Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will officially announced the dates for the Delhi Police Constable Examination 2021. The exams were held from 27 November to 30 November, 01 December to 03 December, 07 December to 11 December and 14 December 2020, in the previous year. Delhi police constable 2020 announced a hiring of 5846 candidates of different categories last year. SSC conducts the recruitment examination on hiring Delhi Police Constables. Candidates those who are willing to apply for the Delhi police Constable examination 2021 should not delay their preparation for the examination. Entri provides subject wise preparation tips and strategies for competitive examination. Check here preparation strategy to crack Delhi Police Constable Exam 2021. Article also includes study materials, reference books, practice quiz and video tutorials
Subscribe Entri to ace your preparation for competitive examination
How to Crack Delhi Police Constable Exam 2021 – Preparation Strategy
Let us look through in depth the five prime preparation techniques that are very essential to crack the Delhi Police Constable exam. The five strategies that we will be emphasizing here are
1) Tips for preparing for the exam
2) Be well acquainted with the exam pattern
3) Subject wise preparation guide along with video tutorials
4) Importance of structuring a study schedule and tips to appear for mock test
5) You only fail when you stop trying. Hence keep self-motivating yourself and keep going until you attain your dream job.
1. Tips to prepare well for the examination
- Set short term goals: Candidate has to devise a goal based timeline. Delhi police constable exam dates are already announced. Hence candidates can fix a short term goal on immediate basis for each subject of the exam and prepare accordingly
- Check for focus areas: After getting the details about the exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak. Start working on the topic in which you need more attention. Give more of the preparation time for subjects that has more weightage in the prepare as well as that which you need to work more on.
- Prepare short notes for doing quick revision for exams. Important notes also has to be written separately to revise at the last moment
- Time Management: The key to success depends on how well you manage time. Mock tests has to be attempted well in advance to get an idea on how well you can manage time during examination and take care of it accordingly.
- Avoid any guess works:Guesswork may lead you to wrong answers and will increase negative marking. Also, don’t waste much time on one question and move onto the next if you are not sure about the correct answer.
- Read the complete question: Students are required to avoid the mistake of reading incomplete questions and arriving at incorrect answer eventually. Read the questions carefully and check what is being asked.
- Effective examination tips and faster memorization tips can be utilised when preparing for the exam.
2. Be well acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam
No preparation can be initiated without an outline of what you have to prepare for. hence exam pattern has to be the focus target for preparation for any examination. Once yore out the subjects included and the weightage for each subject in the paper then the preparation can be done accordingly.
The following are the subjects included in the written examination of Delhi police constable recruitment. The total marks is 100 and will be conducted in online mode. negative marks of 0.25 will be deducted for wrong answers.
|Part||Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|A||General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50||50|
|D||Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers etc.||10||10|
3. Subject wise Delhi Police Constable Preparation Strategy
Before we look into the strategies for each subject let us try to get the important books that can be referred when preparing for the examination. The following are the books that can be utilized for preparation for the examination. Book includes all the four subjects included in the written examination of Delhi Police constable exam.
- Delhi Police Constable 2019 Paperback by
- Delhi Police Constable (Executive) Recruitment Exam Guide: Entrance Examination (Popular Master Guide) (Hindi) by
- Delhi Police-Constable Exam Guide- (for Executive) 2021 Edition (Hindi, Paperback, Board RPH Editorial) by Ramesh Publishing House.
- Delhi Police Constable (Purush/Mahila) Karyakari Computer Adharit Pariksha 2019 (Hindi) Paperback by
- Delhi Police Constable Exam Practice Workbook, Hindi Paperback – January 1, 2019 by Source books
- SSC Constables (Executive) Male and Female In Delhi Police Exam Book by V.V.K.Subburaj in English
- Kiran’s Delhi Police Constable Executive (Male & Female) Online Exam Practice Work Book-English
- Kiran’s Delhi Police Constable Executive (Male & Female) Online Exam Practice Work Book-Hindi
Preparation tips for Delhi Police Constable General Awareness Section.
This section of the exam includes the highest marks . That is 50 marks out the total 100 marks paper is allocated to the general awareness section. General awareness section includes both static GK and Current affairs. Static Gk is about the affair that is fixed. Current affairs is something that needs to be updated frequently. To score well in the General Awareness section one has to
- Keep oneself updated with the current affairs nationally and internationally
- Reading newspaper should be part of daily routine
- Subscribe to current affairs channel online and frequently get updates of latest news
- For static GK one has to memorize well in order to remember perfectly
- Static GK has to be prepared well in advance on a regular basis. If piled to the end then it will be difficult to remember everything together.
- Static GK has variety of areas. Pick one area on regular basis. read that and memorise well and take down notes to revise at the end.
