In November 2020, Kerala PSC has invited the applications from electrical engineering graduates towards the Assistant Electrical Inspector Posts. PSC will conduct a single-stage written exam followed by the document verification to select eligible candidates. Selected candidates can start in this Gazetted rank post in the pay scale of Rs. 39500-Rs. 83000. The last recruitment was in 2016, and 93 candidates got the advice memo from that rank list. With the cut-off marks 51.33, and few seats the competition is tough. Comparing to other Kerala PSC Electrical graduates positions, like Assistant Engineer this post gives candidates a high level of technical exposure. These factors make this position desirable among the applicants. Since the notification is out, we can expect the exams within the next 01 year. So let’s discuss how to prepare for Assistant Electrical Inspector Exam.
How to prepare for Assistant Electrical Inspector Exam
For the last couple of years, in Kerala PSC recruitment tests for the Technical exams (like Assistant Engineer), the questions are entirely based on their professional subjects. So if you are aspirant for Assistant Electrical Inspector, all you need to do is go back to your graduation days and study like you are preparing for exams like GATE. The questions will be of a basic level, all you need to do is clear your basics. Even the numerical asked in the PSC exams can be solved by using direct formulas. If you are preparing for this exam, you can appear for other tests which have similar syllabus like:
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) in KSEB, PWD, Travancore Titanium Products Ltd, KTDC, United Electricals Ltd, Plantation Corporation, Harbour, etc
- Lecturer in Polytechnic Colleges (Electrical Engineering)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) in PSU
- Other State PSC’s Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
The exam pattern for Assistant Electrical Inspector is:
- Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Exam Duration: 01 hours 15 minutes
- Syllabus: Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems, Basic Electrical Engineering, Basic Electronics Engineering, Electrical Measurements, Electromagnetic Theory, Analog and Digital Electronics, Microprocessor, etc.
Preparation Tips for Assistant Electrical Inspector 2020
The previous year (2014)pattern for the exam is:
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Signals and Systems||2|
|Electrical Measurements and Instruments||6|
|Illumination and Traction||4|
Among them 40 questions were numerical.
- Before beginning your preparations, download the syllabus and previous year question papers. They will help you make a study plan/ time table. Click Here
- Make sure to collect study materials before starting your preparations. If your basics are clear, no need to join any classes, otherwise find the best tutors and invest in your future.
- Clear your doubts with your friends or tutors on time. If you are facing difficulty in any topic, take expert guidance and do timely preparation.
- As you progress, make sure to attempt the mock tests. Mock tests will guide you for time management and understand the question pattern.
- While solving mock papers, try to focus on speed as well as accuracy. For this, you need to take as many mock exams as possible before the actual test.
- Give more focus on topics like Electrical Machines, Power Systems, and Control Systems.
- Memorize all the important formulas and short tricks for the questions.
- Solve previous year question papers. Solve other Assistant Electrical Engineering recruitments question papers too.
- Due to the vastness of the syllabus, it is impossible to read and revise everything from various textbooks During the revision referring to more than one book will eat up a lot of your time. So, to save you time to make your own notes and revise the topics using them.
To ease your preparation Entri is bringing you, a comprehensive course for Assistant Electrical Inspector. Our online classes will begin from December 15, 2020, onwards. We will provide you with mock tests, live classes, unlimited doubt clarification platform, and mentorship. With our tailored study plan, we will cover the whole syllabus in a very short span. No need to worry about the question papers and study materials we will provide you with everything required for the test. You can use this same course and materials for other Electrical Engineering tests too. Instant access to unlimited live & recorded classes from India’s best educators.
For more details, download the Entri app or contact us.
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.