Here is the golden opportunity for aspirants looking for placements in the Police Department. Kerala Public Service Commission has issued the latest recruitment notification against the post of Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion), Category No. 537/2022, in the Department of Kerala Police. The notification PDF is available online on the official portal of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in. The candidates will be selected through a written test and a physical measurement test. Interested candidates who meet with eligibility criteria can apply for the vacancies till 18th January 2023.
Before applying, each candidate should register via a one-time registration process through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile. Once the registration is over, the exam date will be notified here. Bookmark this article for the Latest updates regarding Kerala PSC Police Constable Recruitment 2023.
Kerala PSC Police Constable Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion)|
|Name of post||Police Constable|
|Number of vacancies||Anticipated Vacancies|
|Last Date to Apply||18 January 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment through the Special Selection Board.|
Kerala Police Constable Official Notification PDF 2023
Analyzing detailed information regarding any job vacancies is essential before applying for any position in which you are interested. Are you interested in Kerala PSC Police Constable Vacancies? Do you want to know the recruitment process in detail? To familiarize themselves with the hiring procedure, interested candidates must read the Kerala PSC Police Constable PDF in its entirety. Click here to download Kerala Police Constable Recruitment 2023 Official notification free pdf
Kerala PSC Police Constable Recruitment 2023 – Important Dates
Candidates interested in applying for Kerala PSC Police Constable Vacancies 2022 should keep in mind the important dates for the selection process listed below:
|Commencement of online application||Started|
|Last date for online application||18 January 2023|
|Endurance Test||Yet to be announced|
|Written Exam||Yet to be announced|
Kerala Police Constable Recruitment 2023 – Application Process
- Candidates should go through the official notification to ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in
- Applicants must first register through One Time Registration.
- Once registration is done, candidates can proceed to apply online. Those who have already registered can skip the registration process.
- Candidates who have Aadhaar card should add Aadhaar card as I.D proof in their profile.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the notification regarding Police Constable recruitment.
- Fill all the details carefully and upload the photo and other required documents. The name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph uploaded should be taken after 31st December 2012. In the case of candidates who are creating a new profile the uploaded photograph must be taken within 6 months. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected.
- Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile.
Kerala Police Constable Application Fee 2023
- There is no application fee for this post.
Kerala Police Constable Recruitment 2023 – Documents Required
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Certificates as proof of age
- Medical certificate for eye sight (Should be from an Ophthalmologist not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon under the Government)
- Medical certificate for physical fitness (Should be obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon)
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Color/ black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Kerala PSC Police Constable Vacancy 2023
The details regarding Kerala PSC Police Constable Vacancy 2023 has listed in the official Notification. If interested check the PDF given below
Selected candidates shall execute a bond to the effect that they will serve in the department for a period of 5 years after completion of training failing which they will have to remit an amount of Rs.5,000/. Every person appointed to Armed Police Batallion shall from the date on which he joins duty after successful completion of pre-service training, be on probation for a total period of 02 years on duty within a continuous period of 03 years.
Kerala Police Constable Eligibility Criteria 2023
Applicants should ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid down by the Commission. Applications of those who do not meet the criteria are bound to be rejected.
Applicants should have passed 12th Grade/ Matriculation or its equivalent from any recognized board. No relaxation in qualification will be allowed for any special category. Applicants who claim equivalent qualification instead of the qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant government order to prove the equivalency at the time of document verification. Failure to do so will lead to the rejection of such qualification.
Applicants must have completed 18 years of age and must not have completed 26 years of age as on 1st January 2022. No relaxation in age will be allowed for any special category
|Vision||Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
Each eye must have full field of vision. Color Blindness, Squint or any morbid conditions of the eyes or lids of either eye shall lead to disqualification.
Applicants should possess the minimum physical standards as prescribed below:
- Height – 168cms
- Weight – 81cms with a minimum expansion of 5cms
Applicants must be free from apparent physical defects like knock-knee, flat foot, varicose veins, bow legs, deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing. No relaxation in physical measurement will be allowed for any special category.
