Kerala PSC has announced the exam date for the Junior Instructor Secretarial Practice- English. The exam will be held on 10 June 2021 Thursday. And the admit card will be available to download from 26 May 2021 for those who successfully submit their confirmation on or before 11th April 2021. Candidates who have applied for the exam can now download the Junior Instructor Secretarial Practice Syllabus 2021 PDF.
Junior Instructor Secretarial Practice Notification Highlights
|Name of post||Junior Instructor
Secretarial Practice- English
|Date of Notification||29 December 2018|
|Number of vacancies||01|
|Scale of pay||Rs. 26,500-56,700/-|
|Educational Qualification||Pass in SSLC or its equivalent qualification
National Trade Certificate/ Apprenticeship Certificate in the appropriate Trade
|Method of Recruitment||Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from among SC/ST and ST only)|
|Selection Procedure||Written OMR/ Online Exam, Interview|
|Exam Date||10 June 2021|
Junior Instructor Secretarial Practice: Exam Date and Syllabus
- Exam Date: 10 June 2021 Thursday
- Admit card will be available from 26 May 2021
Syllabus for Junior Instructor Secretarial Practice- English
Module I: Shorthand (English)
- History of Shorthand.
- Importance of Shorthand.
- Different Consonants and their signs.
- Diphthongs, Triphones and Diaphones.
- Formation of outlines.
- Various kinds of S, H
- Alternative forms of R, L, and SH
- SW and SS/SZ circles.
- Loop ST and STR
- Initial Hooks and Final Hooks (R, L, N, F/V, and SHUN hooks)
- Halving and Doubling Principle.
- Prefixes and Suffixes.
- Note-taking techniques.
Module II: Letter Writing
- Simple letter writing.
- Classification of letters.
- Necessary parts of a letter
- Personal Correspondence
- Types of Business Correspondence.
- Types of Official Correspondence.
Module III: Office
- Introduction to Office.
- Importance of Office.
- Departments of Office.
- Office Manager.
- Office Layout.
- Office Environment
- Office Stationery
- Office Forms and Manuals.
Module IV: Inward and Outward Mail
- Handling Inward and Outward mail.
- Mailing Machines and Equipment.
Module V: Office Records and Filing Management
- Kinds of Records and Principles of Recordkeeping.
- Filing – Definition of Filing – Essentials of ideal filing system – Classification and arrangement of files – Different filing system- Centralization and Decentralization of Filing.
Module VI: Office Machines and Equipment
Different types of office Equipment – Communicating Equipment.
Module VII: Office Secretary
Definition – Qualities and Qualification – Types of Secretary- Professional and personal duties and functions of Office Secretary.
Module VIII: Postal Services
- PIN code – Post Card – Registered Letter – Ordinary and Insured Letter – Parcels – Business Reply postcard – VPP – UPC – Speed Post, Courier Services- Post Bag – Post Box – Monetary Services, etc.
- Postal Zones.
Module IX: Application Writing
- Social letters like Informal Letters – Invitation Letters – Congratulation Letters – Thanksgiving Letters – Condolence Letters – Letter to the Editor etc.
- Office correspondence – Notice – Agenda – Minutes- Reports – Circulars and Memorandum. Calendar of Events.
- General Banking Correspondence.
Module X: Computer Operations
- Computer Fundamentals – History of Computers – Applications of Computers – Components of computers.
- Windows Operating System.
- Computer Keyboard Operations
- Micro Soft Word – Features of Word Processing – Components of MS Word screen – Creation of Files and use of various tools – Editing and Formatting – MS Word features – Printing document.
- Computer Speed typing – Speed calculation – Counting errors and calculating speed – Evaluation and marking schemes in speed typing.
- Microsoft Excel – Spreadsheet program – Components of MS Excel -Workbook, Worksheet, and Cell – Entering and Editing data – MS excel Formulas and functions – Excel Charts – Printing workbook.
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Introduction of PPT – Presenting document in PowerPoint – Adding graphics to documents – Creating self-running presentation– Layouts, Themes, and designs – Slide animation – Slide transition – Editing and Printing presentations.
- Network and Internet
- Computer Network – Advantages of Computer Networks – Types of Network – Network Topology – Network Protocols – Networking Components – Web Browser and Mailing System.
- Protection of Computers from threats.
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to the Kerala PSC Examinations 2021. Download and subscribe to Entri App and start practicing the latest mock tests to ace your preparations.