Kerala PSC had released notification on 30/12/2019 for the post of Armed SI police. Aspirants may apply online by logging on to the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (www.keralapsc.gov.in). The last date for online application is 5/02/2020. In this post we will discuss about Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper.
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper: Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must have completed his Graduation.
Note: In case of shortage in fully qualified candidates. SC/ST candidates who have passed Pre-degree or equivalent examination will be considered.
The candidate should be physically fit and posses minimum standard as given below.
- Height should be 167 cm (Taller Persons will be given preference.
- Chest Measurement must be 81 cm with minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST Candidates the minimum height and Chest measurements shall be 160 cm, 76 cm respectively.
- Visual Standard
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
- Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms)) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper: Tentative Dates
|Written Test||June – July 2020|
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper :Written Exam Pattern
- Exam paper consists of only objective multiple choice questions.
- The paper consists of 100 questions for 100 marks each.
- Duration is 75 minutes.
- The medium of exam is English.
- There will be negative mark for wrong answers, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every mistake.
- The detailed syllabus for the exam is given below.
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper: Detailed Syllabus
|PART 1||Quantitative Aptitude||· Numbers-Test of Divisibility
· H.C.F. & L.C.M.
· Ratio & Proportions
· Time & Work
· Time & Distance
· Problems on Age-Etc.
|PART 2||Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning||· Calculation & Logic
· Coding & Decoding
· Letter & Number Series
· Odd Man Out
· Common Sense Test
· Alphabetical Arrangement of Words
· Date and Calendar
· Sense of Direction-Etc
|PART 3||General Science||· Common Scientific Facts
· Important Scientific Phenomena
· Basic facts in the field of Science-Etc.
|PART 4||Current Affairs||· Current affairs Important World
· National Events related to the Political and Scientific fields
· Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific fields
· Sports, Cinema and Literature etc.
|PART 5||Facts About Kerala||· Geographical Facts
· Physical Features
· Famous Sites– Etc
Renaissance of Kerala
· Important Events/ Movements/Leaders
· Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi
· Chattampi Swami
· Sree Narayana Guru
· Thycaud Ayya
· Ayya Vaikundar
· Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru)
· Pandit Karuppan
· Mannathu Padmanabhan
· Dr. Palpu
· Vakkom Moulavi
· Blessed Kuriakose
· Elias Chavara, Etc
|PART 6||Facts About India||· Geography of India
· Physical Features Climate
· Famous Sites – Etc.
· Economic and Social Development
· Poverty Alleviation
· Economy and Planning-Etc.
· History of India
· Period from 1857 to 1947
· National Movement Etc.
|PART 7||Constitution of India||· Basic Facts
· Fundamental Rights & Duties
· Directive Principle
· Union Government
· State Executive
· Union Territories
· Apex Courts
· Comptroller and Auditor
· Public Service Commissions
· Other Important Offices
· Important Amendments- Etc.
|PART 8||General English||· Grammar
· Agreement of Subject and Verb
· Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
· Comparison of Adjectives
· Correct usage of Articles
· Direct and Indirect Speech
· Active and Passive Voice
· Correction in Sentences-Etc.
· Singular and Plural
· One word Substitutes
· Problem concerning words
· Idioms and their meanings-Etc
|PART 9||Social Welfare Schemes and Measures||· Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
· Andyodaya Anna Yojana
· Balika Samridhi Yojana
· Bharat Nirman
· Indira Awaas Yojana
· Integrated Child Development Scheme,
· Jawahar Rozgar Yojana
· Mahila Samridhi Yojana
· National Food for Work Programme
· Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana
· Rural Development
· Pradhan Mantri Adharsh Gram Yojana
· Samagra Awaas Yojana
· Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
· Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana
· Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme etc;
|PART 10||Information Technology and Cyber Laws||· Fundamentals of Computers
· Internet Cyber Laws etc.
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper : Download
Hoping that candidates have already applied for the post, they can start preparing for the written test. Candidates can also go through our detailed study plan to prepare efficiently. Here are some previous question papers for practice.
- Armed SI Previous Year Question Paper 2015
- Armed SI Previous Year Question Paper 2016
- Armed SI Previous Year Question Paper 2017
Also download our mobile based Entri.app for more previous year question papers along with mock tests to clear this exam in first attempt. The app can be downloaded from the google store.
Kerala PSC Armed SI 2020 Previous Year Question Paper : Important links
- Armed SI Notification
- Armed SI Application Procedure
- Armed SI Salary and Job Profile
- Armed SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern