Candidate’s selection for the post of Armed SI Police will be based on:
- Written Exam
- Physical Tests
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern is discussed below.
Written Exam Pattern for the post of Armed SI 2020
- Exam paper consists of only objective multiple choice questions.
- The paper consists of 100 questions for 100 marks each.
- Duration is 75 minutes.
- The medium of exam is English.
- There will be negative mark for wrong answers, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every mistake.
- The detailed syllabus for the exam is given below.
Detailed Syllabus for the post of Armed SI 2020.
|PART 1||Quantitative Aptitude||
· Numbers-Test of Divisibility
· H.C.F. & L.C.M.
· Ratio & Proportions
· Time & Work
· Time & Distance
· Problems on Age-Etc.
|PART 2||Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning||
· Calculation & Logic
· Coding & Decoding
· Letter & Number Series
· Odd Man Out
· Common Sense Test
· Alphabetical Arrangement of Words
· Date and Calendar
· Sense of Direction-Etc
|PART 3||General Science||
· Common Scientific Facts
· Important Scientific Phenomena
· Basic facts in the field of Science-Etc.
|PART 4||Current Affairs||
· Current affairs Important World
· National Events related to the Political and Scientific fields
· Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific fields
· Sports, Cinema and Literature etc.
|PART 5||Facts About Kerala||
· Geographical Facts
· Physical Features
· Famous Sites– Etc
Renaissance of Kerala
· Important Events/ Movements/Leaders
· Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi
· Chattampi Swami
· Sree Narayana Guru
· Thycaud Ayya
· Ayya Vaikundar
· Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru)
· Pandit Karuppan
· Mannathu Padmanabhan
· Dr. Palpu
· Vakkom Moulavi
· Blessed Kuriakose
· Elias Chavara, Etc
|PART 6||Facts About India||
· Geography of India
· Physical Features Climate
· Famous Sites – Etc.
· Economic and Social Development
· Poverty Alleviation
· Economy and Planning-Etc.
· History of India
· Period from 1857 to 1947
· National Movement Etc.
|PART 7||Constitution of India||
· Basic Facts
· Fundamental Rights & Duties
· Directive Principle
· Union Government
· State Executive
· Union Territories
· Apex Courts
· Comptroller and Auditor
· Public Service Commissions
· Other Important Offices
· Important Amendments- Etc.
|PART 8||General English||
· Agreement of Subject and Verb
· Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
· Comparison of Adjectives
· Correct usage of Articles
· Direct and Indirect Speech
· Active and Passive Voice
· Correction in Sentences-Etc.
· Singular and Plural
· One word Substitutes
· Problem concerning words
· Idioms and their meanings-Etc
|PART 9||Social Welfare Schemes and Measures||
· Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
· Andyodaya Anna Yojana
· Balika Samridhi Yojana
· Bharat Nirman
· Indira Awaas Yojana
· Integrated Child Development Scheme,
· Jawahar Rozgar Yojana
· Mahila Samridhi Yojana
· National Food for Work Programme
· Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana
· Rural Development
· Pradhan Mantri Adharsh Gram Yojana
· Samagra Awaas Yojana
· Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
· Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana
· Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme etc;
|PART 10||Information Technology and Cyber Laws||
· Fundamentals of Computers
· Internet Cyber Laws etc.
NOTE: – Other topics related to this post may also appear in the exam. It is not necessary that each of the topics mentioned above will be covered.
- Physical Measurement
- Height should be 167 cm Taller Persons will be given preference.
- Chest Measurement must be 81 cm with minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST Candidates the minimum height and Chest measurements shall be 160 cm, 76 cm respectively.
- Visual Tests
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
- Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
The candidates who clear both written exam and physical exams will get shortlisted for the Interview and Certificate verification process.