Table of Contents
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- Social-economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives.
- Geography of India with a focus on Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and logical interpretation.
- Data Analysis: Tabulation of data Visual representation of data Basic data analysis(Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode and variance) and Interpretation.
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political and legal implications/problems.
SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-historic Cultures – The Satavahanas, The Ikshvakus – Socio-Economic and Religious conditions – Literature, Art and Architecture – The Vishnukundins, The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi, Telugu Cholas– Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Literature, Art and Architecture.
- Various Major and Minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D. Socio-Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th centuries A.D, Social Structure, Caste System, Status of Women.
- Growth of Telugu Language, Literature, Art, Architecture, and Painting.
- Advent of Europeans- Trade centers- Andhra under the Company– 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movements- Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists– Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements.
- Growth of Nationalist Poetry, Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu, and Women Participation.
- Origin and growth of Andhra Movement- Role of Andhra Mahasabha’s- Prominent
- Leaders- Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953. Role of Press and News Papers in the Andhra Movement. Role of Library Movement and Folk & Tribal Culture.
- Events leading to the formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and Its Recommendations – Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956 and 2014.
- Nature of the Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship – Fundamental Duties, Distinctive features – Unitary and Federal.
- Structure and functions of Indian Government- Legislative, Executive and Judiciary-Types of Legislatures- Unicameral, Bicameral- Executive – Parliamentary, Judiciary- Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
- Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial relations between the Union and the States–Powers and the Functions of Constitutional Bodies- UPSC, State Public Service Commissions, CAG and Finance Commission, Centre- State relations- Need for Reforms- Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria Commission, M.M. Punchchi Commission – Unitary and Federal features of Indian Constitution.
- Amendment Process to the Constitution – Centralization Vs Decentralization – Community Development Programs- Balwantray Mehta, Ashok Mehta Committees 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
- Indian Political Parties- National, Regional- One Party, Bi-Party, Multi-Party Systems- Regionalism and Sub-Regionalism–Demand for New States – Sri Krishna Committee – National Integration- Threats to Indian Unity.
- Welfare Mechanisms in India-Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes, and Minorities,
- Reservations for SCs, STs and Backward Classes- Prevention of SCs and STs Atrocities
- Act- National and State SCs, STs and BCs Commissions, Women’s Commission,
- National and State Minorities Commissions – Human Rights Commission- RTI- Lokpal and Lok Ayukt.
PLANNING AND ECONOMY
- Indian Economy and present status
- Socio-Economic – Goals and Achievements – New economic reforms in 1991.
- Regulation of the Economy – Creation of regulatory bodies-NITI Aayog- Co
- operative Federalism and decentralization of financial resources – Lack of inclusive
- growth and sustainable development: causes, consequences, and solutions.
- Agricultural policies – Contribution of agriculture to India’s GDP – Issues of
- financing, production, marketing and distribution of agriculture.
- Industrial policies– Main features of industrial development in India – sectoral
- composition – Roles of private and public sectors in employment, productivity –
- Role of IT industries in development.
Resources and Development
- Types of resources – Physical capital and finance capital – Population- size,
- composition and growth–Trends; Occupational Distribution of Work force –Human
- Development Index as a measurement of development. Demographic Dividend.
Money, Banking and Public Finance
- Monetary policy of RBI – Fiscal policy – Objectives – Fiscal Imbalance and Deficit
- Finance –New Foreign Trade Policy. Current account imbalances; FDI.
- Inflation , its causes and remedies; Budget – taxes and non-tax revenue. Goods
- and Service Tax (GST)
- National Income and concepts – Gross Domestic Product – Net Domestic Product,
- Per capita income.
Economic Policies of Andhra Pradesh:
- Socio Economic welfare Programmes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Composition of Population in Andhra Pradesh – Rural – Urban, Sex Ratio, Age
Agriculture and Industrial Growth of Andhra Pradesh
- Contribution of agriculture to income and employment in Andhra Pradesh. Land
- reforms in Andhra Pradesh – Cropping pattern – Irrigation Policy of Andhra Pradesh
- – sources of agricultural finances -agricultural subsidies – public distribution system
- in Andhra Pradesh.
