Table of Contents
Here is the golden opportunity for aspirants looking for placements in the Police Department. Kerala Public Service Commission issued the latest recruitment notification against the post of Police Constable in the Department of Kerala Police. The notification PDF is available online on the official portal of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in from December 29, 2023 onwards. Interested candidates can check the Kerala Police Notification 2024 PDF to learn about the Eligibility details, selection process, mode of apply and further. Those who meet with eligibility criteria can apply for the vacancies till the last date. The deadline to apply for the post is January 31, 2024. However, before applying, each candidate should register via a one-time registration process through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile. Once the registration is over, the exam date will be notified here. Bookmark this article for the Latest updates regarding Kerala PSC Police Constable Recruitment 2024.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024: Overview
|Name of recruiting organization
|Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)
|Name of department
|Kerala Police Service
|Name of post
|Kerala Police Constable
|Number of vacancies
|Notification Release Date
|December 29, 2023
|Number of vacancies
|December 29, 2023
|Last Date to Apply
|January 31, 2024
|Mode of application
|Mode of recruitment
Kerala PSC Police Constable Recruitment 2024 Notification: Release Date
Kerala PSC announced the recruitment of police constable for the year 2024. The notification for the same will be available on the official website of Kerala PSC from December 29, 2023. The application process for the recruitment starts on the same date and the last date to submit the form is January 31, 2024. In order to apply for the post, applicants need to visit the official website of Kerala PSC and click on the ‘Apply Online’ link provided on the homepage. They should then fill the online form which will include details such as personal, educational and communication details. Once the form is submitted, applicants will receive their application number and can track their application status. Candidates who successfully fill the form will be called for a written test followed by an interview. Candidates who qualify in all the stages will be selected as Police Constable in Kerala. The Notification PDF for the same can be accessed from the official website of Kerala PSC. Hence, all the eligible candidates who are interested in the post of CPO can apply online before the last date to avoid any disappointment. Good luck!
Kerala PSC Police Constable Apply Online 2024
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has announced that applications for the post of Police Constable will open on December 29, 2023, and close on January 31, 2024. This is an excellent opportunity for all those wishing to join the Kerala Police Service. The application process is open to all eligible candidates, and interested persons can apply through the official website of the Kerala PSC.
The details of the vacancies, eligibility criteria, and other information related to the application process are available on the official CPO Notification 2024 PDF. The applicants are advised to visit the website and read the instructions carefully before filling up the online application form. It is also important to note that the last date to submit the application form is January 31, 2024. For more information regarding the application and selection process, the applicants are advised to contact the KPSC Office or check the CPO notification 2024 carefully. Those who are successful in the application process will be called for the physical test, endurance test, and document verification process. This will be followed by the written/online examination. Good luck!
Kerala PSC CPO Apply Online 2024: Check Date
The Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC) declared the recruitment for the position of Police Constable/Civil Police Officer in Kerala. Only male candidates are eligible to apply for the position. The applications are accepted only online through Time Registration from qualified candidates for the recruitment to the aforementioned position in the Kerala Police Service. Candidates can obtain the PDF notification and submit an online application for the recruitment process at the official website https://www.keralapsc.gov.in. The application window opens on December 29, 2023, and the last date to submit the application form is January 31, 2024. Candidates need to register through the Kerala Public Service Commission’s official website per One Time Registration before applying for the position. Candidates who have registered previously can apply using their profile. Find the further details below!
Kerala PSC Police Constable Notification 2024 PDF
If you’re interested in applying for a police constable position with Kerala PSC, it’s crucial to conduct a thorough analysis of all available information. To learn more about the hiring procedure, interested candidates should read the Kerala PSC Police Constable PDF completely. The Notification PDF for Kerala PSC CPO recruitment 2024 published on December 29, 2023. The notification will provide a detailed overview of the CPO Recruitment process in 2024. Interested candidates can check and download the free PDF of the official notification for the Kerala Police Constable Recruitment in 2024 to find out more.
Download the Kerala PSC CPO Notification 2024 PDF from the provided link below!
