Table of Contents
Education is one of the fundamental human rights for every citizen that is bestowed to all citizens by our own Constitution. The Right to Education entitles every citizen of India to receive formal training from a world-class educational institution from a younger age. Without knowledge, the society we live in cannot progress and develop. Countries that have high rates of literates and educated citizens commonly have higher rates of progress and development. National Educational Day in India has celebrated India every year on November 11. This day is celebrated as a national education day from the year 2008 in memory of Maulana Azad. From that year celebrations are held in the country on that day under the Central Ministry. Here are all the details that you need to know about National Education Day 2023.
National Education Day 2023: Date
National Education Day is celebrated on November 11 of each year. National Education Day falls on a Saturday this year. The first education minister of independent India, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, was born on August 15, 1947, and served as such until February 2, 1958. This day is designated as National Education Day.
On September 11, 2008, the Ministry of Human Resource Development made the following announcement: “The Ministry has decided to commemorate this great son of India’s birthday by remembering his contribution to the cause of education in India.” Commencing in 2008, November 11 will be observed annually as National Education Day, with a holiday designation.” Every educational institution in the nation celebrates the day with lectures, symposiums, writing contests, elocution contests, workshops, and demonstrations featuring placards and catchphrases emphasizing the value of literacy and the commitment of the country to all facets of education. The day is also considered as an opportunity to honor Azad for his role in establishing the framework for India’s education system after independence as well as assessing and enhancing the nation’s current standing in this field.
National Education Day 2023 History
Maulana Azad is one of the most important and prominent figures in the Indian freedom struggle history. He also played a vital role in establishing a well-structured educational policy and institutions across the country. Maulana Azad had high hopes and great vision about the educational system and is the visionary behind the establishment of the University Grants Commission, which is the premier institution in India for graduation studies that provides various educational programs and courses through different study modes.
Maulana Azad was considered a visionary with great ideas and visions for the educational sector of India and was convinced to take the office of Educational minister by Jawaharlal Nehru. He was selected for that role by C. Rajagopalachari and held the title in 1958 until he passed away. During his tenure, he established many institutions of importance like UGC, AICTE [ All India Council for Technical Education], Institute of Higher Education [Kharagpur], University Education Commission, Secondary Education Commission, Jamia Millia Islamia, and IIT Kharagpur.
National Education Day 2023: Significance, Importance
As education is one of the basic fundamental rights entitled for every citizen of India, it is very important to have a literate and educated population for the development and progress of society. Education is one of the primary needs of a person that opens doors to a world of knowledge and opportunities. The government has taken enormous steps to improve the literacy scene in our country through various educational schemes, programs and by establishing institutions providing high-quality education to the masses. The literacy rates in the post-independence era and current figures show a remarkable and drastic improvement. People have realized the importance of education in every person’s life and how it helps in personal growth as well as the growth of society.
National Education Day 2023 Theme
Every year National Educational Day is celebrated in the country on November 11 with a theme. Education is the central theme of celebrating the national educational day. The celebrations are conducted under the central ministry. However, every school sets aside a different series of celebrations to mark the day. Every year the Ministry of HRD sets a plan of events to celebrate the birth anniversary of Maulana Azad and to remember his contributions to the field of education.
Although the central theme is set by the central ministry, different educational institutions adapt their own themes for celebrating National Educational Day. Some of the themes include “Education of women”, “Compulsory universal primary education”, “the importance of vocational education”, “free and fair education for all children till the age of 14” and “making technical education affordable to the masses”.
National Education Day 2023 Quotes
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living differ from the dead.” – Aristotle
- “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact on the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Education is the foundation upon which we build our future.” – Christine Gregoire
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
- “Education is the movement from darkness to light.” – Allan Bloom
- “Live as if you will die tomorrow. Learn like you will live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Education is not just a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future.” – Ed Markey
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
- “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” – Chinese Proverb
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
National Education Day 2023 Quiz
1. Who is the father of National Education Day
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
2. Whose birth anniversary is observed as National Education Day in India?
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
3. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad became president of INC in ?
4. What was Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s age when he became the President of Indian National Congress?
5. Which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) was founded by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his initiative in 1951?
6. When was Maulana Abul Kalam Azad honoured with Bharat Ratna?
7. Which Urdu newspaper did Maulana Abul Kalam Azad find?
8. What was the pen name of Maulana Abul Kalam ?
9. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad founded which university?
Jamia Millia Islamia at Aligarh
10. What is the name of the autobiography of Maulana Abdul kalam Azad?
India Wins Freedom
Entri wishes you a Happy Education Day and let’s spread the value of education and help in the progress of the country by building an educated population.