The tour of duty of a Bank Probationary officer is quite extensive but, so is the irresistible lucrative career option with its high growth aspects.The appealing sphere of career growth is the reason behind lakhs of aspirants going for the SBI Probationary Officer Examinations every year in the field of banking. Some of the roles and responsibilities of a PO includes addressing customer related issues,handling managerial tasks and decision making.Let us take you through the roles and responsibilities of a Probationary Officer in detail!
Get free mock test on SBI PO Exam!
The biggest bank in the nation and also the biggest recruiters, SBI, is the target for every bank job seeker when it comes to the banking sector as compared to other banks in India ,especially when it comes to the Probationary level and other special officers.
A candidate after clearing the SBI PO exam will be under probation for at least a period of 2 years. PO is the entry-level position where you are trained in the basic banking tasks after which you will be appointed as an Assistant Manager.He/She is expected to have high communication skills and etiquette while dealing with customers.
Roles and Responsibilities of SBI PO Officer
- Functioning as a public relations officer : The prior thing an officer learns is providing service to customers. You are required to address all the customer related issues such as replying to all the e-mails regarding any queries from customers,checking for any discrepancies in accounts, rectification of undue charges on demand.A PO needs to keep a track of the latest product schemes and the needs of the customers.
- Assisting/Clerical Work : To get acclimatized with the highly diverse work,you can get assigned with any kind of bank related activities which includes clerical as well as assisting jobs. You will be trained in transaction software and familiarized with other operations to manage the post of a cashier etc:
- Managerial tasks : Verification of clerical work,managing cash balances and making beneficiary decisions for the bank are important managerial tasks of a PO.PO follows the maker and the checker system ,where in the cash transactions,Clerk is the maker and the PO is the checker ,and the responsibility of losses resides with the checker.
- Issuing of ATM Cards : One of the roles of a PO is the issuing of ATM Cards,demand drafts and clearing cheques. Payment clearances of RTGS/NEFT above a certain amount is done by the PO.
- Being up to date on Bank reports : A PO should be well aware of the banks latest policies and developments. They are required to read all the circulars and know all the management decisions taken by the bank.
- Entrusted with jobs on various categories : Finance,accounting,marketing billing and investment will be some of the areas in which you will receive training,the aim of which is to impart practical knowledge to the officers.
- Planning,budgeting,marketing : Tasks like planning,budgeting,marketing,loan approval and investment management is entrusted to you,the probationary officer,on the basis of your personal skills and aptitude,once you gain enough experience with banking procedures and get acquainted with the banking environment.
- Maintaining Records and proper communication : A PO is required to generate the reports related to the deposits, ledgers, withdrawals etc. to prevent any discrepancies at the end of the day.Maintaining official communication is also a major part of SBI PO job work ,which requires the PO to keep a well-maintained official interaction between the customers and other departments.
Let us check out the most important issue in the job tenure of an employee-The promotion!
SBI offers promotion facilities to its employees at a very faster rate than other banks with its systematic procedure of conducting promoting examinations every year.An employee with upgraded skill set and knowledge is promoted or even sent abroad to experience banking globally!
The main aspect which differentiates SBI PO from PO ‘s of other banks is the roles and responsibilities vested in them.
- SBI PO provides the golden chance to gain concrete skills in finance management and gives you the huge scope in learning aspects.
- It provides you with one of the best career opportunities in the banking field in India and even abroad.
- The salary packages and perks you get are alluring.
- There is always the charm of the Government job with life long job security.
- If you are up for challenges and great learning opportunities,SBI PO EXAMINATION is what you are looking for!
Get Higher Rank in SBI PO Exam! Download Entri App Now!
Discussion about this post