The Assistant Commercial Tax Officer post comes under Group 2 services of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission. APPSC functions under Article 320 of the Constitution. It recruits candidates to different posts under various government departments. The selection of candidates is done through mandatory written tests and interviews. For certain posts, direct recruitment is also done. The last notification for this post was released on 31/10/2018.
Assistant Commercial Tax Officer: Details
This is an administrative post and is common in the Commercial Tax Subordinate Service Department of different State Governments. It is a first-level field officer and is the procurator for tax reforms bridging between the tax department and the trade community.
Number of Vacancies:04
Number of posts under Commercial Tax Department:1331
The minimum age limit is 18 and a maximum of 42 years. Age relaxations in the upper age limit are given to the eligible candidates accordingly.
Candidate should possess a B.A or B.Sc Degree granted by any University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, Provincial Act or State Act or Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission or any other equivalent qualifications. In some State PSCs, any graduate degree is only required. Knowledge of the official regional language of the state/region is an additional requirement.
Assistant Commercial Tax Officer: Salary
The salary scale for this post ranges between Rs. 28,940- 78,910/-.
This includes a Preliminary Exam, the Mains Exam, and an Interview session. There is negative marking for wrong answers. Each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
Preliminary Exam (150 marks) Syllabus:
- General Studies and Mental Ability.
- Social And Cultural History Of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Constitution.
Planning And Economy.
Mains Exam(450 marks) Syllabus:
- General Studies and Mental Ability
- Social History of Andhra Pradesh – The History of Various Social and Cultural Movements in Andhra Pradesh.
- General Overview Of The Indian Constitution.
- Planning in India and Indian Economy Contemporary Problems and Developments in Rural Society with Special Reference to A.P.
Assistant Commercial Tax Officer: Job Profile
- Monitors the periodical filing of return( monthly, quarterly, annually, final) by dealers and collection of tax, the maintenance of various registers and records related to dealers, and for the approval and issue of statutory forms.
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer maintains individual files for the wards, wherein, inspection report and the action is taken report on subsequent visits are to be retained.
- To ensure that the records are properly stacked so that the files do not get misplaced on various occasions and are returned to the record room as soon as requisite verifications are completed.
- To accompany the inspection teams in order to see that the inspections are done in a responsible and organized manner.
- They are responsible for the compilation of monthly demand, collection and balance statement
- Ensure submission of monthly reports and enforcement reports to the Head Office as per the laid down procedure.
- At present, the task relating to the preparation of the VAT Audit list and follow up action is to be done on priority.
These are some of the facts related to the Assistant Commercial Tax Officer, under Group 2 cadre of APPSC. Why choose this job? Usually, candidates have a doubt regarding this! As always government job has its own advantages of being safe financially and stress-free. Also one can get timely promotions through the departmental tests conducted by the APPSC. Entri, the single platform for various state-level PSC exams and Central government exams can help you in your preparations. Wishing good luck to all aspirants!