Aspirants who aspire for the RRB Senior Section Engineer Post for the year 2021 can get RRB SSE Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021 on this page. Therefore, go through this blog to get the detailed syllabus and the exam pattern.
Railway Department is going to recruit candidates for Senior Section Officer posts based on their performance in the written exam and document verification. This is the news for which the aspirants had been waiting for so long. The aspirant who is interested and eligible can apply online through this page. Candidates who are going to prepare for this exam can get the entire RRB Senior Section Engineer Syllabus from this article. Go through the complete Syllabus Details and prepare well for the Exam. The RRB SSE Notification 2021, will be announced soon. Aspirants can follow this page to get all further updates regarding the Senior Section Engineer recruitment.
The applicants will be selected based on their performance in the two stages given below. They have to qualify in both the rounds given below. Then only they are eligible for the post.
- Written Examination
- Document Verification & Medical Fitness
RRB Senior Section Engineer Syllabus 2021 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Post||Senior Section Engineer (SSE)|
|Number of Vacant Posts||4304|
RRB SSE Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
RRB Senior Section Engineer Exam Pattern 2021
The exam will be having 2 parts- A and B. part A, deals with General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, ad Arithematics. While Part B is covering only the Technical areas of the concerned subjects. Part A comprises 60 marks altogether for the three sections and Part B is the scoring section with 90 marks.
|1.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||60||60||2 Hours|
- The Prelims Examination will consist of only Objective Type Questions.
- A total of 150 questions will be asked for one mark each.
- 2 Hours time period will be provided to complete the examination.
- 1/3 marks will be deducted for the wrong answers.
- The shortlisting of candidates will be based on this single prelim examination
RRB Senior Section Engineer Exam Syllabus 2021
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Number Series, syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-decoding
- Word Building, Seating arrangement, Clock, Calendar.
- Similarities and differences, space visualization/orientation, analogy, etc.
- Decision making, figural classification, visual memory, Direction sense test, Blood relations, arithmetical reasoning, etc.
- Arithmetic number series, Statement conclusion, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding, etc.
- Questions will be asked from Railway
- Rail Budget, New Technologies & Reform in the Railway of India.
- Indian History, Sports Polity, Geography, Current Affairs, Economy,
- Algebra, Interests, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
- Time and distance/work, profit & loss
- Age problems, Pipes & Cisterns, Data Interpretation, Mensuration, etc.
Part B – Technical Subjects
- Basics of Circuit Power Electronics, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Analog and Digital Electronics, Circuits and Measurement Systems
- Signals and Systems, Power and Control Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Energy bands, Signal & Systems, Electronic Devices, Wireless Communication, etc.
- Carrier transport in silicon, drift current, diffusion current, mobility, and resistivity.
- Generation and recombination of carriers.
- Junctions, Analog circuits, Digital Circuits, diodes, tunnels, Communication, etc.
- Control System, EMFT, Basics of Signal & Systems, etc.
- Computer Fundamentals, MS Office, languages, Information systems
- DBMS, Operating systems, Software Engineering
- Computer Networks, Database, Algorithms, Network communication
- System programming, Web technology & programming.
- MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization
- C , C++ & Java language
- Information systems; DBMS
- System programming; Operating systems; UNIX; SAD
- Data communication, Network communication Web technology, programming, etc.
- Software Engineering; Environment & Pollution Control.
Instrumentation & Measurement Engineering
- Questions from Basics of Measurement Systems
- Transducers, Circuits, Mechanical Measurement
- Industrial Instrumentation, Analog / Digital Electronics
- Process Instrumentation will be asked.
- General Civil Engineering.
- Topics include Construction, Structure Engineering and drawing, Costing, Estimating and Valuation & Building Materials
- Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures
- Steel Structures, Hydraulics, Hydrology, Construction, Water requirements
- Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, Surveying, Coordinate system
- Projections, Errors and adjustments, curves, Environmental Engineering
- Measurements of distance and directions.
- Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, etc.
- Kinematics of Machine, Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics
- Power Engineering, Steam Tables, Thermodynamics cycles
- C. Engines cycles, Casting, Machining, and Machine Tool Operations
- Metrology and Inspection
Chemical Metallurgical Assistant
- Basic concepts of Fuel
- Material Science; Polymers
- Applied Chemistry
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Environment & Pollution Control.
So, this is all about the SSE Exam Pattern for the upcoming examination. Candidates stay tuned to this page for the latest updates. Aspirants should follow the exam pattern and syllabus strictly to crack the single staged exam! It’s really crucial because this Computer-based test determines the chance of being on the final merit list.
RRB Senior Section Engineer Exam Syllabus FAQ’s
When will be computer-based test for the Senior Section Engineer Exam 2021 will be held?
The Exam notification is yet to be released. So, the dates are yet to be announced. Candidates can get all the updates of the exam from this page.
What all subjects are included for the CBT of RRB SSE 2021?
RRB SSE comprises of Part A- General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and Arithmetic and part B the concerned Technical Subjects.
What is the total weightage for the Part B Technical subject?
The Technical subject will be for 90 marks of the total 150 marks.
What is the total time duration for the examination?
The total time duration for the RRB SSE exam is 120 minutes or 2 hours.
Is there sectional timing for the exam?
No, there is no sectional timing for the examination.
Is there negative marking for the wrong answers’ marks?
Yes. There is a penalty of 1/3rd of the total mark deducted for each wrong answers.
What is the next stage after the RRB SSE CBT results?
The merit list will be prepared including candidates who scored above cut off. And these candidates will be called for Document Verificatin and Medical Fitness Test