- Industrial Development in Andhra Pradesh – Growth and structure of industries – –
- Incentives to industries – Industrial corridors in and SEZs in Andhra Pradesh –
- Bottlenecks for industrial development – Power projects
Resource Development of Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Budgetary resources and constraints – Fulfillment of the conditions of A.P Bifurcation Act – central assistance and issues of conflict – public debt and projects of external assistance.
- Andhra Pradesh State Gross Domestic Product – Comparison with India and neighboring States.
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY TEST
|Minimum Qualifying Marks|
and Sports persons
|Proficiency in Office Automation
with the usage of Computers and Associated Software
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY TEST
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION (Practical Type): The test shall comprise the following four parts
|Name of the part||Name of the Question to be answered||Marks|
|Part A||Example: Typing a letter/passage/paragraph ( about 100-150 words ) in MS-Word||15|
|Example: Preparation of a Table/Graph in MS-Excel|
|Part C||Example: Preparation of Power Point Presentations/Slides(Two) on MS-Power Point.
|Part D||Example: Creation and manipulation of databases.||05
Note: The candidates shall be given the text/matter in the Question Paper and they must type/reproduce it in the Answer Sheet. The formatting of the text should also be of the same type as given in the Question Paper.
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY TEST: Detailed Syllabus
CONTENTS OF PART-A
|1. Create and save a document using MS WORD
a. Deletion of Character, Word, line, and block of text
b. Undo and redo process
c. Moving, Copying and renaming
2. Format the Text document
a. Character formatting
b. Paragraph formatting
c. Page formatting
3. Spell check the document
a. Finding and Replacing text
b. Bookmarks and Searching for a Bookmarks
c. Checking Spelling and Grammar automatically
d. Checking Spelling and Grammar using Dictionary
4. Print the document
a. Print Preview
b. Print Dialog box
5. Mail Merge in Ms-word
a. Create the main document and data file for mail merging
b. Merging the files
c. From letters using mail merging
d. Mailing labels using mail merging
6. Table creation in Ms-word
a. Create a table in the document
b. Add row, column to a table
c. Changing column width and row height.
d. Merge, split cells of table.
e. Use formulae in tables.
f. sorting data in a table.
g. formatting a table.
7. Ability to type on Qwerty key board of
Computer at a speed of at least equivalent to 30 Words per 1
minute (Lower type writing test).
|CONTENTS OF PART-B
|1. Create and save a new work book in Excel
2. Entering Data into Worksheet
3. Editing data of Worksheet
4. Formatting the text in the cells
5. Formatting the numbers in the cells.
6. Formatting cells.
7. Copying format of cell along with data format.
8. Changing the height and width of cells.
9. Freezing Titles, splitting screen
10. Enter formulae for calculation in the cells.
11. Copying the formula over a range of cells.
12. Inserting built-in functions in to the cells.
13. Create graphs for the data using Chart Wizard.
14. Format graphs in Excel.
15. Printing of worksheet.
|CONTENTS OF PART-C
|1. Create and save a new presentation using MS Power Point
layout of opening screen in Power Point, · tool bars in MS Power Point
2. Choose Auto Layout for a new slide.
3. Insert text and pictures into a blank slide.
4. Insert new slides into the presentation.
5. Apply slide transition effects.
6. Slide show.
7. Set animation to text and pictures in a slide
8. Set the sounds, order and timing for animation.
|CONTENTS OF PART-D
|Creation and manipulation of data bases||10|
|CONTENTS OF PART-E
|1. Browse the Net using Browser software (Internet
Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome etc.,).
2. Search the Web using Search Engines.
3. Create an E-mail account.
4. Send and receive E-mail.
5. E-commerce transactions.
6. Web content uploading.
7. Ability to operate Mac OS / pages / key note/ Numbers.
Now that you are familiar with the APPSC Group 2 syllabus, you can start right away with the preparation. Entri will help you in every step. We have exam-related question bank and mock tests that can be downloaded. Start your preparation today.