Table of Contents
The Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) is all set to release the notification for the Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) examination 2023 soon. It is a good opportunity for all the aspirants who have been preparing to take the KAS exam. The KAS notification will provide all the necessary details about the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and other detailed information. Interested candidates must stay up to date with the latest updates and start their preparations for the exam. The Kerala PSC KAS Notification 2023 is expected to be released soon, so aspirants must stay tuned to not miss out on any essential information. Please have a look for more!
Kerala PSC KAS Recruitment 2023: Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Kerala Administrative Services|
|Name of post||Kerala Administrative Services|
|KAS Notification Date||To be announced|
|Number of vacancies||Anticipated|
|Age Limit||21 – 32 Years|
|KAS Salary||Rs. 40,500 – 89,000/-|
Kerala PSC KAS Previous Question Paper PDF
Click below to download KAS Previous questions pdf for free!
KAS Recruitment 2023: Notification PDF
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) will soon release the official notification for the Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) exam 2023. It is a prestigious examination conducted by the PSC to select talented and qualified candidates for various posts in the Kerala Administrative Services. Candidates who wish to pursue a career in the Kerala Government must clear KAS Exam 2023 to secure a job.
The KAS exam is known for its stringent selection process and high competition. The selection is based on the prelims and mains written test with interviews and other documentary requirements. To qualify for the exam, candidates must possess specific educational qualifications and must fulfill other eligibility criteria set by the Commission. The official notification will provide details regarding examination dates, eligibility, syllabus, important dates, etc. We urge all candidates who are interested in this exam to carefully study the notification and start preparing from now itself. KAS Notification PDF will be updated here once it is officially released!
KAS Recruitment 2023 – Important Dates
Candidates interested in applying for KAS Exam 2023 should keep in mind the important dates for the selection process listed below:
|Notification Release||To be Notified|
|Commencement of online application||To be Notified|
|Last date for online application||To be Notified|
|Admit Card||To be Notified|
|Exam date||To be Notified|
|Result declaration||To be Notified|
Kerala PSC KAS Eligibility Criteria 2023
The Kerala Administrative Service 2023 recruitment is for candidates from three-sections/ streams.
- Stream 1: Direct Appointment
- Stream 2: Direct recruitment from among full members or approved probationers in any Government Departments.
- Stream 3: Direct Recruitment from among candidates holding Ist Gazetted post.
- Stream 1: 21 years – 32 years. Candidates who have born between 02.01.1987 and 01.01.1998 (both dates are included) shall apply for these posts. Age relaxations as per government norms are applicable.
- Stream 2: 21 years – 40 years. Candidates who have born between 02.01.1979 and 01.01.1998 (both dates are included) are eligible to apply for this post. Age relaxations as per government norms are applicable
- Stream 3: Must not have completed 50 years of age on January 01, 2019.
- Stream 1: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university.
- Stream 2: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university and, Must be a Full Member or an approved probationer in any Government Department and must not be an Ist Gazetted Officer or above in the Departments in Schedule-I of KAS Rule 2018.
- Stream 3: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university, and Must have satisfactorily completed probation in any Cadre in Government.
Number of Attempts
The number of times a candidate can take the KPSC KAS Recruitment examination is shown below:
- General Category- 5 attempts
- Scheduled Caste (SC)- No limit
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)- No limit
- CAT-1- No Limit
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)- 7 attempts
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Vacancy 2023
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) will soon release the notification PDF for the KAS 2023 exam. Learners looking forward to the exam can start preparing now as the notification is expected to be released in the next few weeks. The exam will be conducted for various vacancies in Kerala Administrative Department. The vacancies are anticipated. Once the notification is published, we will update the details of the vacancies here. The notification will also provide all the necessary information regarding the examination, including the eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, and more. So, we urge all aspirants to stay tuned to the KPSC website and keep checking for updates.
How to Apply for Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Recruitment 2023
Follow the below instructions to apply
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission.
- Click on the option called Kerala PSC KAS apply online 2023 link.
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- You have to read the guidelines carefully and successfully fill up the application form.
- You have to submit the application form to the concerned authorities and upload all of the documents supporting your claims.
- Successfully, submit the application form and you will be eligible for the entrance examination.
KAS Application Fee 2023
There is no application fee for this post.
KPSC KAS Exam Selection Process 2023
Before applying for the KPSC KAS recruitment, candidates should be familiar with the selection process. The steps of the KPSC KAS Exam Selection Process are as follows.
The preliminary examination is the first stage in the selection process for KPSC KAS recruitment. This test is made up of two objective-type papers. Candidates who pass the Preliminary Examination advance to the next level of the recruiting process, the Mains.
