Table of Contents
The notification to the Armed SI post of the Kerala Police department was released on 31st December 2019. And, the last date for submitting the online application was 5th February 2020. Those who have applied for the post will be in search of suitable books for the preparations. A large number of books are available in the open market. So, we are here with the best books for Kerala PSC Armed SI.
Kerala PSC Armed SI: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The candidates are selected through 3 phases:
- Written Test/OMR Test/Online Test
- Physical Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Document verification
Written Test/OMR Test/Online Test
- Time duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Maximum marks: 100
- Penalty for the wrong answer: 1/3 mark
- Medium: English
The subjects to be covered include:
- General English
- General Malayalam
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
- General Science
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Facts About Kerala
- Facts About India
- Constitution of India
- Social Welfare Schemes and Measures
- Information Technology and Cyber Laws
Mark distribution will be as follows:
- General English- 20 marks
- General Malayalam-10 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude and Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning- 20 marks
- General Awareness and Current Affairs: 50 marks
Kerala PSC Armed SI Syllabus
Grammar, Agreement of Subject and Verb, Confusing Adjectives, and Adverbs. Comparison of Adjectives, Correct usage of Articles, Prepositions, Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice, Correction in Sentences.
Vocabulary, Gender, Singular, and Plural, Synonyms, and Antonyms. One-word Substitutes, Problem concerning words, Idioms, and their meanings.
Grammar, Malayalam Literature, and Translation
Numbers, Test of Divisibility, H.C.F and L.C.M, Simplification, Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Interest, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Area, Volume, Calendar, Clocks, Trains, Problems on Age.
Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
Calculation and Logic, Coding and Decoding, Classification, Synonym, and Antonym, Letter and Number Series, Odd Man Out, Analogy, Common Sense Test, Alphabetical Arrangement of Words, Date, and Calendar, Sense of Direction.
Common Scientific Facts, Important Scientific Phenomena, Other basic facts in the field of Science.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Important World, National and Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific fields, Sports, Cinema and Literature, Social Welfare schemes and measures.
Facts About Kerala
Geographical Facts- Physical Features- Climate-Soils- Rivers- Famous Sites
Facts About India
Geography of India, Physical Features, Climate, Soils, Rivers, Famous Sites.
Demography, Economic and Social Development, Poverty Alleviation, Economy, and Planning.
History of India, Period from 1857 to 1947, National Movement.
Constitution of India
Basic Facts, Features, Citizenship, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive PrincipleUnion Government, Legislature, State Executive, Union Territories, Apex Courts, Comptroller and Auditor General, Public Service Commissions and Other Important Offices, Important Amendments.
Rights, Right to Education, Human Rights, Human Rights Commission, Right to Information, Information Commission, Social Audit, Lokayukta, Ombudsman, Women Empowerment- Women’s Commission, Legislation against Child Labour and Atrocities against women and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Information Technology and Cyber Laws
Fundamentals of Computers, Internet, etc and Cyber Laws
Best Books for Armed SI post
- NCERT and SCERT textbooks.
- Indian Polity – Laxmikanth
- PSC Sub Inspector of Police/Excise Inspector Exam- V.V.K.Subburaj
- India after Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha
- Indian Economy -Ramesh Singh
- Struggle for Independence -Bipin Chandra
- Quantitative aptitude -R.S. Agarwal
- Kerala History – E.Sreedhara Menon
- Contemporary Kerala- University of Calicut
- Manorama or Mathrubhumi yearbook
- Thozhil Vartha/ Thozhil Veedhi weekly
- PSC bulletin by Kerala PSC
- Kerlacharithram [19th Edition, October 2019]- Prof. A. Sreedhara Menon
- Books of Talent Academy & Publications
- A Survey of Kerala History- Prof. A. Sreedhara Menon
- Rank files
However, if aspirants find it tedious to read and prepare all these books, also, time-consuming, then the best option is Entri App, the single platform for all topics of Kerala PSC syllabus, detailed classes, shortcuts, mock tests, and previous year question papers.
Other Useful links for Kerala PSC posts:
- LGS Study plan 2022.
- Assistant Jailor Group1 Notification
- Constable free mock tests.
- GK calendar for 2022.
- Monthly current affairs free PDF.
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Notification||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Syllabus||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Video Course|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Exam Date||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Application Form||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Vacancy||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Admit Card||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Salary|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Study Plan||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Result|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Selection Process||Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC Armed Police SI Answer Key|