syllabus in Tamil, TNPSC Group 4 new syllabus 2021 and other details of TNPSC syllabus group 4.
TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips 2022
- Understanding the pattern and syllabus is very important. Analyze it and do the planning accordingly. The pattern consists of general studies, aptitude, and general Tamil or general English. Stick to the pattern and syllabus while revising, note the completed topics.
- Set a Time table. Candidates should make their own schedules or plans to revise the subjects covered. This helps to memorize all the important points before the exam without any hassle.
- While revising the topics themselves, make brief notes of hard sections. For example, make a small list of important articles from the current affairs, important dates and events.
- Practising with the previous year’s question paper and TNPSC Group 4 question pattern 2019 will help you to understand the question pattern and repeated questions
- Practice available Mock test series. Practice more and be more confident.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Strategy 2022
- Depending upon your schedule, design a timetable for everything you do. Rise early in the morning and go with the pattern that you made for yourself. Everyone has got only 24 hours and if you master in dividing the time in accordance with your activity, you win. This helps in effective time management and voilà! you just created enough time to go through your portions. You may find it difficult to follow the schedule but gradually it will become better. Keep in mind that TNPSC Group 4 2021 preparation should take at least 5 months in order to cover all the topics
- Selective Learning- This is something that is very important to everyone who appears for a competitive exam. Filter the study materials and only go through the important portions. The subjects are vast and you don’t really have to waste time by going through unnecessary topics. These exams certainly follow some patterns. Identify those and go accordingly. This will definitely add more points to your preparations.
- Practice Previous Question Papers- You know what? questions papers that age at least 10 years should be your new best friend. Sit and go through as many questions as you can and there is no ‘NO’ in this. By doing this, you will get a clear picture of the exam and the topics that are stressed the most. These are real questions of the exam, attend it the way you write the original examination and self evaluate. Identifying repeated questions and stressed parts helps you in selective learning.
- Attend TNPSC Grade 4 mock tests- Your preparation is only complete after you attend mock tests. Mock tests help you to be familiar with the exam along with time management. It helps you to self evaluate and analyse which part of the syllabus you can score the most and which part is difficult for you. Attending mock tests can help you grow by analysing your scores.
The Group IV selection process consists of a single staged- written examination, document verification, and the counselling of the qualified candidates. Written Exam, Document Verification and Counselling. The detailed exam pattern and the revised syllabus for the Group 4 posts like Village Administrative Officer, Junior Assistant (Non-Security, Security), Bill Collector Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, Typist, Steno-Typist (Grade- III) have been discussed above. Moreover, candidates attempt the section-wise mock tests and also avail themselves of the section-wise notes. The TNPSC Group 4 syllabus pdf download link and TNPSC Group 4 exam syllabus 2021 in Tamil pdf download link will have brief points to make understand the contender about the exam topics. A deep understanding of the topics is very much essential.
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Information Links|
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification||TNPSC Group 4 Mock Test|
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam date||TNPSC Group 4 Video Course|
|TNPSC Group 4 Application Form||TNPSC Group 4 Study Materials|
|TNPSC Group 4 Answer key||TNPSC Group 4 Interview Questions|
|TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy||TNPSC Group 4 Job Profile|
|TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card||TNPSC Group 4 Salary|
|TNPSC Group 4 Study Plan||TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|TNPSC Group 4 Previous Question Papers||TNPSC Group 4 Result|
|TNPSC Group 4 Best Books||TNPSC Group 4 Cutoff|
|TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria||TNPSC Group 4 Exam Analysis|
|TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process|