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024 Application Form
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has recently opened applications for the post of Police Constable in the year 2024. If you are interested in this position, you can now find the application form on the PSC Thulasi website. To apply, you will need to create an account on the website and fill out the application form. Ensure that you follow all guidelines and provide accurate information. Don’t miss the deadline for submitting your application, as late submissions will not be considered. The last date to submit the Kerala PSC Police Constable Reruitment 2024 application form is January 31, 2024.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024 – Important Dates
Candidates interested in applying for Kerala PSC Police Constable Vacancies 2024 should keep in mind the important dates for the selection process listed below:
|Commencement of online application
|December 29, 2023
|Last date for online application
|January 31, 2024
|Yet to be announced
|Yet to be announced
Kerala Police Constable Recruitment 2024: Vacancy
The official Notification contains information about the Kerala PSC CPO Vacancy 2024. For more information, see the PDF provided below.
|Kerala PSC CPO Vacancy 2024
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Find the age limit and educational qualification for Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024
|Kerala KERALA PSC CPO Age Limit Criteria
|Lower Age limit
|Upper Age limit
Kerala PSC Police Constable Educational Qualification
- Candidates seeking to join Kerala Police as Civil Police Officers must meet minimal educational requirements, including completion of a higher secondary school program (12th grade).
Points To be Noted
- Rule 10 (a) (ii) of Part II of the KS&SSR is applicable.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who have failed in the HSE (Plus Two) shall also be considered if sufficient number of qualified candidates are not available to fill up the quota of Police Constables reserved for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes.
- In addition to the qualification specified in the Notification, the qualification declared by Government through executive orders or standing orders, as equivalent to the prescribed educational qualification and the higher qualifications of the notified and prescribed basic qualifications shall be accepted. The Government Order regarding the equivalent qualification/higher qualification shall be produced as and when called for by the Commission
- Each eye must have a full field of vision.
- Colour blindness, squint or any morbid conditions of the eye or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
- Must be free from apparent physical defects like knock-knee, flat foot, Varicose vein, bow legs, deformed hands & limbs, irregular and protruding tooth, defective speech and hearing.
Applicants should possess the minimum physical standards as prescribed below:
- Height – 168 cms
- Weight – 81cms with a minimum expansion of 5cms
- Minimum Height and chest measurement shall be 160 cm and 76 cm respectively for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe communities. The minimum chest expansion of 5 cm shall, however be applicable for them also.
Applicants must be free from apparent physical defects like knock-knee, flat foot, varicose veins, bow legs, deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing. No relaxation in physical measurement will be allowed for any special category.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024: Selection Process
The selection for this post will be made on a Battalion-wise basis. Only candidates appointed to a particular Battalion will be allowed transfer to the District Armed Reserves concerned as shown against the Battalions mentioned above. Please note that the name, age limit, and qualification of this post have been prescribed as per GO(MS) No.16/80/Home dated 17.01.1980 (SRO No.82/80) and GO(P) No.138/2017/Home dated 08.12.2017 (SRO No.787/17). Candidates are not allowed to apply to more than one Battalion in response to this notification. Separate Ranked Lists for each Battalion will be published, and the Ranked list will be valid for one year from the date of finalization. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies reported after the validity period of the previous Ranked List, and that may be reported to the Commission during the validity period of the ranked list. The stages of CPO Selection Process 2024 include;
- Endurance Test (Qualifying Test)
- Written Test/ OMR Test
- Endurance Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Document Verification
Endurance Test (Qualifying Test)
All the applicants will have to undergo an endurance test which will be of qualifying nature. The test will be a Road Run of 5km which has to be completed within 25 minutes. Those who fail to complete the run in the prescribed time will be disqualified.
Written Test/ OMR Test
Those who qualify in the endurance test has to undergo a Written Test / OMR Test conducted by the Special Selection Board through KPSC. Marks obtained in the written/ OMR test will be given weightage of 25% in the ranking for the selection process. Candidates should score a minimum qualifying mark prescribed as prescribed by the Board depending on overall performance.
Physical Efficiency Test
On the basis of the marks obtained in Written/ OMR test, a Main list and Supplementary Lists containing sufficient number of candidates eligible for reservation, will be published. All the candidates so enlisted will be called for a Physical Efficiency Test. This test will be given a weightage of 75% in the ranking for selection process.
Physical Measurements of the candidates will be taken prior to the Endurance Test/ Physical Efficiency Test. Those who do not meet the prescribed requirement will not be allowed to participate in the Test. Those who make it to the Ranked list will also be subjected to suitable Medical, Psychological, Behavioral and Attitudinal tests in such manner as may be decided by the Board in which those found unsuitable will be eliminated.
