Security is usually provided to dignitaries by our government which is executed by police. As per the IB department, there are four types of securities in India. Here, in this blog we the team ENTRI , is giving you a brief introduction on various types of security categories in India and who all are covered under this security and why they are getting this special security apart from other citizens , as it is a most preferable portion for competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking .
Security Categories in India
The different categories are as follows :
- Z + (highest level)
In fact, those who are covered under security can be a political leader, a business tycoon or else is because of the threat they are faced in public crowd. It is our IB department who decides the level of security to be given for a particular person by analyzing the threat perception level. As we all know , high category security is provided to the President, the Prime Minister, Chief Ministers, Union Ministers, MPs, MLCs, MLAs, leading politicians, senior bureaucrats, former bureaucrats, Supreme court judges, high court judge, former judges, businessmen, film stars, at some times even common person if they are facing any life threats. These four security categories are also known by the name of SPGs or Special Protection Group. We have some of the agencies responsible for providing different categories of securities to VIPs like SPG (Special Protection Group), NSG (National Security Guards), ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police) and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) etc.
- Z+ CATEGORY SECURITY
- It is considered to be the highest category of security in India.
- Z+ category of security offers a security cover of 55 personnel, including 10+ NSG Commandos & Police officers.
- All commandos are expert in martial arts and unarmed combat.
- The NSG commandos are allowed to use sophisticated MP5 guns, and various gadgets for communication.
- Less than 20 VIPs in the country are getting the Z+ security.
- The list includes PM Narendra Modi, UP CM Yogi Adityanath, and few others.
- Z CATEGORY SECURITY
- Z is the second level of security.
- Z category offers a security cover of 22 personnel, including 4 to 5 NSG Commandos & Police officers.
- Security is provided by the ITBP or CRPF personnel with one escort car.
- Yoga Guru Ramdev and many actors including Aamir Khan are availing this category of security.
- Y CATEGORY SECURITY
- It is the third level of security.
- Y category has a security cover of 11 personnel, including 1 or 2 Commandos & Police officer.
- It also offers two Personal Security Officers (PSOs).
- There are many people who get coverage under this category.
- X CATEGORY SECURITY
- This is the last level of security.
- X category has a security cover of 2 police personnel, and there will not be any Commando.
- It is provided by one PSO (personal security officer).
- Of course, a considerable number of people get this X category of protection in India.
Hope this information will help you for your preparation for various competitive examinations.
Best wishes for your examination!