If you are a fresher or someone with less than one year of job experience then apprenticeships are your ideal opportunity to kickstart a new professional journey. If you want to enter or take training for the banking sector can apply for the SBI Apprentice recruitment notification. This apprentice training will provide you with a platform to explore the largest public sector bank in our country. This three-year training will help you to explore more job opportunities across the Indian banking system. The selection process has two stages, the first being a Computer Based Test and the final stage is to test the candidate’s proficiency in the local language of the state to which he/ she is applying. This year SBI Apprentice 2021 notification is out with 6100 vacant posts. Interested candidates can now apply towards the SBI Apprentice 2021 notification from July 06, 2021, onwards through the SBI official website.
SBI Apprentice Notification 2021
The government of India introduced the apprenticeship under the skill development programme to develop hands-on experience among the Indian youth across various trades. The State Bank of India (SBI) too like many other organizations are inviting applications from eligible graduates below 28 years towards the Apprenticeship program. The selected candidates have to work together with the bank employees in the daily administration of the banking services.
The selected apprentice in the State Bank of India (SBI) T should undergo the training for three years. The apprentices are eligible for a stipend of 70% of semi-skilled labour wages as applicable in the respective states as per the Apprentices Act of Rs.15000 per month whichever is higher. SBI usually invites Apprentice applications as state-wise recruitment. So if you know the local language of the State then you can apply for the SBI apprentice position across India.
SBI Apprentice 2021 Latest Notification PDF
Click here to download SBI Apprentice 2021 official notification
SBI Apprentice 2021 Important Dates
|SBI Apprentice 2021 Notification||July 05, 2021|
|Beginning of the Online Application||July 06, 2021|
|Last date for SBI Apprentice 2021 Online Application||July 26, 2021|
|SBI Apprentice 2021 Online Examination||August 2021|
SBI Apprentice 2021 Vacancy
|7||Andaman Nicobar Island||10||—||—||02||01||07|
|12||Jammu & Kashmir||100||08||11||27||10||44|
SBI Apprentice Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit: Candidates age shall be between 20 years and a maximum of 28 years as of October 31, 2020. The maximum age indicated is for unreserved and EWS candidates. Relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable as per Government of India guidelines for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates.
- Education Qualification: Graduation/ Degree in any stream from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent as of October 31, 2020.
The other essential eligibility criteria include:
- The candidates should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship either in SBI or in any other organization earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the Apprentices Act 1961 as amended.
- Candidates who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of the educational qualifications, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as Apprentices.
The State Bank of India (SBI) shall have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices during and/ or after the completion of the apprenticeship period.
SBI Apprentice 2021 Selection Process
The selection process will be based on an online written examination and a test of the local language.
|SL No||Subject/ Topic||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Maximum Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
|4.||General Knowledge with more emphasis on Financial Awareness||25||25||15 minutes|
- There shall be a negative mark of .25 for every wrong answer. Candidates are required to score minimum percentage marks for the further selection process. For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon. Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be as decided by the Bank. There are no minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects. Merit list will be drawn State wise and category wise.
- You must bring the admit card along with one photo identity proof such as Passport/ Aadhaar/ PAN Card/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/ Identity Card issued by School or College/ Gazetted Officer on the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested Photocopy thereof.
- The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular state should be proficient (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) in the specified local language of that State as mentioned in the notification. The local language test will be conducted as a part of the selection process.
- The engagement of selected apprentices is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank.
SBI Apprentice 2021 Stipend
The stipend for the apprentices in the State bank of India during three years of training is:
- Rs.15000/- per month during 1st year.
- Rs.16500/- per month during 2nd year and
- Rs.19000/- per month during the 3rd year.