It is a written test consisting of nine papers, all of which are essay/descriptive in nature. Candidates who pass the mains exam will be able to appear in the interview.
Candidates who pass the Mains examination are invited to the interview. The interview serves as a qualifying phase, and the Merit list is announced following the interview. The interview is graded out of a possible 200 points.
Candidates who have passed the interview are invited to the document verification process.
Documents Required for KPSC KAS Recruitment 2023
Document verification is a crucial stage in the KPSC KAS Exam Selection Process recruiting. The following are the documents that must be presented for verification:
- Educational qualification certificates (10th, 12th, and Graduation)
- Caste certificate (If applied under a reserved category)
- Passport size photographs of the candidate.
- Domicile certificate stating candidate is a resident.
Kerala PSC KAS Recruitment 2023: Apply Link
Kerala PSC KAS apply link will be updated here once the notification is released!
List of services in Kerala Administrative Service (KAS)
According to the draft rules proposed b the Government, the Kerala Civil Service Executive Special Rules, Kerala Administrative Service(KAS) officers will be posted across 29 departments in Kerala State Government services including Kerala Secretariat public administration & finance. Recommended departments are :
- Administrative Secretariat
- Finance Secretariat
- Civil Supplies
- Commercial Taxes
- Commissionerate of Entrance Examinations
- Co-operative department
- Industries and Commerce
- State Lotteries
- National Employment Service
- National Savings
- Kerala State Audit
- Land Revenue
- Sainik Welfare
- Social Justice
- State Insurance
- Kerala State land use board
- Rural development
- Scheduled Caste development
- Scheduled Tribe development
- Survey and land records
- General Education
- Urban Affairs
- Common Categories – Administrative Officer, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Officer, Financial Assistant.
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Exam Pattern
KAS Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination shall be in Objective mode only. Both General Studies question papers would be in English.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration||Number of Questions|
|2||Paper-II: Part I General Studies||50||90 minutes||50|
|3||Paper-II: Part II Language
|4||Paper-II: Part II Language
Proficiency in English
KAS Main Examination Exam Pattern
The main examination will be a descriptive type examination containing 3 papers of 100 marks each.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Paper I||100||02 hours|
|3||Paper III||100||02 hours|
Questions of the Main examination will be provided in English while the candidates can write the answers
either in English or in Malayalam.
There will be a face to face interview to judge the mental caliber of the candidates. The interview is for 50 marks.
The selected KAS officers would be on probation for two years. The probationer needs to pass the following tests after he/she gets into service within the predetermined period.
- The Revenue Test
- The Criminal Judicial Test (A candidate who possesses a degree in Law shall not be required to pass the criminal Judicial test).
- Account Test
- Survey Test
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Syllabus Expected
Kerala Administrative Service Paper 1
GENERAL STUDIES -I
- History of India and Kerala- Ancient and Medieval Period
- Modern Period -Modern Indian History (from the 18th century up to the present
- Kerala History from 18th century onwards
- History of the World (from mid 18th century
- Cultural Heritage of Kerala
- Indian Constitution, Public Administration, Political System, Governance, Social Justice and International Relations
- Constitutional Authorities – Powers, Functions and Responsibilities
- India’s Foreign Policy, International Organisations, International Treaties and Forums, their structure, and mandate
- Judiciary in India
- Reasoning, Mental Ability & Simple Arithmetic
- Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of World, India, and Kerala
- Geophysical phenomena like Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanoes, Cyclone, Flood, Landslides.
Kerala Administrative Service Paper 2
GENERAL STUDIES -II
- Economy and Planning- Indian economy on the eve of independence. Indian economy in
the post-reform period – new economic reforms,
- NITI Aayog, National Income, and Per Capita Income, Sectoral Composition (Output and
Employment) – Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. Development under different policy regimes (including Five Year Plans)
- Agriculture Sector, Land Reforms in India, Technological change in Agriculture
- Industrial Policy, Public Sector Enterprises, and their performance, Growth, and pattern of industrialization, Small-scale sector, Productivity in the industrial sector, SEZ and industrialization, foreign
investment and competition policy, e-Commerce, Effects of liberalization on the economy.
- Infrastructure in Indian Economy, Meaning and importance of infrastructure – Water Supply and Sanitation- Energy and Power – Science and Technology – Rural and Urban Infrastructure, Ports,
Roads, Airports, Railways, Telecommunication, Dams, Inland Waterways. Social Impact Assessment.
- Trends and Patterns in the structure of the population over time, Different Indexes.
- Indian Public Finance, Government Budgeting, Indian Tax System, Public Expenditure, Public Debt, Deficit and Subsidies in the Indian Economy.
