The General Awareness section is considered to be the highly scoring section. It is an inevitable section of many competitive exams. Of that, the static GK part can be prepared easily by focusing on the topics. This static GK portion is not subject to any change. So, it will be easier for aspirants to prepare and score for the exam. Let us discuss the list of important topics to be covered-Static GK for SSC.
Static GK for SSC
Why Static GK is Important?
For the SSC examination, the GK portion will be asked for 50 marks. And the candidates have to answer 25 questions. One-fourth of the total mark is for the GK/GA section. Of these, 14-20 marks will be from static GK. So, learning this will help the candidate to score more in the examination. Also, this will aid in their interview session too.
How to prepare?
Aspirants should start preparation of the GA/Gk portion along with the main topics. A static GK book can be kept for the same. Otherwise, tune to Entri App. All the topic-wise notes can be downloaded. And can practice short quizzes on a daily basis. Attempting questions daily will help to improvise your memory on a specific topic.
Topics To Be Covered
- General Science
- Indian Culture
- Art and Culture
- Environment-related GK
- Awards and Recognition
- Government Schemes
- Important Dates and Days
- Indian Parliament
- Famous Books and Authors
- State Animals, Birds, and Symbols
- Nobel Prize
General Science (Science in Everyday Life)
Physics-Motion, Laws of Motion, Heat, Sound and Light, Energy, Wave, and Electricity.
Chemistry-Different forms of Matter, Substance, and Properties, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Names, Gases, and its properties, SI units,
Biology– Human Body, Nutrition, Food Chain and Food Web, Important Inventions and Inventors, Instruments, Genetic Engineering Technology, Micro-organisms- Bacteria, Viruses, and Protozoa
Civilizations-Harappan Civilization, And other related facts, Vedic Culture, Ancient Buildings and Monuments, Kings and chronology.
Freedom fighters, Important Leaders, Movements.
The Indian States, Capitals Union Territories
Land, Climate, Neighboring Countries, Mountains, Lakes, and Rivers.
Indian Constitution, Amendments, CAG, Supreme Court, State Legislature, fundamental Duties, and Rights. Languages, Currency, Governor and other positions
Budget and related facts, Terminology, National Income, GDP.
Different Five-year plans, Important personalities, Institutions like SEBI.
Awards and Honors in India.
Important Days and Dates, Politics- Government, Cabinet Ministers, Schemes, Nobel Prizes, Books and Authors, Census, Elections, Environment, National Parks, Sanctuaries, Dance forms, River-side Cities, National Highways, UNESCO Heritage Sites in India, Ramsar Sites. Exercises of the Indian Army.
World Facts- Countries and Capitals, Currencies, Sports Achievements, Venues of different summits and conferences, Organizations, and Headquarters.
GK Notes for SSC Exam 2022
- Dams and Reservoirs
- Scientific Names of Animals
- National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries
- United Nation Agencies
- Important minerals
- Sports Cups and Trophies
- Rivers and their Tributaries
- Mountain Ranges
- Famous Inventions and Inventors
- Sports Organisations and their Headquarters
- Intelligence/Detective Agencies of the World
- Important Military Exercises
- List of Central Banks in the World 2022
- List of Gallantry Awards of Indian Army
- List of Military Operations
- List of India’s Missiles
- Largest Cities in the World by Population
- Highest Waterfall in India
- Highest Peak in India
- List National Highway in India
- List of IPL Winners
- List of Prime Ministers of India
- Languages of India
- List of Famous Books and Authors
- List of RBI Governors
- Types of irrigation in India
- Important Terminologies in Sports and Games
- Folk Dances of India
- List of Important zoos in India
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana (RGSA) Scheme
- List of All Schemes of Indian Government
- Women Empowerment Schemes in India
- Rural Development Schemes In India
- History of Computer
- Types of Computer
- Basic Components of Computer and their Functions
- Important Computer Terminologies
- Computer Virus
- Computer Hardware and Software Questions and Answers
- Computer Input and Output Devices
- List of Computer Shortcut Keys
Indian Polity Notes
- Constitution of India
- The preamble to the constitution
- What are the salient features of our Constitution?
- Human rights charter
- Difference between State executive and State Legislature assembly
- Indian Parliament
- Local government – Meaning, Types, Example
- Judiciary in India 2022
- Right to information Act 2005
- Revolt of 1857
- CAG of India 2022- List, Duties, Functions
Static GK for SSC-Online Quiz
1. World Red Cross Day is celebrated on
A) 18th May
B) 8th March
C) 8th May
D) 18th March
2. Dance form practiced by Buddhist Community in Himachal Pradesh?
3. Entomology is the study of
4. The rank of India in Global Peace Index 2019?
5. Who is the author of the book “The Men Who Killed Gandhi”?
A) Rajshekhar Basu
B) Sashi Tharoor
C) Manohar Malgonkar
D) R. K. Narayan
6. Which is the longest national highway in India?
A) National Highway 47
B) National Highway 44
C) National Highway 28
D) National Highway 53
7. The somatosensory receptors in human being detect ______________?
8. Air expands when it is
C) under pressure
D) becomes more humid
9. Sitara Devi is associated with
A) Manipuri Dance
B) Kathak Dance
C) Garba Dance
D) Hindustani Vocal
10. Who gave the title Raja to Ranjit Singh?
A) Lord Lake
C) Zaman Shah
D) King of Kashmir
If you are planning to crack the upcoming SSC exam, then make sure to prepare with the right study guide. Mostly, the candidates who prepare for the government exams tend to say that there is no complete guide for the authentic preparation of SSC exams. But here is a wonderful chance to get the complete preparation guide, PDF notes, updated study materials, video lesson and mock test for frequent evaluation. Download Entri App and answer the daily quizzes, mock tests and sample questions. Learn new topics from the expert guidance and read, learn and relearn with the exam oriented study materials Don’t miss this chance, Gk is really important for all government exams, especially SSC, so download Entri App now!