Kerala Police Constable Selection Process 2023
The selection of eligible candidates for the post of Police Constable will be done in three stages:
- Endurance Test (Qualifying Test)
- Written Test/ OMR Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
Endurance Test (Qualifying Test)
All the applicants will have to undergo an endurance test which will be of qualifying nature. The test will be a Road Run of 5km which has to be completed within 25 minutes. Those who fail to complete the run in the prescribed time will be disqualified.
Written Test/ OMR Test
Those who qualify in the endurance test has to undergo a Written Test / OMR Test conducted by the Special Selection Board through KPSC. Marks obtained in the written/ OMR test will be given weightage of 25% in the ranking for the selection process. Candidates should score a minimum qualifying mark prescribed as prescribed by the Board depending on overall performance.
Physical Efficiency Test
On the basis of the marks obtained in Written/ OMR test, a Main list and Supplementary Lists containing sufficient number of candidates eligible for reservation, will be published. All the candidates so enlisted will be called for a Physical Efficiency Test. This test will be given a weightage of 75% in the ranking for selection process.
Physical Measurements of the candidates will be taken prior to the Endurance Test/ Physical Efficiency Test. Those who do not meet the prescribed requirement will not be allowed to participate in the Test. Those who make it to the Ranked list will also be subjected to suitable Medical, Psychological, Behavioral and Attitudinal tests in such manner as may be decided by the Board in which those found unsuitable will be eliminated.
Standard of Physical Efficiency
|Event||One Star||Two Star||Three Star|
|100 Meters run||14 seconds||13 seconds||12 seconds|
|High Jump||132.20cm (4’6)||152.40 Cm (5’)||160 Cm (5’3”)|
|Long Jump||457.20cm (15′)||518.20 cm (17′)||579.10 cm (19′)|
|Putting the shot of
|609.60 cm (20′)||731.50 cm (24′)||853.40 cm (28′)|
|6096 cm (200′)||6558 cm (225′)||8382 cm (275′)|
(Only with hands)
|365.80 cm (12′)||426.20 cm (14′)||487.70 cm (16′)|
|Pull ups or
|8 times||10 times||15 times|
|1500 meters run||5 minutes and
|5 minutes and
Those who achieve One Star standard performance for each item will be awarded 3 marks, Two Star standard will get 5 marks and Three Star Standard will get 6 marks. Those who are able to achieve performance levels 10% better than Three Star Standard in any item will be given a bonus of 1 mark subject to the limit, that the maximum bonus mark awarded will be 2 marks.
Each candidate should qualify at least 5 items in one star standard and get a minimum of 20 marks to qualify the Physical Efficiency competitive test. The total points scored in Physical Efficiency Competitive Test will be used for the other 75% in the weightage. On the basis of the total marks of the Written Test and Physical Efficiency Competitive Test, the final ranked list will be prepared, subject to minimum eligibility as decided by the board.
Those who are selected for pre service training as Trainee Police Constables of Commando Wing, India Reserve Battalion shall undergo training on a prescribed syllabus. The total duration of training of those recruited in India Reserve Battalion will be 18 months, which will be divided into two phases
of 9 months each. Phase I will be the basic training at any of the Training Institutions within the State or at any place outside the State and Phase II will be the attachment to the Army, NSG and other CPMFs where Special training meant for Commandos will be arranged for them.
After the completion of Phase I of the training, an examination will be conducted for the recruits. Those who fail will be liable to be discharged, if they do not clear the test despite two more opportunities
given within one year. The commandos will have to pass Additional Special Training as may be prescribed. Those who complete the training successfully will be appointed as Police Constables (Commando) of India Reserve Battalion.
Kerala PSC Police Constable Salary 2023
This post comes with a handsome pay of Rs. 31100 to Rs. 66800 per month. Trainee Police Constables in Commando Wing, India Reserve Battalion will be paid a monthly stipend equivalent to that of their basic pay during their period of pre service training or as decided by the Government from time to time. The personnel in the Commando Wing will be eligible for such Special Allowance and Special Diet Allowances as may be decided by Government from time to time in addition to their normal Pay and Allowances.
Police Constables will be eligible for promotion to the rank of Head Constable in India Reserve Battalion on completion of 3 years of service and passing the prescribed test. The Constable in the Commando Wing will also be eligible for promotion as Head Constable in the Regular Wing in the India Reserve