Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will be announcing 4500+ vacancies for Senior Section Engineer (SSE) posts this year. Once the official declaration is released, all the eligible candidates can apply for RRB SSE 2022 post online mode through our page. Candidates can log in to the official website regularly for all updates. Read the article to get a brief and summarized view of the RRB SSE 2022 Job Profile.
RRB SSE Job Profile 2022
The Senior Section Engineer in the Railways, there are different streams like – Civil, mechanical and Electrical. Check the posts available in the RRB for Sr. Section Engineer:
|Senior Section Engineer Posts|
|Drawing (Civil) & Design & Estimation|
|Mechanical – Workshop|
|Carriage & Wagon|
|Drawing & Design Mechanical|
|Electrical/ Electrical (GS)|
|Electrical – TRD|
|Electrical – TRS|
|Electrical / Workshop, Drawing/ Design& Drawing|
|PCO/ Shop Floor|
RRB SSE 2022 – Job Responsibilities
- Senior Section Engineer (SSE) is having the role of the supervisor in Civil Engineering (Permanent Way) in the department of Indian Railways.
- And SSE in the Civil departments will be in charge of a section of track (about 100-250 km length) stretching over a couple of stations and normally headquartered in major stations.
- The Civil SSE will be responsible for maintenance, repairs, and attending to failures like rail fractures.
- All SSE will have a few Junior Engineers (JE) working under them, such as a large team of workers consisting of trackmen, khalasis, and patrolmen in the case of the civil department.
- The Mechanical SSE will have to maintain the coaches, both goods and passenger coaches.
- Mechanical SSE should inspect the coaches, and ensure the proper service for trains at regular intervals.
- SSE should conduct regular inspections, trolley inspections, footplate inspections in his assigned section.
- Electrical SSE should maintain the signal trackings etc.
- SSE should coordinate the works of Junior Engineers, and schedule their works.
Click here for the latest RRB 2022 free mock tests and sectional video classes.
Senior Section Engineer – Career Path
We have reviewed the RRB SSE Job Profile, let us now examine the career path starting from the Junior Engineer, reaching the Senior Section Engineer changes to Assistant Divisional Engineer (Gazetted post) then will be promoted to Divisional Engineer, and then elevated to the post of Senior Divisional Engineer.
Senior Section Engineer => Assistant Divisional Engineer => Divisional Engineer => Senior Divisional Engineer
RRB SSE 2022 – Scale of Pay
The candidates awaiting the notification against the RRB SSE 2022 post will be interested to know the pay scale and allowances. The salary structure for the RRB posts is decided according to the Central Government rules and regulations.
A Trainee Senior Section Engineer or Apprentice SSE will have a basic scale of pay Rs.44900/- and the Dearness Allowance (DA) will be Rs.3143/- Therefore the salary will be a total of Basic and DA, that is the total salary amounts to Rs.48043 per month (Rs.5.76 Lakhs per annum).
The training section for the trainee SSE will be for 52 weeks, after training in addition to Rs.48043/- house rent allowance (HRA Rs.10776/-) and transport allowance (TA Rs.3600/-) will be added to their salaries. The gross salary will be around Rs.62419/- per month (7.49 Lakhs per annum).
- The net salary equals the gross salary – permitted to authorized deductions.
- Yearly, the basic salary is incremented by 3%. Based on inflation, CPI, the dearness allowance is increased, in general, every six months.
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
The House Rent Allowances rates will be based on the place of posting for the candidates. The HRA rates are revised along with the pay revision. At present, the HRA rates for A, B & C types of cities are respectively 27%, 18%, and 9%. The Senior Section Engineers living in staff quarters are not authorized for HRA benefits provided by RRB.
Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
The Employee Provident Fund will be deposited in the Senior Section Engineer’s PF account. From the employer’s contribution, 8.33% will be to the EPF, and the residual 3.67% is contributed towards the pension scheme. So a total of 20.33% of basic pay is being deposited every month in the EPF account of the employee.
Dearness Allowance (DA)
The Central Dearness Allowances rates are usually revised every six months. Currently, the Dearness Allowance rate for these employees is 7%.
SSE 2022 Selection Process
The selection procedure of RRB SSE 2022 will be having only a written test and the following processes:
- Online Exam (Computer Based Test)
- Medical Test
- Document Verification
A computer-based test will be conducted for the candidates provisionally, and those who are not found eligible will be exempted while DV is conducted. RRB will recruit the candidates to the next stages solely based on the marks scored in the written exam. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Document Verification and then for Medical Fitness Test.
Click here for RRB Exams 2022 full-length mock tests.
SSE 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should have four years Bachelor’s Degree in either Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Industrial, Machining, Instrumentation & Control, Automobile Engineering, and M.SC Electronics, as per the post they are applying.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The age limit for the RRB SSE posts is between 20- 34 years.
- Age relaxation can be availed by the candidates as per the Central Government Rules and Regulations.
- Age relaxation varies category-wise. Three years for the OBC candidates and Ex-Servicemen, five years for SC/ST candidates.
The interested candidates can read more about RRB SSE Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 and prepare well for the single examination 2022 with the Entri app. Get the updates of Railway recruitments and prepare for the upcoming examinations.
|RRB SSE Exam Information Links|
|RRB SSE Notification||RRB SSE Selection Process|
|RRB SSE Syllabus||RRB SSE Mock Test|
|RRB SSE Exam Date||RRB SSE Video Course|
|RRB SSE Application Form||RRB SSE Study Materials|
|RRB SSE Vacancy||RRB SSE Interview Questions|
|RRB SSE Admit Card||RRB SSE Salary|
|RRB SSE Study Plan||RRB SSE Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|RRB SSE Previous Question Papers||RRB SSE Result|
|RRB SSE Best Books||RRB SSE Cutoff|
|RRB SSE Eligibility Criteria||RRB SSE Exam Analysis|
|RRB SSE Answer Key|
Discussion about this post