Table of Contents
The National Productivity Day is observed every year in India on February 12. The formation of National Productivity Council is being celebrated every year all over the country by commemorating 12th February as Productivity Day. The objective of National Productivity Council is stimulating and promoting productivity and quality consciousness across all sectors in the country. In this article, we have given details on National Productivity Day 2022 – theme, objectives and important quotes.
Theme of National Productivity Day 2022
Every year national productivity day is conducted with a theme. The theme of National Productivity Day 2019 was “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”. The theme of 2022 is yet to be announced.
National Productivity Council (NPC)
NPC is national level organization to promote productivity culture in India. National Productivity Council is an autonomous registered society under Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.The National Productivity Council was established in the year 1958.
National Productivity Council is a constituent of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an Intergovernmental Body, of which the Government of India is a founder member.
The headquarter of National Productivity Council is New Delhi. The current director general of NPC is Sh. Arun Kumar Jha, IES.
Besides undertaking research in the area of productivity, NPC has been providing consultancy and training services in areas of Industrial Engineering, Agri-Business, Economic Services, Quality Management, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Technology Management, Energy Management, Environmental Management etc., to the Government and Public & Private sector organizations.
About National Productivity and Innovation Awards Scheme (NPIA)
The main goal of the NPIA scheme is to bring forward innovative enterprises in different sectors.
Among MSME sector, the objective of NPIA is to raise consciousness towards innovation and productivity.
National Productivity Council encourages stakeholders in the implementation of productivity techniques and tools with contemporary.
It also provides a database that helps in decision-making, improving system and procedures.
Work culture and customer satisfaction also play a crucial role in both internal and external in the council.
It increases profits, productivity, and competitiveness and ensures better quality to the client. NPC also works with clients for finding out solutions if required.
Services of NPC have bearings on economic growth and quality of life for promotional and catalytic.
NPC adds value to the stakeholders, improves quality through generation and application of advanced knowledge.
Activities of National Productivity Council
- Stimulate and Promote Productivity Consciousness
- Provide consultancy services to increase productivity
- Undertake research in productivity areas and maintain database of productivity.
- Undertake preparation & Implementation of projects/schemes of Public & private Sector.
- Facilitate strengthening of regional/local and sector-wise productivity organizations.
- Promotion of IT enabled services and e-Governance.
Objectives of National Productivity Council
- Promote innovation – led productivity in a sustained manner in all spheres of national economy through holistic and inclusive approach by addressing the triple bottom line – Economic, Environmental and Social.
- Act as a catalyst in institution building and developing platforms for collaborative networking to strengthen the productivity movement.
- Act as a think tank by providing productivity related evidence based policy support and advice in while tracking the emerging trends.
- Be an independent oversight entity for various national programs, schemes and interventions.
- Recognize productivity champions through awards, affiliations, certifications, accreditations etc.
- Propagate productivity consciousness and culture amongst Govt., Business and Society.
- Demonstrate value addition through generation and application of advanced productivity tools and techniques for multiplier effect.
- Devise national productivity standards across all sectors and self assessment web based measurement tools for productivity diagnosis.
- Act as a total solution provider for Industry, Services, and Agriculture sectors for augmenting productivity through Training, Consultancy and Research wherever needed through alliances and partnerships.
- Enhance international outreach for sharing the gains of productivity on mutual basis.
- To be repository of productivity and competitiveness data across all sectors at the state and national level.
- “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” – Tim Ferriss
- “Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before.” – Franz Kafka
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” — Paul J. Meyer
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” — Bruce Lee
- “You don’t need a new plan for next year. You need a commitment.” — Seth Godin