Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Eligibility will be discussed in this article in detail. The Kerala state government had released notification on 30/12/2019 regarding vacancies for the post of Kerala PSC Armed SI. All the candidates interested must apply before the 5th of February 2020. The eligibility criteria for this post are discussed below.Take Free Mock Test on Kerala PSC SI Exam 2020
There are two categories by which the candidates will be appointment for this post:
- Through open market
- Candidates among the Graduate Head Constables, Police Constables and officers of corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance Department
Only the age limits for these two categories are different as far as the eligibility criteria are considered. All the other criteria remain the same for both of these categories.
- Category – I
- 20-31years: Only candidates born between 02.01.1988 and 01.01.1999. (Both dates included).
- Category -II
- 20-36years: Only candidates born between 02.01.1983 and 01.01.1999 (both dates included).
- The Vacancies reported and pending and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the Ranked List published by the Commission in response to this notification will be apportioned among (1) open market and (2) Graduate Head constables, Police Constables and officers of the corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance departments in accordance with the order contained in the G.O(P) No. 6/84/Home dated 18.01.1984.
- If sufficient number of suitable candidates are not available from the Departmental candidates to fill up the quota reserved for them, the deficiency will be made good from Open Market. [As per G.O. (P) No. 6/84/Home dated 18.01.1984].
- The principles of Rules of reservation and rotation prescribed in rules 14 to 17 of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules will not apply for Department Quota. Candidates under this Category will be advised on the basis of merit only.
- The candidate must have completed his Graduation.
- In case of shortage in fully qualified candidates. SC/ST candidates who have passed Pre-degree or equivalent examination will be considered only to fill up the quota reserved for them under Category – I.
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualification shall produce the relevant Government order to prove the validity at the time of verification.
- If the caste/community claimed in application and SSLC book is different, the candidate can produce a Caste certificate issued by the competent revenue authority along with a gazette notification in this regard.
- Physical Standard
- Height should be 167 cm Taller Persons will be given preference.
- Chest Measurement must be 81 cm with minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST Candidates the minimum height and Chest measurements shall be 160 cm, 76 cm respectively.
- Visual Standard
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
- Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
- Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
Ensure that you satisfy all the Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Eligibility criteria before applying for the post.