Standard of Physical Efficiency
|100 Meters run
|152.40 Cm (5’)
|160 Cm (5’3”)
|518.20 cm (17′)
|579.10 cm (19′)
|Putting the shot of
|609.60 cm (20′)
|731.50 cm (24′)
|853.40 cm (28′)
|6096 cm (200′)
|6558 cm (225′)
|8382 cm (275′)
(Only with hands)
|365.80 cm (12′)
|426.20 cm (14′)
|487.70 cm (16′)
|Pull ups or
|1500 meters run
|5 minutes and
|5 minutes and
Those who achieve One Star standard performance for each item will be awarded 3 marks, Two Star standard will get 5 marks and Three Star Standard will get 6 marks. Those who are able to achieve performance levels 10% better than Three Star Standard in any item will be given a bonus of 1 mark subject to the limit, that the maximum bonus mark awarded will be 2 marks.
Each candidate should qualify at least 5 items in one star standard and get a minimum of 20 marks to qualify the Physical Efficiency competitive test. The total points scored in Physical Efficiency Competitive Test will be used for the other 75% in the weightage. On the basis of the total marks of the Written Test and Physical Efficiency Competitive Test, the final ranked list will be prepared, subject to minimum eligibility as decided by the board.
Those who are selected for pre service training as Trainee Police Constables of Commando Wing, India Reserve Battalion shall undergo training on a prescribed syllabus. The total duration of training of those recruited in India Reserve Battalion will be 18 months, which will be divided into two phases of 9 months each. Phase I will be the basic training at any of the Training Institutions within the State or at any place outside the State and Phase II will be the attachment to the Army, NSG and other CPMFs where Special training meant for Commandos will be arranged for them. After the completion of Phase I of the training, an examination will be conducted for the recruits. Those who fail will be liable to be discharged, if they do not clear the test despite two more opportunities given within one year. The commandos will have to pass Additional Special Training as may be prescribed. Those who complete the training successfully will be appointed as Police Constables (Commando) of India Reserve Battalion.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024: Method of Apply
A direct recruiting procedure may be used to submit applications for the Kerala PSC Police Constable vacancy. The Kerala PSC website is where eligible applicants should go to apply. The form must be filled out and submitted by the deadline stated in the notification, or earlier.
Kerala PSC CPO Apply Online 2024: Link
Click on the below link to apply online for the post of Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024: Application Process
- Candidates should go through the official notification to ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in
- Applicants must first register through One Time Registration.
- Once registration is done, candidates can proceed to apply online. Those who have already registered can skip the registration process.
- Candidates who have Aadhaar card should add Aadhaar card as I.D proof in their profile.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the notification regarding Police Constable recruitment.
- Fill all the details carefully and upload the photo and other required documents. The name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph uploaded must be taken within 6 months. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected.
- Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024- Documents Required to Apply
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Certificates as proof of age
- Medical certificate for eye sight (Should be from an Ophthalmologist not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon under the Government)
- Medical certificate for physical fitness (Should be obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon)
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
Kerala Police Constable Application Fee 2024
- There is no application fee for this post.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024: Advice to Upload Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Color/ black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Kerala PSC CPO Recruitment 2024: Instructions to Candidates
Please take note of the following instructions:
1. If there is a difference in the Caste/Community mentioned in the application and the SSLC book, the candidate must present a Gazette Notification along with a Creamy Layer Certificate/Community Certificate during the certificate verification process.
2. Before applying for the post, candidates must read and understand the instructions given in the Notification as Part II, General Conditions. Failure to submit applications in accordance with the terms and conditions laid down in the general conditions may result in rejection.
3. Any candidate who submits applications with fake qualification claims regarding education, experience, etc. will face appropriate disciplinary action as per Rule 22 (1976) of the Kerala Public Service Commission Rules of Procedure. Such candidates may be disqualified from being considered for a particular post, debarred from applying to the Commission either permanently or for any period, their answer scripts or products in a written/practical test may be invalidated, or criminal or other proceedings may be initiated against them. If they have already been appointed, they may face removal or dismissal from office, or any other disciplinary action.
Kerala PSC Police Constable Salary 2024
This post comes with a handsome pay of Rs. 31100 to Rs. 66800 per month. Trainee Police Constables in Commando Wing, India Reserve Battalion will be paid a monthly stipend equivalent to that of their basic pay during their period of pre service training or as decided by the Government from time to time. The personnel in the Commando Wing will be eligible for such Special Allowance and Special Diet Allowances as may be decided by Government from time to time in addition to their normal Pay and Allowances.
Police Constables will be eligible for promotion to the rank of Head Constable in India Reserve Battalion on completion of 3 years of service and passing the prescribed test. The Constable in the Commando Wing will also be eligible for promotion as Head Constable in the Regular Wing in the India Reserve