Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Notification 2020 was released on 30/12/2019. Aspirants can start applying online by logging on to the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (www.keralapsc.gov.in). The last date for online application is 5/02/2020. Candidates should apply through their profile after one time registration. The table below gives a brief overview about the post.
|Department||Name of Post||Pay Scale||Category||Age limit|
|Police (Armed Police Battalion)||Armed Police Sub Inspector (Trainee)||Rs. 32,300 – 68,700/-||(i) Category No…386/2019 : Open Market
|(ii) Category No…387/2019 : From among Graduate Head Constables, Police Constables and officers of corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance Department||20-36 Years|
Eligibility Criteria for the post of Armed Police Sub Inspector
The candidate must have completed his Graduation.
Note: In case of shortage in fully qualified candidates. SC/ST candidates who have passed Pre-degree or equivalent examination will be considered.
The candidate should be physically fit and posses minimum standard as given below.
- Height should be 167 cm (Taller Persons will be given preference.
- Chest Measurement must be 81 cm with minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST Candidates the minimum height and Chest measurements shall be 160 cm, 76 cm respectively.
- Visual Standard
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
- Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms)) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
|Written Test||June – July 2020|
Online Application Procedure
- Log on to the official website keralapsc.gov.in and register yourself before applying for the post.
- After the onetime registration process the candidate shall apply by logging in to their profile using their UserID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the post in the Notification link which the candidate would like to apply for.
- The photograph uploaded should not be taken before 31.12.2010. Name of the candidate and the date on which the photograph was taken should be printed at the bottom.
- The photograph once uploaded as said above shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading of the photograph.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates can view their profile by clicking the link Registration Card of their profile.
- A printout of the same can be taken if needed.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password.
- Ensure the correctness of the information in their profile before the final submission.
- Remember of keep the User-ID safe for further communication with the commission.
- Applications once submitted are provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected without any prior notice.
- Important documents to prove Qualification, experience, community and age need to be produced as and when asked for.
Note: The time for online submission of the Application ends at 12:00 midnight on 5th February 2020 Wednesday. The admission ticket can be downloaded from the official website once the application is accepted. The candidates who have not downloaded the admission ticket will not be allowed to attend the examination.