Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has the official notification for the post of Indian Forest Service (IFS) Prelims 2021 through official website. Candidates who were preparing for the UPSC IFS 2021 can apply for the post till 24th March 2021. A total 110 vacancies are announced in this recruitment. The Prelims exam will be conducted on 27th June 2021. In this article UPSC IFS Prelims 2021 Notification – Apply for 110 Vacancies @upsc.gov.in, the details like selection process, eligibility criteria, apply online, etc.
UPSC IFS Prelims 2021 Notification – Apply for 110 Vacancies @upsc.gov.in
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has published notification for the recruitment of efficient and wise candidates for the post of Indian Forest Service 2021 vacancy through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021. Interested candidates can apply for the post through official website of UPSC until 24th March 2021. The selected candidates will be appointed to 110 vacant positions.
UPSC IFS Prelims 2021 Notification
|Name of the post||Indian Forest Service (IFS)|
|Last Date of Submission||24th March 2021|
|Number of vacancies||110|
|Prelims exam date||27th June 2021|
UPSC IFS Prelims 2021
|Last Date to Apply Online||24-03-2021 till 18.00 Hours|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee (Pay-in-Slip)||23-03-2021 at 23:59 Hours|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee (Online)||24-03-2021 till 18.00 hours|
|Dates for withdrawing of online Applications||31-03-2021 to 06-04-2021 till 6.00 PM|
|Date for Prelims Exam||27-06-2021|
|Dates for Mains Exam||November 2021 (tentatively)|
Eligibility Criteria of UPSC IFS Prelims 2021
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
UPSC IFS 2021 Selection Process
As the part of Civil Services Indian Forest Service 2021 selection process, the applicants are required to go through Preliminary examination and Main Examination. The preliminary exam will be Objective in type and the Mains Exam consists of a Written examination and an Interview Process.
UPSC IFS (Indian Forest Services) 2021 Exam Pattern
- The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates will not be calculated in the Final Merit List, it is considered as the screening rank list.
- The Main Examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
- The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type.
- The final interview will carry 300 marks.
- And thus the marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (both written and interview) would determine their final ranking.
Number of attempts
Candidates can attempt the examination several times, they details are given below:
|Category||Total Number of attempts|
|General Candidates||6 attempts|
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates||No restrictions|
|Other Backward Class||9 attempts|
|Physically Handicapped||9 attempts for general candidates and no such restriction for SC/ ST candidates|
Apply for UPSC IFS Prelims 2021
- Visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
- Search for the official notification in the What’s New section.
- Read the notification and understand well.
- Then move on to application procedure: Click on the https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php.
- There you can see Two Parts of Registration.
- Go for Part 1 first and then Part 2.
- Fill the spaces with Essential details.
- Pay the application fee (If applicable).
- Finally take copy of your application form for future reference.
UPSC IFS (Indian Forest Services) 2021 Application Fee
- Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates – No Fee
- All Others – Rs.100/
Subscribe to Entri and study for upcoming exams in India. Learn with Entri app and start you exam preparations for upcoming exams in UPSC, State PSC, SSC, RRB, Railway, Other Government exams, Banking, etc.
|UPSC IFS Exam Information Links|
|UPSC IFS Syllabus||UPSC IFS Mock Test|
|UPSC IFS Exam Date||UPSC IFS Video Course|
|UPSC IFS Application Form||UPSC IFS Study Materials|
|UPSC IFS Vacancy||UPSC IFS Interview Questions|
|UPSC IFS Admit Card||UPSC IFS Job Profile|
|UPSC IFS Study Plan||UPSC IFS Salary|
|UPSC IFS Previous Question Papers|
|UPSC IFS Best Books||UPSC IFS Result|
|UPSC IFS Eligibility Criteria||UPSC IFS Cutoff|
|UPSC IFS Selection Process||UPSC IFS Exam Analysis|
|UPSC IFS Answer Key|
Discussion about this post