A job in Kerala State Electricity Board is a dream to many electrical engineering graduates from the state. Through various recruitments, PSC hires hundreds of graduates to KSEB. Among them, Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer recruitment is one of the best option available for electrical graduates to start their career in KSEB. With good basic pay along with other allowances, one can earn up to Rs.27000/ per month during their initial days with KSEB. Let’s check the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer, KSEB Salary structure in detail.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer KSEB Salary
The last pay revision for the KSEB employees was in 2016. The revision of Pay and allowances apply only to Officers in the regular service of the Kerala State Electricity Board Limited (KSEBL). Along with the basic pay, the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineers are entitled to allowances like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Travel Allowances, PF, Insurance, etc.
The salary break-up for the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer in KSEB is:
- The revised pay scale of Assistant Engineer KSEB is 40975-1605/1-42580-1745/6-53050-2085/8- 69730-2380/5-81630 (20 years).
- They also get the cader pay of Rs.400/ per month. The Cadre pay will be calculated as part of pay having eligibility for DA, HRA, other allowances and pensionary benefits.
- The revised scale of pay of 2018 has been formulated after merging the full Dearness Allowance of 30%
as on 01.07.2018 with the Basic Pay. That is, 287.17 points of AICPI (IW) (2001=100) has been neutralised and 287.17 points of AICPI (IW) shall be taken as the Index Factor for calculating further Dearness Allowance with effect from 01.01.2019. TDearness Allowance will be revised during January and July of every year.
- Weightage for the past service in the KSEBL will be allowed at the rate of 0.6 % (Zero
Point Six Percentage) of the basic pay in the pre-revised scale for each completed year of service as of 30.06.2013, subject to a maximum of 15 % (Fifteen Percentage). The minimum amount of weightage will be Rs.175/.
- An assured fitment benefit of Rs.2250/- (Rupees Two thousand two hundred and fifty only) or 12 % of the Basic Pay in the pre-revised scale, whichever is higher.
Attempt Free Kerala PSC Previous Year Question Papers
KSEB Salary: HRA
House Rent Allowance will be given at the revised rates as given below:
|SL No||Classification of Cities||Percentage of
- Class A: The Corporation limits of the cities of Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kochi, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur, and in addition, offices situated at the Forest Complex, Mathottam, Kozhikode and offices situated within a radius of 3 kilometres from Civil Station, Kakkanad.
- Class B: The Municipalities at District Headquarters.
- Class C: All Municipalities other than those at District Headquarters.
- Class D: All Panchayaths.
Attempt a free mock test to ace your Kerala PSC 2021 preparation
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming PSC tests. Start your KSEB Assistant Engineer 2021 Preparation today itself. Attempt our free mock tests, and analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Discussion about this post