Kerala PSC had released notification on 30/12/2019 to fill in the vacancies for the post of Armed SI police. Aspirants may apply online by logging on to the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (www.keralapsc.gov.in). The last date for online application is 5/02/2020. Candidates should apply through their profile after one time registration. The table below gives a brief overview about the post. The Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Vacancy is not yet estimated.
|Department||Name of Post||Pay Scale||Category||Age limit|
|Police (Armed Police Battalion)||Armed Police Sub Inspector (Trainee)||Rs. 32,300 – 68,700/-||(i) Category No…386/2019 : Open Market
|(ii) Category No…387/2019 : From among Graduate Head Constables, Police Constables and officers of corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance Department||20-36 Years|
Eligibility Criteria for the post of Armed Police Sub Inspector
The candidate must have completed his Graduation.
Note: In case of shortage in fully qualified candidates. SC/ST candidates who have passed Pre-degree or equivalent examination will be considered.
The candidate should be physically fit and posses minimum standard as given below.
- Height should be 167 cm (Taller Persons will be given preference.
- Chest Measurement must be 81 cm with minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST Candidates the minimum height and Chest measurements shall be 160 cm, 76 cm respectively.
- Visual Standard
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
- Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms)) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
|Written Test||June – July 2020|
Available Vacancies in Kerala PSC Armed SI Recruitment 2020:
There are many vacancies in this Kerala Public Service Commission recruitment 2020 Sub Inspector of Police Civil, Armed SI Jobs.
- Sub Inspector of Police Civil (Male/Female)
- Armed Sub Inspector for Police (Male)
Number of vacancies is yet to be disclosed.
General rulings for filling up Vacancies
- The Ranked List of candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalisation of Ranked List(as per notification No. AV(2) 2376/14/GW dated 04.04.2016. Extra Ordinary gazette dated 15.04.2016).
- Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies reported and pending before the Commission and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list. 5. Method of appointment
- Direct Recruitment
- (i) Category No…386/2019 : Open Market
- (ii) Category No…387/2019 : From among Graduate Head Constables, Police Constables and officers of corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance Department
- The Vacancies reported and pending and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the Ranked List published by the Commission in response to this notification will be apportioned among (1) open market and (2) Graduate Head constables, Police Constables and officers of the corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance departments in accordance with the order contained in the G.O(P) No. 6/84/Home dated 18.01.1984.
- If sufficient number of suitable candidates are not available from the Departmental candidates to fill up the quota reserved for them, the deficiency will be made good from Open Market. [As per G.O. (P) No. 6/84/Home dated 18.01.1984].
- The principles of Rules of reservation and rotation prescribed in rules 14 to 17 of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules will not apply for Department Quota. Candidates under this Category will be advised on the basis of merit only.
- Direct Recruitment