Table of Contents
Kerala State Electricity Board Limited-KSEB released an official notification about the KSEB Recruitment 2022 on their website. Candidates can apply through the official applying website of Kerala PSC which is, https://thulasi.psc.kerala.gov.in/.
Eligibility Criteria for KSEB Sub Engineer 2022
Kerala PSC Sub Engineer Notification 2022 specifies the following Educational Qualifications:
- Candidates should pass in the 10th class or Equivalent
- Applicant should pass in 3 Year regular or Part-time Diploma in Electrical or Electrical & Electronics Engineering recognized by AICTE.
The candidates should have Age Limit between 18 years to 36 years to apply for this recruitment. And the age relaxations are applicable as per the rules and Regulations.
- The Minimum Age is 18 Years.
- The Maximum Age is 36 Years.
KSEB Sub Engineer Syllabus 2022
PART I: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Electrical Circuits and Networks
Electric current, Voltage, Resistance- Definition and units, Laws of resistance- Sp: resistance Conductance and Conductivity, Effect of temperature on resistance- Temp. coefficient.
D. C. Circuits- Ohms law- series, parallel, series- parallel circuits.
Network theorems- Kirchoffs Law, Super position theorem, Thevenins theorem, Norton
theorem- Electric power and Energy in DC circuits, their units etc.
Heating effect of electric current- Joules law
Static electricity- Absolute and relative permittivity of a medium, Dielectric constant- Laws of electrostatics
Electric field, Field strength, Electrostatic Induction- Electric flux density- potential and potential difference- potential of a charged sphere- Equipotential surfaces, Potential gradient. Breakdown voltage and dielectric strength.
Capacitor and Capacitance- Capacitance of an isolated sphere, spherical capacitor and parallel plate capacitor, variable capacitors, capacitors in series and parallel, Energy stored in a capacitor.
Faradays Laws of Electrolysis, Electroplating, primary and secondary cells, comparison of lead acid and alkaline cells, Initial charging and commissioning of new batteries, Charging methods, Ampere hour, and Watt hour efficiencies, Galvanizing and Anodizing, Extraction of zinc and aluminium, field application of Electrolysis.
Relation between flux density and magnetizing force, B. H. curve, Methods of magnetization
Force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field- Magnetizing force of a long straight conductor, long solenoid.
Magnetic circuit- magnetomotive force, reluctance, Ampereturns, Permeanence, Reluctivity
Comparison of magnetic and electrical circuits- Faradays laws of electromagnetic inductiondirection of induced emf and current, statically and dynamically induced emf. Expression for dynamically and statically induced emf, self and mutual inductance, Coefficient of coupling, Energy stored in a magnetic field
KSEB Sub Engineer Selection Procedure 2022
The 2022 selection process is no different from the KSEB Sub Engineer selection process 2021.
According to the Kerala PSC KSEB Sub Engineer 2022 –
- The selection process will be done based on the direct recruitment
- In case a large number of candidates apply for this vacancy then officials will conduct the examination.
- For more detailed information see the official notification.
How to apply for KSEB Recruitment 2022
The candidate should do the one-time registration on Kerala PSC to apply for this post.
- Log in to the candidate profile through the Kerala PSC thulasi website.
- Search the category no of the post which is: 553/2021
- Click on the apply now button.
- Fill in the details like Name (as in the photograph), date etc. Do it as they instruct you to.
- Read the instructions and click on the dialogue box.
- Preview and submit the application form.
- Download and print out the Application form for further use
Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. One will get revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes. You will be provided with an online platform to prepare for the exam. It also gives you access to clarify your doubts. You can download the app free of cost and join the class.