- Center-State financial relation.
- Recent fiscal and monetary policy issues and their impact,
- The structure of Indian Banking and Non- Banking Financial Institutions and reforms, GST: Concept and
Implications. Stock exchange and share market.
- Trend, Composition, Structure, and direction of India’s foreign trade. India’s Balance of payments situation in the post reforms period.
- The economy of Kerala State-an overview, Population, Major agriculture, Industry, Service sector issues. Infrastructure and resources, Major Developmental Projects, Programmes, and Schemes.
Co-operative Sector. History and relevant policies in traditional industries, IT Sector, Pravasi and Foreign remittance.
- Kerala model development- Programmes, Initiatives, and Impacts.
- Science and Technology
- Nature and Scope of ICT, ICT in day to day life, ICT and industry, ICT, and Governance
- Technology in Space and Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme, ISRO
- Energy requirement and efficiency
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to the environment, its legal aspects, policies, and treaties.
- Biodiversity – its importance and concerns, Climate change, International initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment, Western Ghats, Features, Characteristics, and issues.
- Forest and wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India.
- Environmental Hazards, Pollution, Carbon Emission, Global Warming. National action plans on climate change and Disaster Management.
- Developments in Biotechnology, Green Technology, and Nanotechnology.
- Current Affairs
Language Proficiency – English
- Phrasal Verbs
- Error Correction
- Reported Speech
- Active Voice
- Passive Voice
- Auxiliary Verb
- Question Tag
- Degrees of Comparison
- Idioms and Phrases
- Simple Compound Complex Sentences
- Prepositional Verbs
- Sentence Order.
Language Proficiency – Malayalam
- വിപരീത പദം
- ൈശൈലിക്ള് പഴഞ്ചൊല്ഞ്ചാല്ലുക്ള്
- സ്ത്രീലിംഗം പുല്ലിംഗം
ഘടക് പദം (വാക്യം േചേര്ത്തൊല്ത്തെഴുതുക്)
- ഭരണഭാഷയുമായി ബന്ധപ്പൊല്പ്പെട്ട്
ഒരു ഖണ്ഡിക് നല്കി അതിൊല്ന ആധാരമാക്കി േചോദയങ്ങള്
- ഔദ്യേദയാഗിക് ഭാഷാ പദാവലി, വിപുലനം, സംഗ്രഹം.
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Salary
The Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) shall have officers from the following categories :
- Kerala Administrative Service Officer – Junior Time Scale
- KAS Officer – Senior Time Scale
- KAS Officer – Selection Grade Scale
- Kerala Administrative Service Officer – Super Time Grade Scale
The candidates joining the KAS shall start his/her career in the State service in the Junior Time Scale Grade. The vacant posts under Kerala Administrative Service(KAS) will be divided in the ratio of 6: 5:4:3 among the Junior Time Scale, Senior Time Scale, Selection Grade Scale, and Super Time Grade Scale.
|Position in the State Government Service||Department||Scale of Pay||Number of Posts|
|District Supply Officer||
|State 45800 – 89000||14|
|State 45800 – 89000||70|
|Assistant Commissioner(AA)||State 42500 – 87000||10|
|Assistant Commissioner(Appeals)||State 45800 – 89000||15|
|Assistant Commissioner- I||
State 42500 – 87000
|Assistant Commissioner- II||1|
|Inspecting Assistant Commissioner||
State 45800 – 89000
|Inspecting Assistant Commissioner – IB||2|
|Statistical Officer||State 40500 – 85000||15|
|Finance Officer||Commissioner for Entrance Examination||State 42500 – 87000||1|
|District Development Officer||Scheduled Caste Development
|State 42500 – 87000||10|
|District Development Officer – DG||State 45800 – 89000||4|
|Training Officer||State 42500 – 87000||1|
Scheduled Tribes Development
|Assistant Director – Planning||1|
|Tribal Development Officer||10|
Social Justice Department
|State 45800- 89000||2|
|Assistant Director||State 42500-87000||6|
|District Social Justice Officer||State 40500-85000||14|
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC KAS Previous Questions||Kerala PSC KAS Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC KAS Syllabus||Kerala PSC KAS Video Course|
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Date||Kerala PSC KAS Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC KAS Application Form||Kerala PSC KAS Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC KAS Vacancy||Kerala PSC KAS Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC KAS Admit Card||Kerala PSC KAS Salary|
|Kerala PSC KAS Study Plan||Kerala PSC KAS Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC KAS Best Books||Kerala PSC KAS Result|
|Kerala PSC KAS Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC KAS Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC KAS Selection Process||Kerala PSC KAS Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC KAS Answer Key|