Do you know which is the smallest country in the world? Do you know the population rate of the smallest countries? Let’s explore together. This page can help you to identify and understand the smallest countries in the world. The smallest countries in the world can be identified based on the parameters like population size and the total area of the land. Here is the list of the countries which are small by the population survey of 2021. This list can help to locate the smallest countries which are a major economic source for the government as it is deemed as the tourist and vacation spot.
Explore the Smallest Countries in World by Population
|SL||Smallest Country||Population rate according to 2021 survey|
|8||Saint Kitts And Nevis||53,544|
|12||Antigua And Barbuda||98,731|
|15||Saint Vincent And The Grenadines||111,263|
|20||Sao Tome and Principe||223,368|
Smallest Countries by Population
The population size of a country can be estimated by the census and by the survey taken every ten years by the authorities of each country. The census will be taken without any miscalculations as it can directly affect the result. The first Census in the US was conducted in the year 1790. The trend of taking census data continues every year without any fail. The authority responsible for taking the census in America is none other than the Census Bureau of the United States of America.
The records of each year are kept safe in the National Archives and Records Administration bureau of every country. They are responsible for the calculation and declaration of the census results. Based on the results, the smallest countries based on the population can be calculated easily. When many of the countries are gaining population, there are countries which can be noted down for the yearly population decline. The population decline is mainly occurring due to the low birth rate and high death rate, the fertility of the land, the negative net migration and the low chances for survival in a particular land etc. Each Nation has its position on the basis of the Countries in World by Population as per the survey by the Census Bureau of the United States of America.
Top 10 Smallest Countries 2021
Are you curious to know about the smallest country in the world? According to the population census/ survey, the least populated country in Vatican City. Here is the crude list of the top 10 Smallest Countries in World by Population which is comparatively low.
|8||Saint Kitts and Nevis||53,199|
- Located in Italy, Rome
- The smallest country in the world or can be said as the top among the Smallest Countries in World by Population
- Least population of 800 inhabitants
- The smallest country in terms of area
- The country is known for its renowned paintings and sculptures.
- Home of the Pope
- The legislative, executive and judicial power over Vatican City is controlled by Pope
- Major Tourist spot.
- Popular for St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Museums.
- Named after Mount Vatican.
- founded on Feb. 11, 1929.
- Located in Polynesia in the Pacific Ocean
- An island nation with three reef islands and six atolls
- Also known as Ellice Islands
- Independent sovereign state
- Member of the UN
- Exercising Parliamentary democracy
- Citizens are of Polynesian descent
- Language is related to Samoan.
- Most remote countries in the world
- Known as Pleasant Island
- Isolated island
- Bombed by Japan in 1943
- Oval shaped island
- Located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean
- Micronesians and Polynesians were the first sets of people residing on the island
- annexed by Germany in1888.
- Known for the export of phosphate.
- Site for the sale of fishing licenses
- 95 per cent of the people obesity
- English is taught in schools and widely accepted
- The country with the group of islands
- Located in the Pacific Ocean
- Originated out of 3400 coral and volcanic islands
- . Babelthuap, Koror, Malakal, Arakabesan and Peleliu are Palau’s major islands.
- Popularly known for Scuba diving
- Terrestrial flora is abundant
- Source of marine life
- Located near Italy in Southern Europe
- The official language is Italian
- San Marino is the capital of the country
- Located on the north-eastern side of the Apennine Mountains and the coast near Rimini
- The republic is named for Saint Marinus
- . Marinus is the legend of the country
- oldest constitutional republic
- the oldest sovereign state.
- Neither a kingdom nor a republic
- It is a principality in western Europe
- The country has UN membership
- Not officially part of European Union
- French is the language of the country
- Italian and English are widely spoken
- Euro is the currency of the country
- The only UN country without an International Football Team
- Harbours are the major attractions of the country
- Bordered by the Mediterranean Sea and France
- Governed by Constitutional monarchs
- Prince as the head of the state
- Monaco has an independent foreign policy of its own
- Known for Monte Carlo Casino
- Belonging to the category of ‘doubly landlocked countries in the world
- It has a national football tea,
- The country is divided into 11 municipalities
- Located in western Europe
- Considered as an Alpine Country
- German-speaking citizens
- Bordered by Austria and Switzerland
- Vaduz is the capital of the country
- Created in 1719 as a princedom
- Granted independence in 1866
- Popular for Summer Olympic Games and Winter Olympic Games
- The country has its own National Olympic Committee
- Liechtenstein is also known for its football team
- Country of 1000 island
- Most of the islands are uninhabited
- Located near the equator
- West to the International Date Line.
- part of the island group of
- Recognised as a UN member.
- Located exactly in the northern part of Micronesia
- The island has 29 atolls
- Citizens belonging to the Micronesian ethnic group
- The language of the country is the native Marshallese language,
- . English is regarded as the official language of the island
- Testing ground for the nuclear weapons
- The popular site Bikini Atoll Site is located here
- It is still acting as a military base for the UN
Saint Kitts and Nevis
- A group of two islands in the Caribbean
- Basseterre is the capital
- Commonwealth realm,
- Around 53,000 residents
- The smallest country in the Caribbean according to the population census
- Intact population for several years
- Member of the United Nations
- Part of the British Commonwealth
- Major Tourist spot
- Saint Kitts Carnival is well known among the people across the globe
- Nevis is famous as the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton
- Brimstone Hill Fortress, once known as the “Gibraltar of the West Indies is located in this country
- An island nation in the Lesser Antilles
- The population of the country is 71,986
- Located in the middle of the Antilles chain of Island
- The capital of the country is Roseau
- Dominicans descended from African slaves
- The slaves were brought to the island by the French and British Colonisers
- The African slaves reached the island in the year ranging between 1600- 1800
- The official language of the island nation is English
- Dominican Creole French is also the accepted language
- The most beautiful island in the entire Caribbean
- Includes mountainous regions and pastoral land
- The Youngest of the Antilles
- Hurricane-prone Island
- Hurricane devastated the country completely in the year 2017
- The islanders are so determined enough to rebuild the island
- Also known as the “The Nature Island”
- Tourism is the main source of income
- Diving, hiking and snorkelling are important sports items for the tourists
- The second-largest hot spring can be seen in the country.