Delhi Police Constable Static GK Study Materials
- List of Regional rural Banks in India
- List of Government Schemes
- List of Nobel prize winners from India
- List of satellites launched by India
- List of Indian States and its official languages
Preparation tips for Delhi Police Constable Reasoning Ability Section
The reasoning section of the written examination carries the next highest marks after general awareness with a total of 25 marks out of 100. The following tips can be checked for preparation
- Practice Puzzles on a daily basis
- Understand the concepts. It is very important to begin from the easier level of the concepts to the difficult level. Work with that flow
- Check for tricks and shortcuts to solve the reasoning questions
- Prepare notes and highlight the shortcuts that can be used for different kind of questions
- Go through previous year question papers and check for the type of questions regularly asked
- Get the concepts cleared and then the practice different sort of reasoning questions
- Attempt mock tests and analyse where are you going wrong and then correct the mistake and try again
- Check for best and easy method to solve problems from best online tutorials available.
Check the following video on preparation for reasoning ability of the competitive examination
Preparation tips for Delhi Police Constable Numerical Ability Section
The numerical ability carries 15 marks out of 100 in the written examination of Delhi Police Constable examination. The following tips can be followed for preparation
- Make sure you are thorough with the basics of Mathematics
- Get a thorough Revision on the Mathematics Subject as per your education syllabus
- Practice Math on a regular basis by working out the concepts learned the same day itself
- Increase you calculation speed and this can be attained with practice
- Prepare short notes: Keep a separate note highlighting the formula and methods
- Do not pile up your doubts. Check for video tutorials online and clarify it immediately
- Check for previous year papers and solve them to understand or test your knowledge
- Attempt regular mock test for math to learn to manage time
- Understand you weak areas and practice that area more to be thorough with
- For Numerical ability , practice is what will keep you going.
Check the below video to improve the calculation speed in numerical ability. Subscribe channel to get shot tricks to solve various topics in mathematics.
Preparation tips for Delhi Police Constable Computer Fundamental Section
This section includes only 10 marks out of the 100 marks paper. Understanding computer fundamentals should not be considered as the least important section ever. In today’s digital era a man is void without the knowledge of computers. Without taking this section lightly one has to prepare well even for this section as it will help you throughout in your life. The following tips can be utilised for preparation
- Check on the basics of computers initially
- Refer various online step by step tutorials for beginners.
- Practice the step by step videos then and there and give a try
- Try several times and utilise it in day to life and gets things done easier with the help of computers
- Online course is available for computer basics . get enrolled and get certified course. It will always help in your career
- Utilisation of computer and technology to get tasks done should be a day to day routine in ones life
4. Importance of structuring a study schedule and tips to appear for mock test
Once the preparation strategy is clear for each subject then the candidate has to prepare a study schedule. Study schedule is a basic part of preparation for any examination. A structured routine if followed in any aspect of life will lead to success. Similarly it is very important to follow a schedule to prepare for any examination
Below given is the link to the 30 days study schedule for the preparation of Delhi Police Constable examination. Follow a study schedule appropriately to see good results in the examination.
Preparation will not end with the study schedule setting alone. we need to strictly follow the study plan to see the results of our preparation. An interested and aspiring candidate should at least spend the time effectively by preparing for the examination as the dates are already announced. Sincere preparation along with smart work will lead to success.
Tips to keep in mind when appearing for a mock test
They say practice makes perfect, and when you look to the habits of professional athletes, musicians and actors, it’s easy to see why. Psychology writer Malcolm Gladwell once espoused the 10,000 hour rule: only after 10,000 hours of practice does a person become an expert in any field. While you may not need 10,000 hours of practice to crack the LIC ADO exam, there’s no denying that completing practice tests can help you achieve better results.
Mock test will have questions in the exactly similar pattern as to the main exam. Questions are in the same format and you need to solve in same time limit. Solving mock test gives you a perfect idea about the actual exam.
Few important measures to be kept in mind when you take the mock tests are
- Do not casually take up the mock test. Mock test has to be answered in a complete examination like environment to acquire the complete benefits.
- Do not end it up with just answering the test. Ensure to perform analysis of the test attempted as it assists you to track the progress with instant answer evaluations.
- Mock test will help you identify problem areas, but it can also help reassure you that you indeed know your subject.
- By discovering and confirming your subject matter strengths, you can devote more time to the areas where you really need focus.
5. Self-Motivation is the Key to Success
While preparation strategy is supposed to help you crack the LIC ADO exam you have been vying for, it will not have any impact until you believe in your ability to crack it. It is very important to believe in your efforts and motivate yourself not just to read but to study, not only to get marks for the exam but to gain a deeper conceptual clarity about different topics. This will not only help you ace your examination but also help you in long term. .
‘Don’t work hard, work intelligent’.
Delhi police recruitment notification
Not every candidate is able to turn their aspirations into reality. It is their preparation approach makes them stand out of the crowd. Prepare well and work smart towards the achievement of your dream. Entri wishes you all the best for the upcoming examination.
Discussion about this post