SBI Apprentice Syllabus
The syllabus for the SBI Apprentice selection test will have questions from the following five sections:
- General Awareness/ Financial Awareness
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability
- Computer Aptitude
Let us now look at the syllabus of each of these sections in detail:
General Awareness/ Financial Awareness
- Indian Culture, Arts, Monuments, Crafts, etc
- Sports, and Sports Personalities
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of the last 6 months
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- India After Independence
- Overview of the Indian Financial System
- Indian Politics, and Indian Parliament System
- Books, Authors, Awards and Honours
- Indian Geography
- Reserve Bank of India, CAG, Scheduled Banks, Private Banks
- NITI Aayog
- Indian Economy, Five Year Plans
- Indian banking System
- Basic Computer
- Ratio and Proportion
- Number Systems, BODMAS Rule, LCM, HCF
- Mixture and Allegations
- Time and Distance
- Percentages, Averages
- Simple Interest, Compound Interest
- Problems on Trains, Boats and Streams
- Quadratic Equations
- Profit and Loss, Discount
- Mensuration: Area, Volume, Surface Area
- Permutations and Combinations
- Bar, Graphs, Line charts, Tables
- Time and Work Partnership
- Simplification and Approximation
SBI Apprentice Syllabus: Computer Awareness
- History of computers, Modern Day Technology
- Networking and Communication
- Database Basics
- Basics of Hacking, Security Tools, and Viruses
- Basics of Hardware and Software
- Windows Operating System Basics
- Internet Terms and Services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning
- Number Series, Alpha Numeric series
- Verbal Classification
- Seating Arrangements, Direction Sence
- Data Sufficiency
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Artificial Language
- Matching Definitions
- Making Judgments
- Statement and Conclusion
- Theme Detection
- Cause and Effect
- Statement and Argument
General English language
- Antonyms, Homonyms and Synonyms
- Word Formation
- Direct and Indirect speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Improvement
- Spotting Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Word Substitution
- Error Correction
- Fill in the blanks, Cloze Test
- Data Interpretation
- Spelling Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Completion
SBI Apprentice Training Period
Selected candidates have to undergo three years of training under the SBI. The apprentices should be willing to qualify in the examinations of IIBF (JAIIB/CAIIB) during 3 years of apprenticeship engagement in the Bank. SBI will not guarantee any other appointments upon completing the Apprenticeship.
How to Apply for SBI Apprentice Notification?
The steps to complete the SBI Apprentice online application form is:
- Candidates will be required to register themselves online through the following website https://nsdcindia.org/apprenticeship or https://apprenticeshipindia.org or http://bfsissc.com or https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/ careers.
- Once you are registered using any of these portals using, a valid email id, and phone number. Login to the profile and search for the “State Bak of India”, under the Apprenticeship opportunities.
- While filling the application you need to upload the digital copy of your recent passport size coloured photograph and signature.
- The photo for the SBI Apprentice 2021 application should be in the dimensions of 200 x 230 pixels, with size should be between 20 kb–50 kb.
- The signature should be on white paper with a Black Ink pen. The image should be in the dimensions of 140 x 60 pixels with a size should be between 10 kb – 20kb.
- The online application will not be registered unless you upload these two digital copies.
- You can edit the saved data in the application only three times, so make sure to fill the data with the utmost attention.
- The candidate should choose the name of the Centre where he/ she desires to take the written examination.
- The application fees for the SBI Apprentice 2021 is:
|SC/ ST/ PWBD||Nil|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 300|
- Fee can be paid by using debit card/ credit card/internet banking by providing information as asked on the screen.
SBI Apprentice 2021 FAQs
- How many vacancies are in SBI Apprentice 2021 Notification?
- I am in my final year of the graduation degree, am I eligible for SBI Apprentice 2021?
No. You should have completed your graduation as of October 31, 2020, for applying towards the SBI Apprentice 2021.
- Are there any negative marks in the SBI Apprentice 2021 written test?
Yes, 1/4th of the mark assigned for the question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming SBI Apprentice 2021 examinations. Download Entri, to get instant access to hundreds of mock tests, video classes, and study materials.