Table of Contents
BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) has released the official notification to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Public Sanitary and Waste Management Officer. Candidates who are eligible for the post can apply online through their official website.
BPSC Assistant Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Eligibility 2022 – Overview
|Age||Min: 21 Years
Max: 37 Years
|No. of attempts||Till you satisfy the age limit|
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer exam, candidates must required to check whether they are eligible for the post. Candidates required to be eligible according to the eligibility criteria mentioned in the official exam notification. Recruitment board has set some eligibility criteria like age, qualification, nationality for the candidates applying for the post.
Candidates who are applying for the BPSC ASWMO post must be between the ages 21 and 37 as of August 2021.There will be an age relaxation for candidates based on the category.
|Minimum Age (General)||21 Years|
|Maximum Age (General)||37 Years|
|EBC/BC (Men and Women), Unreserved Women||40 Years|
|SC/ST (Men and Women)||42 Years|
Candidates should hold a graduation degree for attempting the examination. Candidate should be a graduate in either Chemistry or Environment Science. The candidate can also hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree or a B.Tech in Chemistry/Civil/Environmental Science/Public Health Engineering/Biotechnology or Bachelor’s degree in Planning/Architecture from a statutory University.
All Indian citizens can apply for the Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer post.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer 2022 – Application Process
Candidates can apply online for the above post through official website of BPSC. If candidates have any doubts in filling the application form please follow the below given steps.
- Visit the official website onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in.
- Open the online application form submission page.
- Click on apply online link.
- Registration form will appear. Fill all the personal details like address, phone number etc carefully.
- Click the “Submit Registration Form” link.
- Once registered applicants will receive a user name and password to their registered phone number or email.
- Next go to the home page and login using the given username and password.
- Click the application tab on the candidates dashboard.
- Fill all the details in the application form.
- At the end upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Before submitting cross check the filled details.
- Submit the application form. A confirmation page will appear.
- Login again and click Download Filled Application. Download the pdf from and take a print out and keep with you for further use.
- Submit the printed application form with a copy of required documents at the office of the Commission.
Candidates are given a chance to edit the application details after submitting the application form. They can make corrections in the application details within one week of the last date of submission of the application form.
Candidates have to pay the application fee for the respective category.
|SC/ ST candidates of Bihar Domicile||Rs.200/-|
|Women (Reserved/ unreserved candidates of Bihar Domicile)||Rs.200/ –|
|Physically Handicapped candidate||Rs.200/-|
Candidates need to present documents mentioned in the official notification by the BPSC. If the candidates failed to present the documents he/she will be rejected for the application. Candidates must keep the following documents ready for the recruitment.
- Educational qualification certificates
- Date of birth certificate/ Class 10th Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability certificate
- Dependent of Freedom-fighters certificate
- EWS certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Four passport-sized photograph
- Printed copy of the application form.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer 2022 – Exam Pattern
The following table below listed the exam pattern for the post of Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer .There are two compulsory papers for the examination. Questions are of objective type. The examination will be conducted in a single phase followed by document verification. The following table will provide all the information about subjects, number of questions, marks and duration of the examination.
|Subject||Duration||Total questions||Total marks|
|General Study||2 hours||125||100|
|Compulsory Paper- II|
|Solid and Liquid Waste Management||2 hours||125||100|
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer 2022 – Exam Syllabus
- Current National Events
- Indian Constitution
- Important National & International Institutions, Organizations, and fora – their Structures, Mandate,
- Issues of Environmental, Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate changes
- Current International Events.
- Salient features or world physical geography.
- Physical geography of India.
- History of British rules in India and freedom struggle.
- Defence & Indian Armed Forces.
- Scientific Inventions and use of Science.
- Important aspects of Governance, Transparency & Accountability, e-governance, Role of Civil Services in democracy.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, growth, development, and employment, poverty alleviation, resource mobilization, and inflation.
Solid & Liquid Waste Management
Unit – 1
- Types of solid wastes: municipal solid waste, industrial wastes, hazardous wastes, bio medical waste, E- waste. Evolution of Solid Waste Management.
- Solid waste: A consequence of life, Waste generation in a technological society, Material flow and waste generation, The development of solid waste management, integrated solid waste management Planning for integrated waste management, Operation of solid waste management system.
Unit – 2
- Municipal Solid Waste Characteristics, Sold Waste generation, Composition, Determination of composition, Particle size, Heat value, Bulk and material density Types of materials recovered Mechanical Properties, Biodegradability.
Unit – 3
- Collection of Solid Waste, Refuse collection systems- Commercial wastes Transfer stations Collection of recyclable materials Litter and street cleanliness Design of collection system.
Unit – 4
- Solid waste processing treatment and disposal: Biological Process, Composting, Production of bio fertilizers and energy. Thermal Process incineration, gasification, wet oxidation, pyrolysis, palletization and energy production. Waste management through Reduce’ Recycle and Reuse Kitchen waste management. Land site Classification Types and methods. Design Engineering Current issues in Solid Waste Management, exchange, Advanced Oxidation Process Public and private ownership and operations.Role of the solid waste engineering.
Unit – 5
- Waste Management Rules, Regulations and its Compliance’s.
Unit – 6
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Clearances. Site authorization and Consent to Establish and Consent to operate From Pollution Control Board of Bihar.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer 2022 – FAQ’S
1.What is the age limit for the BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer exam?
According to the BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer eligibility criteria the age limit is 21 years to 37 years.
2. How many attempts are allowed for clearing the BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer exam?
The candidates are allowed to make multiple attempts.
3. What is the experience required for the BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary And Waste Management Officer exam?
No previous experience is required by the applicants.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our ENTRI app has got it covered for you. Our team of experts will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enroll yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck