Junior Instructor post in Kerala Public Service Commission is one of the job which has many applicants. Various departments of Kerala State Government needs applicants to the Junior Instructor post, some of them are: Junior Instructor Fitter, Electrician, Fashion Technology, Information Communication Technology System Maintenance, Turner, MRC-Industrial Training, Carpenter, Machinist, etc. In this article Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Previous Questions, you can try some of the previous year question papers.
Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Previous Questions
Here you can attempt some of the questions of Kerala PSC Junior Instructor of various exam. The questions will be objective type, you will be given four options and select the most appropriate answer from it. For each correct answer 1 mark will be added. 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. The exam pattern is same as all exams of Kerala PSC exam.
Junior Instructor – Electrician
- In automobile electrical system, where alternators are used as power source, the negative terminal is earthed, because
A: to reduce corrosion
B: to prevent damage to rectifiers and transistors
C: to avoid electric shock
D: to avoid damage to alternator
- Magnetic over load relays operate faster than bi-metallic relays, because magnetic over load relays operate on
A: current intensity
B: voltage intensity
C: thermal intensity
D: power factor
- 3 phase squirrel cage induction motors with high slip, high starting torque and relatively low starting current are comes under the class of
A: Class D motors
B: Class C motors
C: Class B motors
D: Class A motors
- Measuring instruments are classified based on their measuring accuracy. The precision and laboratory measuring devices comes under quality class of
- A triac when tested by an ohm meter will show a lower resistance in the order of 300 ohms between terminals
A: MT 2 positive and G negative
B: MT 1 positive and G negative
C: MT 2 negative and G positive
D: MT 1 positive and MT 2 negative
- _________ is the measure of how much potential difference the insulation layer can withstand without breaking down.
A: Insulation resistance
B: Breakdown voltage
D: Dielectric strength
- The light output of Tin oxide Sodium lamps is in the order of
A: 50 lumens/watt
B: 45 lumens/watt
C: 75 lumens/watt
D: 150 lumens/watt
- The torque of a three phase induction motor is proportional to
A: square root of applied voltage
B: applied voltage
C: square of applied voltage
D:- half of applied voltage
- Tap changing transformers are used for
A: stepping up the voltage
B: stepping down the voltage
C: both stepping up and stepping down the voltage
D: supplying low current for instruments
- Recommended current density for a copper bus bar which is unenclosed should not exceed
A: 165 A/sq. cm
B: 118 A/sq. cm
C: 178 A/sq. cm
D: 135 A/sq. cm
- In which type of winding, a long coil of sufficient length is firs wound and then inserted in one slot and the
reminder of the length is turned and inserted in the adjacent slots?
A: Skein winding
B: Involute coil winding
C: Chain winding
D: Basket winding
- If single phasing occurs during running of a 3 phase induction motor, then
A: the motor may or may not run, will draw large current and the winding may burnout
B: the motor may or may not run, will draw the normal current
C: the motor will run normally
D: the motor will stop
- Buchholz relay operates on
A: oil pressure
B: gas pressure
Questions from Common Paper
- Who is known as ‘Alathoor Swamikal’?
A: Brahmananda Sivayogi
B: Chattampi Swamikal
C: Ayya Vaikundar
D: Kumara Guru
- The author of the work’ Kerala Marx’?
A: Vakkom Maulavi
B: VT Bhattathirippad
D: Swadeshabhimani Ramakrishna Pillai
- Who has been appointed as Kerala’s brand Ambassador for Ayurveda in 2015?
A: Serena Williams
B: Sachin Thendulkar
C: Stefi Graf
D: Saurav Ganguly
- What is the theme raised by UNO in connection with the 2015 World Population Day?
A: Investing in young people
B: Vulnerable population in Emergencies
C: Focus is on Adolescent pregnancy
D: Fight poverty: Educate Girls
- How many Malayalees got Njanapeedam Award till 2014?
- Excise duty is a tax levied on the ………….?
A: Import of goods
B: Export of goods
C: Sale of goods
D: Production of goods
- The first vice chairman of NITI Aayog?
A: Arvind Panagaria
B: Narendra Modi
C: Arun Jaitley
D: Arun Shourie
- The pass at the southern part of the Nilgiri Hills in South India is………..?
A: Thamarasseri Pass
B: The Palaghat Gap
C: The Bolan Pass
D: Shenkottai Pass
- Who presided the first meeting of INC at Bombay?
A: Badaruddin Tyabji
B: Dadabhai Naoroji
C: Gopalakrishna Gokhale
D: W.C. Banerjee
- Lala Lajpat Rai died as a result of injuries during the protest against the visit of …….?
A: Prince of Wales
B: Crips Mission
C: Simon Commission
D: Queen Victoria
- Who is known as Abraham Lincoln of Kerala?
A: Dr Palpu
C: Pandit Karuppan
D: Sreenarayana Guru
- International day of UN Peacekeepers?
A: May 25
B: June 14
C: July 11
- According to World economic Forum report 2015, which is the biggest employer in the world?
A: US Defence Department
B: Indian Railway
C: Indian Army
D: Chinese Army
- Who has been chosen for Columbia’s highest civilian award in 2015?
A: Sri Sathya Sai Baba
B: Matha Amrutananda Mayi
C: Sri Sri Ravisankar
D: Sushama Swaraj
- Which of the following river has its source near the Manasarovar Lake?
- The most fertile region of India is?
A: The Deccan Plateau
B: The Himalayan area
C: The Central Highlands
D: The Indo-Gangetic Plain
- ‘Kanneerum Kinavum’ is associated with…?
A: Mannath Padmanabhan
B: V.T Bhatathirippad
C: K. Kelappan
- The place ‘Eraviperoor’ is connected with?
- The first martyr of the Revolt of 1857 ?
A: Rani Laxmi Bhai
B: Mangal Pandey
D: Nana Saheb
Download Entri app and attempt more questions on KPSC Junior Instructor Previous Year. Study with Enri and grab your Government job easily! Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants!